“This place is a GEM!”

Acacia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I booked this place for two or maybe three reasons. It was a small boutique hotel, looked quaint, some good reviews and you could walk to the beach. The outside was just as I imagined and how it looked in pictures. At first I didn't know how to get in and someone standing outside informed us that you had to ring the buzzer. When you walk in the lounge area had a modern yet tropical feeling with all of the big plants I wanted to take home with me and put in my living room. loud. We were quickly greeted by the concierge and apparently the operations manager whom everyone talks about here. I booked back in February of 2011- yes, it took me an entire year to write this review, but better now than never. Chad was just wonderful, always asking us if we needed anything whenever we would see him, but not overbearing. He really made us feel at home. Our room was very comfortable, clean and we had a nice view of the ocean and beach from our window. Make sure to check out the lovely jacuzzi, the top notch regular mojitos or the coconut mojitos made by Donna which are phenomenal. You MUST eat chef Christian's wonderful creations in Niche. My favorites were the mussels which were like butter, duck confit tacos, whole red snapper and ceviche. The front desk gave us restaurants to check out that were more high end, but not too expensive ans all of them were excellent. We asked about zip lining, and other tourists attractions and they were always so helpful. This place was more relaxing than I expected. Everyone made us feel relaxed and comfortable- service was great! Thank you Chad and all the staff for making our stay at your lovely hotel worthwhile. What a charming place to stay...

Room Tip: Arrange your parking well in advance..there are very limited parking spots down the streets in their...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank BlueDonut42

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I visit PR 2-3 times a year and as a creature of habit, I go for my creature comforts and stay in the same hotel. I have a greeat experience there, most of the time and little to few complaints. i decide to expand my horizons and stay in a different area-more of a neighborhood, but still having great access to restaurants, nightlife and of course, the beach.
I booked a stay at The Acacia and, frankly, I am not looking back. This fab,stylish,sweet and most inportantly well run hotel is now the only place i want to stay.
Chad, The GM, went out of his way to accomodate me and the staff is truly on point. Susanna, Ari, Hector and Josean made me feel like I wa at home from the time I arrived and I was actually sad to leave. The view from my amazing room with the wrap around balcony, the quality of care and service i recieved and a restaurant, Noche, that was beyond excellent...even for this Jaded New York Gal.
I will be booking my next vist soon and THIS IS THE PLACE!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank NYCRevie
Reviewed 9 March 2012

When I made the reservation I was well aware that they have a difficult parking situation. I was not aware of how frustrating it would be to park in the area. I would not stay here unless you have your parking figured out in advance, or if you don't mind heavy traffic and aimless searching. The guy at the check-in desk told us we could park illegally on the street (tickets are rare, he said, but we didn't want to risk it) or find a paid lot which he thought would be about $5. We drove around in horrible traffic for about an hour and found no lots that accepted overnight parking, except for other hotels which were terribly expensive. We ended up parking at the Radisson and walking about 15 minutes to the hotel.
Our room was nice - no complaints there. By the time we parked and checked in, the weather had become cool and very windy with light rain so we lost our opportunity to enjoy the beach (I can't blame them for the weather, but it added to the frustration and disappointment). We decided to enjoy the hot tub, which was the thing that was our main attraction to the hotel in the first place. It was not hot - warm enough to sit in, but definitely not hot. I felt like the attitude of the hotel was a bit stuffy - maybe it's just the customers they attract, but it wasn't quite our flavor. For the sake of simplicity, I wish I had just stayed at the Radisson, despite my initial determination not to visit any chains on the vacation.

Room Tip: We got one of the cheaper rooms without a view. If a view is important to you, ask about it in adva...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A M
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The Acacia Hotel is charming, comfortable & friendly. The entire staff at Acacia couldn't be nicer or do more to make your stay with them perfect. I highly recommend the hotel when staying in the San Juan area. I was in PR on business & the hotel provided a quiet restful atmosphere to unwind at the end of the day.
Peter H

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2012

A perfect, intimate boutique hotel 30 seconds from the beach in a quaint part of San Juan. The hotel is friendly, clean, a Gem!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple