Book now, pay at stay
Book now, pay at stay
US$347
US$299
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Breakfast included
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$102
US$237
Hotel Miramar(San Juan)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$205
Travelocity
4,942 results
All reviewscafe caribelagoon sidesalt water poolocean viewpuerto riconoodle barold san juansmall beachglass showerswim up barpool arearopa viejaashford avenuecoffee makermain poolopen hoursconcierge desk
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We originally had booked The Marriott and then cancelled and chose this hotel based on a write-up in Caribbean Travel Magazine. I normally don't go really base my own opinion on a review, but for some reason this one grabbed my attention and I am extremely happy that I went with my gut feeling. This hotel is a MUST stay while visiting San Juan. The photos on this webiste and their own are spot on. We stayed for an overnight after our Princess cruise to take in San Juan and kept the theme of our trip with an Ocean view room. Talk about a room with a view...simply breathtaking! The room was extremely spacious - it was like being in a suite. The hotel is spotless, staff is extremely friendly and accomodating. We had a 5:30PM flight out the next day and we were able to extend our check-out time until 3PM and hang out by the pool for most of the day. We also got the rate with breakfast which I highly recommend if it remains available You get a coupon per person valued at $15. I ordered pancakes, got the usual 3 and only was able to eat 1 - they were HUGE so the portions are quite generous to say the least. It is an American style breakfast. Short cab ride to Old San Juan which is beautiful and offers a nice variety of shopping. You can also take the bus for 75 cents and it runs every half hour. 2 pools - one is a salt water pool and the other is fresh water with a poolside bar; very cool. Condado Beach is just steps away so you have the best of all worlds with your choices in sunning and swimming. You can even snorkel in Condado Beach. We would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in San Juan. We wished we had extended our vacation to stay longer in Puerto Rico. We will definitely be back to see the many sites we missed and of course relax. Our only choice of where we will stay is at The Condado .

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Due to the widely mixed reviews of San Juan hotels on TA we had a hard time finally deciding on the Conrad hotel. We wanted to be on the beach and near Old SJ. Overall we were very pleased with our decision to stay at this hotel.

Service: The service was good (front desk staff, pool and bar staff), the hotel was clean and although it was lively it wasn't too roudy for us traveling with a 5 year old. The casino was fun, the pools were nice (although the water was way too cold and the hot tub at the main pool wasn't working properly), the lagoon beach was good in the early morning before the public started arriving. We did enjoy the hot tub in our lagoon tower as it was working and had a nice view. Internet service was reliable and we ordered movies and our room every night and that worked well.

Rooms: We stayed in the family suite (traveling with our 5 yrd old child and 19 yr old niece) and the room was fine. It was a bit disappointing to not have an ocean front room but we did have a partial ocean view and the street below wasn't noisy at all, even from our 4th floor room. Our room was cleaned daily by at least 2 pm and we did order room service the first night and it was timely and very tasty!

Dining: I highly recommend Varitas at the hotel, very good food and family friendly. We also enjoyed Ajili Mojili in Condado and a great place for a snack and drink to watch the sunset is Don Juan Hacienda just a block from the hotel. The best mojito was in Old SJ at Barrachina and the best chicken mofongo was at Ceviche Hut at the Loquillo Beach kiosks.

Things to do: The surrounding area in Condado is nice. We strolled down Ashford Ave every night and stopped in the local grocery (just 3 blocks from hotel) to buy water and snacks. We rented a car and drove to the rainforest one day. It was an easy drive and the scenery was beautiful! Stopped at the outlet mall on the way back and it's nothing to rave about.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TLWhite
Reviewed 20 May 2009

I had a great time here. The room and the pictures were exactly as they appeared on the website. I had the ocean front view room here and you could literally spit into the water from your balcony, not that I did. They even had a salt water pool as well as a pool with a bar in it. Each hotel here on this strip had it's own separate beach. The bartender Spencer was great. All the people here and the service was great. Ashford ave. had all the great stores if you like to shop, as far as LV, Cartier, Salvador Fer., etc, and a great night life. The resort here was great, and I would go back a million times.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I am sitting here in my room at the Condado Plaza the morning of my departure writing this review.

My friends and I arrived a day early into San Juan to board a cruise out of the Pan Am pier. Originally we booked the Sheraton thinking the ship was going to dock across the street, but when we found out it was docking across the water instead, we decided to find a hotel that was a little closer.

With the help of this site, I checked out reviews for the SHERATON and the CONDADO PLAZA and actually found the latter to be more highly rated by travelers. So, we booked the Condado Plaza and hoped for the best.

Like everyone else I wasn't overly pleased that a lean was put on my credit card or that there were all these extra charges (taxes and other fees) that were being added to the bill, but miraculously, we were able to snag an ocean view room at about the same cost as a standard room at the Sheraton.

Upon arriving at the Condado we were greeted by a porter who took our luggage and then brought it up to the room, despite the fact we got a call saying that there was a mixup with which room it originally went to. That caused us to wait about 45 minutes for our luggage to arrive after check-in. Ceasar is the luggage porter and he was especially nice.

The rooms itself are pretty impressive. Very modern décor with one of the most imaginative bathroom layouts I have ever seen. My friends were ecstatic when they walked in the room and saw how beautiful it was. Then, they looked at the ocean view off their balcony and were convinced they were in one of the most wonderful hotels they have ever been in.

After reading all the reviews I knew that this hotel was not going to be perfect. Fortunately our complaints were only minor.

Firstly, after walking Old San Juan and having dinner in town, we decided to come back around 7pm to use the hot tub by the pool. We were thrilled that it was empty, but once getting into the tub we were upset to find that the water was lukewarm. Even though a sign by the tub stated the water gets no hotter than 102 degrees, we were soaking in water that was about 80 degrees. Thing is, once it gets dark, there is no hotel staff walking around the pool so there was nobody around to ask to turn the heat up.

Also, there is no water pressure in the shower. You have this beautiful cubical glass shower, but once turned on, you have to deal with low water pressure. On the plus side, there was an array of lotions and body wash as well as a coffee maker (with coffee) in the room.

I woke up this morning at 5am quite hungry and wanted to go to Starbucks which I heard was attached to the hotel. I was told at the front desk that Starbucks doesn't open till 7am. Meanwhile, there is NO vending machines anywhere in the hotel so I have no idea what someone would do if they needed bottled beverages or just something to snack on.

The bed was extremely comfortable. With the balcony door open, I drifted off to la-la land to the sound of the crashing waves below me. It was wonderful. Just be aware that if you keep the balcony open at night the air conditioning turns off. This is to be expected.

Internet WiFi was my major concern, and I am happy to report that it is working quite well in my 8th floor ocean view room. Very speedy access.

Elevator, as reported, is very slow. Be prepared to wait during rush hours.

Check-in was a tad slow as there seems to be an influx of people and only two clerks at the desk, but nothing to really complain about. Have not yet attempted to check out, but as reported, it doesn't seem you can do it from the room so we have given ourselves 30 minutes this morning to do it from the lobby just in case there is a line.

On the plus side, this hotel is beautiful. By far, I would not hesitate to come back here next year. I just think the hotel needs to be more on top of the little things like maintaing the hot tub temperature, working on in-room checkout and perhaps providing a means for people to get snacks outside of restaurant hours.

Overall, a highly satisfying experience and a great way to start off our week vacation.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank RonboNJ
Reviewed 16 May 2009

I was in San Juan for business in 2/2008. My wife came along with me on this trip. We were deciding between the Sheraton Old San Juan, Hilton Caribe, and this hotel. We were very satisfied with our selection. The location of the hotel is ideal. You're near old San Juan (~$15 cab ride one-way), but you're not in it, so you avoid the noise, crowds, and traffic. Also, the Condado area is really nice. In the opposite directon from old San Juan, there is shopping and some pretty good restaurants.

The hotel grounds are really nice. You're right on the sea. The pool is right by the beach. The beach is small, open to public, and really not worth spending time at, in my opinion. The rooms were very nice, especially the bathrooms.

The one bizarre thing about the hotel was we heard the speaker (i.e. for emergency announcements) crackling during the night. The hotel sent maintenance up to fix it while we were out. When we came back, it was still making the same noises. It was loud enough and annoying enough that I had a hard time sleeping. We complained at the front desk and they moved us to an ocean view room (we had previously been in a lagoon view room). Interestingly enough, the speaker was doing the same thing in this room. It was nice to get a free upgrade, but the noise was less than ideal. That is the only negative thing I would say about the hotel.

The casino is pretty small, but if you're there to gamble, it will suffice. We aren't big gamblers and having the casino there did not bother us.

If you have a car, make a trip to El Yunque rain forest. We had not been to a rain forest that did not require a guide. This one does not. You're free to hike on your own and there are some breathtaking views. Luquillo beach is not far from El Yunque. The concierge suggested we go here. Pretty amazing beach. Post card worthy, I would say.

Restaurants that I'd recommend:
-Cafe Puerto Rico (Old San Juan) - Puerto Rican food. Best "local" food we had while in San Juan.
-Agua Viva (Old San Juan) - Seafood.
-Ajili Mojili (Condado) - Puerto Rican food within walking distance of hotel. Recommended by concierge.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business