“Great place for typical Puerto Rican food”

El Meson de La Roosvelt
Ranked #370 of 1,147 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

This would be my number one choice for when I'm wanting some rice and beans, mofongo and any other typical Puerto Rican dish. The ambiance and service are good.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

This place is a great value restaurant. Food is very good. If you love mojitos don't even try it here. YUCK!!!!! But food and price wise it is recommended.

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

We went for lunch on a weekday, a table of three. The waiter came over to get our order and we didn't see him again until about an hour later, when we still had not received our food and called him over. He didn't apologize for our food taking almost an hour to be served but told us it would come out soon. About 15 minutes later we got our food. After this, we hurried to pay since we had already been there for an hour and a half. I am a firm believer in tipping but when I get bad service I think about it twice and decided not to leave a tip. Little did I know the waiter had already charged me 4.50 for tip! I definitely will not be returning.

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

If you are in the middle of Hato Rey or Roosevelt avenue this place is a very good alternative...parking is small but no problem they have valet parking! The menu is wide and very interesting but also they have daily specials like risotto, salmon and of course smoked pork chops with Guava sauce...delicious...why not a 5? Well the rice flavor is good (I tried the "mamposteao") but not as good as expected.

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

sometimes place is over pack and loud. food tastes good and prices are ok. had mofongo with a white sauce with the churrasco very good