My boyfriend and I just recently came back from San Juan, Puerto Rico. We arrived at the Condado Plaza and it looked amazing, the lobby was beautiful just like the pictures. The hotel has a very nice miami feel to it. It took forever to get to our room because there was only one elevator working in the lobby so everyone had to cram into this tiny elevator. We finally checked into our room right away and the room was very nice and spacious. The only thing is that our balcony was flooded with water, because they failed to tell us that they were doing construction on the outside of the building. We had to go to the lobby and ask for another room. We then went to look at another room which had the same problem. Finally after looking at 2 different rooms we found one that didnt have a flooded balcony and went directly to the pools. The pools were very nice, but the beach is so disappointing very small and there is rocks and shells all over so you feel like you are walking on glass. The beach is public so anyone can go there and even stray dogs were running around. We ordered food at the restuarant by the pool, we had a hamburger and fries and chicken fingers and fries and two drinks the bill came out to $67.00. You have to pay $2.50 extra for slices of cheese. On the second day, after spending the day by the pool my boyfriend and I went to our room to relax a bit, upon entering the room we discovered that there was two men on the balcony painting. They were there for about 15 minutes and then when we went to the balcony and we realized that the balcony was flooded again and the construction workers had left big pieces of paint chips on the floor. We then went to the front desk and complained again, they gave us a resort credit for our inconvenience At this point we were a little fed up, we payed extra money for an ocean view and we couldnt really enjoy it. On the third day we so unhappy because we encountered the same problem once again , we decided to check out and check into another hotel in Isla Verde. If you ever decide to go to San Juan, this hotel is nice, but dont go there unless you are sure that they are completely done with their construction. When I made the reservation they told me that they were done with construction, which was not the truth. The area around the hotel can be a little boring, and the beach is very disappointing. If you are a beach person this is not the place to for you. Try to stay in Isla Verde the beach there is amazing and the hotels are so much nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Condado Plaza Hilton, the only hotel overlooking both the Atlantic Ocean and Condado Lagoon, is an enchanting alternative to typical San Juan hotel. Our unique location boasts cool ocean breezes, breathtaking sunsets, and a shimmering, protected beach. Whether you're traveling for work or play, this sparkling hotel offers it all, superb dining options including the award-winning Pikayo restaurant, elegant event venues, three glistening pools, water slide, waterports, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, poolside massage and bustling nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Condado Plaza Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad San Juan Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- San Juan Conrad
- Condado Plaza Hotel San Juan
- Hotel Resort Wyndham