“Friend's Birthday”

Ranked #57 of 1,171 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a small, locally owned business offering high quality meals cooked with the best ingredients. A very intimate space to enjoy lunch or dinner, and now brunch on the weekends. Fresh fruit juices, mimosas & margaritas, premium coffee and great music make this a place you don't want to miss.
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Simply Great. Excellent dishes, great Service, Great Drinks, Nicely located in Old San Juan. This place has it all. Look nowhere else. You can have Mexican food or International even some Asian inspired dishes. We were a group of 12 and were treated very nicely.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for an early dinner, the food was tasty! We had their Queso, but wished we’d skipped this (it was excellent) because we also ordered their tacos which were huge, we couldn’t finish them!

The restaurant is small and charming, you’ll love it!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited La Madre for brunch yesterday. We intended to go there for lunch, but on Saturdays they apparently serve only brunch until 5:00PM.

She ordered fish tacos and really liked them. I ordered chilaquiles with red sauce. I love chilaquiles, but I have a hard time finding them in Texas. These were so good that I savored every bite. I wanted to lick the plate, but I figured my wife might be upset with me. The drinks were yummy as well.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Staff was super friendly although it was a bit of a wait to finally receive our food. In their defense we are a large family of 7. The food was worth the wait! Loved every bite!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Okay so Sunday night, we are wondering around looking for GOOD FOOD (not necessarily local, but fresh and tastey) we found a GEM! A side alley with lovely music and outdoor seating to enjoy a romantic evening! And great service and pricing! Fabuloso y perfecto!!! Thanks Andres!!!

Date of visit: August 2018