“Delicious pastries, cakes and subs- But Challenging Parking”

Panaderia Espana Reposteria
Ranked #3 of 13 Quick Bites in San Juan
Cuisines: Deli, Spanish, Wine Bar, Puerto Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Since our beginning in 1972 we strived to provide the best products to our new clients as well as to those that visit us on a regular basis. Even those travelers that during their brief stay in Puerto Rico, step out of the airport and visit us just to have a taste of the wonderfull things that they have heard of “La España”. Our menu is one that holds and respects an enormous tradition. From our daily baked bread to our coffee served hot every time. From our sandwiches made with the best products to that pastry that melts in your mouth. From that exquisite seafood paella, to that our very traditional galician soup. Many recepies come from past genetations and others we have given a personal twist, this way offering a unique product to those that enjoy our delicious variety. Our passion for quality is what drives us. We are in a constant lookout for better ingredients and products so we can always guarantee our best to every customer.
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Visited the place to purchase a cake and a cuban sub for breakfast. The sub was huge and delicious, and I could only eat half of it. After that for some reason I felt rumblings in my stomach after a few minutes of eating it. I am not sure if the meat or something was too strong for my stomach. This is a very busy place with many customers and it is difficult to park since it is on a marginal road. If you are looking for authentic Spanish food, local subs, and pastries near the airport in San Juan, you might want to go there. Perhaps my stomach used to American food and salads was too weak for what I ate for breakfast. You might have a better experience. The Spanish cakes, empanadas and pastries are A+++.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We were coming from a long day sailing and decide to stop to grab some croissants and bread, but once we were inside we couldn’t decide, niether resist!!!
Amazing variety of breads and pastries, a collection of sandwiches and a cordiality hard to find these days!
If you ever are in the area don’t miss it!

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

This bakery is pretty standard in what to expect. It’s mediocre. The parking is a challenge. If you are nearby it’s a good option. Do expect everything to be overpriced.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

My family and I visited in the month of August and were lucky enough to be staying just a few blocks away from this panaderia. We were there for a week and stopped by every single day, some times for breakfast, other times for coffee and dessert. Everytime we tried something new and left satisfied. I loved all the empanadas and appetizers, my husband was over the moon with all their desserts (sooo many to choose from) and my little brother was happy he could get "American breakfast" (eggs, bacon, pot & toast). It's not just a bakery...You can also buy deli meats here and they serve food all day long, you'll find people go there at night also to drink wine. Please note, You have to walk up to the counter to order and wait for the food too, they don't bring it to the table.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

A convenient spot to go to if you are staying on Isla Verde. The baked goods are nicely displayed which makes it even more difficult to choose because they all look so tasty. The only issue I had was that the items are marked up 100% more. I guess it is all about location. The fact they are in the touristy part of the island allows you to mark up. Overall it is good but I have had better in other parts of the Island.

Date of visit: August 2018