“Last two days, best in many ways”

Fefo's Deli and Tapas
Ranked #108 of 1,114 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

After two weeks all over PR, we found Fefo's on our last two days in Old San Juan. Dinner was so good, we returned for lunch the next day. Most attentive service we experienced anywhere, three different women ensured we had everything we needed.

The drinks (& bartender) were pleasantly local. In-house juices made these all the better. The sangria was the perfect mix of sweet and tart with fresh bits of mango and piña. The Pina colada (on both visits) was outstanding, as was the passion fruit mojito.

The food was just as impressive. We thought the ceviche was the best in Old San Juan. It didn't hurt that the fisherman/chef came to greet us on our 2nd visit. The chicharrones de Mero (lightly fried grouper) was insanely good (ordered on both visits). The churassco was tender and good with the chimmichuri sauce, but would have been great with out it as well. Tostones were the best anywhere on the entire Isla; crisp on the outside, not greasy, and still soft on the inside! The San Sebastian sandwich was the least exciting, but still a great combo of meats.

Only had the key lime pie for dessert, but after devouring it, our server admitted she had been the one to make it.

All in all, a great group of people producing tasty food and drinks. Don't pass it by!

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Amazing food! steak Trifongo and the chicken stuffed sweet plantains were delicious! My gf and I stumbled upon this place and we loved it! Best PR food we had! it is also a very friendly atmosphere

Reviewed 9 December 2016

I asked one of the local Police Officers where to eat, you know they know, and he said Fefo's. So I had to go try it. Was I glad I did I had a sandwich called the Sansebastion and it was great, I was a little hungry. I think they made there own bread and it was soft in the middle with just a little crunch on the outside. The sandwich had pork, chicken and skirt steak along with lettuce tomato and sauce. The other sandwich I tried had the name San Juan in it but I don't remember it's full name and it was good too.

1  Thank Tony_15_108
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Incredible place... true Puerto Rican place. Good to rest with AC after a long walk. The ceviche was very tasty, definitely recommended!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

We ordered chicken with garlic sauce on plantains and fish. The fish had more breading that fish and the chicken sitting on top the plantain with dough shells where all dough. hard pass, with so many good places to eat in Old San Juan

1  Thank hueyx5