“This place remains AWESOME!”

Panaderia Espana Reposteria
Ranked #1 of 9 Quick Bites in San Juan
Cuisines: Deli, Spanish, Wine Bar, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Since our beginning in 1972 we strived to provide the best products to our new clients as well as to those that visit us on a regular basis. Even those travelers that during their brief stay in Puerto Rico, step out of the airport and visit us just to have a taste of the wonderfull things that they have heard of “La España”. Our menu is one that holds and respects an enormous tradition. From our daily baked bread to our coffee served hot every time. From our sandwiches made with the best products to that pastry that melts in your mouth. From that exquisite seafood paella, to that our very traditional galician soup. Many recepies come from past genetations and others we have given a personal twist, this way offering a unique product to those that enjoy our delicious variety. Our passion for quality is what drives us. We are in a constant lookout for better ingredients and products so we can always guarantee our best to every customer.
Reviewed 4 November 2018

I reviewed "La España" a few years ago - a few days ago I stopped in PR for a business meeting, and had to stop on the way to the SJU airport(5 minutes away). Place was established in 1972... my mom use to take me there for their pastries (borrachas, merenguitos, Palmeritas..). Visiting La España is like hitting a time warp for me - back to the '70's.

Aside the baked goods, they have a fantastic kitchen ranging from traditional Spanish dishes (Fabada, paella, etc) to Cuban/PR staples. I usually opt for a sandwich, a Cuban, Media Niche or Choripan... Wash it all down with a Medalla beer or a vino Tinto (they do have a full bar).. and make sure you stop by the pastry window...

Lastly - you've done well, had a great meal... life is good - buy yourself a lottery ticket from one of the vendors just outs the door.

By the way - this place is ALWAYS packed with locals - tells you all your need to know... GO!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

We loved this place. Perfect for breakfast. Their coffee is amazing. Pastries and pasteles are to die for. Nice environment, employees are friendly

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

This place is a MUST for breakfast....it had outstanding coffee, pastries and breakfast sandwiches!!!!! It’s a hidden gem that’s worth the trip.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Visited the place to purchase a cake and a cuban sub for breakfast. The sub was huge and delicious, and I could only eat half of it. After that for some reason I felt rumblings in my stomach after a few minutes of eating it. I am not sure if the meat or something was too strong for my stomach. This is a very busy place with many customers and it is difficult to park since it is on a marginal road. If you are looking for authentic Spanish food, local subs, and pastries near the airport in San Juan, you might want to go there. Perhaps my stomach used to American food and salads was too weak for what I ate for breakfast. You might have a better experience. The Spanish cakes, empanadas and pastries are A+++.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We were coming from a long day sailing and decide to stop to grab some croissants and bread, but once we were inside we couldn’t decide, niether resist!!!
Amazing variety of breads and pastries, a collection of sandwiches and a cordiality hard to find these days!
If you ever are in the area don’t miss it!

Date of visit: September 2018