“Best ever beans I ever taste great service.”
Review of Cafe El Punto

Cafe El Punto
Ranked #10 of 1,141 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

OMG best ever beans what a wonderful taste. Excellence service and awesome taste. Im loving it. When the waitress asked me "is everithing ok , do you need something I told her, i would like eat more beans and politely She served me more stewed beans at no extra cost. Excellent place to get lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

I'm a local resident and a hoteliers. I've been to this restaurant a couple of times, It's not the fanciest place but the food and service is outstanding. I visited the restaurant a couple of months ago and my daughter gave the waitress a drawing she made, the waitress got super excited and this made my daughter very happy. I visited the restaurant again today and had completely forgotten about the drawing and the waiters recognized us and welcomed us back very excited and asked my daughter to make them another drawing bringing her paper to draw on. I believe that this is a true example of personalized and genuinely good service aside that the food is fantastic. If you really want to taste great local cuisine this is the place to go.

Buen provecho!!! Enjoy

Reviewed 29 January 2016

My wife and I were recommended to have a drink here by another tourist.
We wanted to grab something quickly to eat and have a mojito.
The food was authentic and really, really tasty. I would highly recommend the stuffed avocado.
The mojito's are strong and our bartender, Heidi was brilliant. It was like sitting at a friends place having some drinks.

Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

While participating in a San Juan foodie tour we stopped at the cafe for some ceviche and alcupurias. While this is a small eatery we waited in the lobby for our treats. Determined to eat there one day we decided to have our last lunch here (since we could not make it back here during our previous trip). Please note patrons may sit in an air conditioned dining room if eating in.

We started out with some ceviche and alcupurias which were both very good. In fact, the alcupurias were our favorite!

Unfortunately, we had a flight to catch and ordered our remaining dishes to go. Skirt steak and mofongo and arroz con camerones. We missed the flight, the beans (packed separately in plastic cups) spilled everywhere. My boyfriend tried the steak and mentioned it being tough. The kid loved the shrimp. We believe this is a place we must sit down and eat at instead of ordering to go. Meats can continue cooking or dry out while traveling.

Next time we'll eat there and provide a more thorough review. We can only give it a three as the meat was overcooked and on the dry side. Next time we'll dine in!

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

The staff here was incredibly friendly and knowledgable and quick to recommend the specialties of the house. The aguacuates are delicious and the ceviche is some of the best I have had outside of Ecuador, especially with the house hot sauce. The habanero mojito is not spicy but is made with rum that is available only in Puerto Rico. Not overly sweet but entirely delightful.