“Great Location and Very Very Clean”
Review of Casa Condado Hotel

Casa Condado Hotel
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Casa Condado is an awesome hidden gem, literally 2 blocks away from the beach.

The hotel was VERY clean & smelled AWESOME

Johelly *The Manager" was simply amazing.. From check in, upgraded room from Standard to Superior, to ensuring that I had what I needed . She was the BEST & made my stay pleasurable. She takes PRIDE in the hotel.

This reflected in the staff also... Special shout out to "Juan" housekeeping who does a superb job, Nate front desk who has is outstanding with customer services.

The hotel is very charming and is unique. It character stands alone. If there was anything that I was disappointed in was that the rooms do not have the following:

NO Refrigerators, NO Microwaves...

IT is in a safe area and the hotel has a restaurant that is attached to the hotel and offers excellent food.

I would use the hotel again and let my friends know about it.

Room Tip: Hotel has no elevators so if you need, ask for hotel on lower floors if you need one.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank RoperRob60

Reviewed 22 February 2017

From mid January to mid February we stayed here 3 times as San Juan was a jump off place to our travels in the Caribbean. We chose the Casa Condado neighborhood because of what we read about it but at the end of the day, because we sometimes arrived so late, we really didn't do justice to the neighborhood. The street itself is not attractive but a few blocks away was much more so. We just needed a place to crash and our 3 different rooms were comfortable and clean and we liked the outdoor sitting area. One night we had dinner in the restaurant and it was good though service was ridiculously slow. We would have enjoyed the neighborhood more if we'd been in Old San Juan because that has more interesting character but it is also busier, nosier, etc.

Room Tip: Our last room was #15 and we liked that the best of the 3 we stayed in
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Casa Condado has the charter and charm of a great Mid Century boutique hotel if the management would invest in its potential.As it stands it is only barebones accommodations. Ample but naked room devoid of artwork or color, with newer VERY noisy air conditioners. Think Dorm room.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Casa Condado is literally located a block away (3 minutes walk) from Ashford Ave. this is a small hotel and for half of the price of other hotels in the Avenue you can have a good night rest and a hot bath. So for my experience I can say its worth the price if you are not planning something fancy.

They have complimentary Wifi and the place is clean.

But...

We have a little argument with one young man part of the staff. We payed $15 dollars for a parking spot and during the checking the woman that received us told us that there were only 6 spots available and that we were the last ones arriving so we will have a guaranteed parking at all times.

For our surprise, when we got back at night all the spots were taken and this man told us to park our car outside.

I told him what we were told at our arriving and his response was "he had nothing to do with what other people said before" Then he asked me if "I wanted to wake up other guest to take a parking" I was so surprised...I dont think this kind of people represent at all Customer Service.

Beautiful Hotel but Manager should remember to all the employees they work for a business not for themselves.

Stayed on Jan 28, 2016

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017

I was in town to see my grandmother and hang with some buddies who happened to be there at the same time. I just needed the room to shower and sleep. It was perfect for that. 3 blocks to the beach and once to the beach there is a woman who rents chairs for 5$ for the day. Close to Ashford ave which is the main strip in the Condado. a 3 dollar Uber to Placita de Santurce which is the place to be on thursday and friday nights. Front desk was super friendly and there 24 hrs. Great location, clean and affordable. Only suggestion is that they ad a small fridge to the rooms and possibly and iron. But all in all i would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2017