6,936 results
All reviewsla vistacoral loungeacross the streetocean frontcorner roomswim up barpool areachairs and umbrellasresort feeoceanfront roomtour deskbeach staffthe beach is nicecity viewan umbrellagreat resortpartial ocean view
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The Marriott Stellaris Resort has your back!! My wife and I booked Marriott for our annual September Vacation as we normally do each year because of their excellent amenities and service. Unfortunately, we were trapped by Hurricane Irma as American Airlines cancelled our departure flight at the airport at the last minute. We called Marriott, and without hesitation they rebooked our reservations even though they were recommending customers to vacate because of the intensity of the on-coming storm. Their pre-planning efforts to surviving Irma was as professional as could be performed. Days before all exterior windows in the lobby and three stories up on the storms approach side were sealed with metal shutters. All remaining guests (200) were moved to rooms in the center of the complex. As the storms eye approached guests were ushered to the Lobby where a smorgasbord of food was provided plus games and movies to calm fears. When the risk was over guests could return to their rooms. It is worth noting that Condado Police and FEMA used this hotel as their launching pad for city emergencies during the storm.
CUDO'S to Marriott Management again for Risk Management and BOO'S to American Airlines impassionate Gate Crew for telling passengers that "cancellation was not their fault (weather), pick up your luggage on Carousel #3 and that passengers were on their own." ...........For the vacation itself I would recommend hiring FIRST CLASS SOLUTIONS info@limopr.com (Chauffeur Juan Ortiz, US Marine Veteran) as a tour specialist if you want to see portions of the island without the hassle of driving yourself. Slightly expensive, but you see everything and learn everything.... Dine at La Casona Restaurant (A Spanish Mansion converted to a Restaurant (lacasonrest.com)), Their Chef will visit your table. Very romantic with Spanish Music, ask for Hector, Head Waiter and he will give you tour of facility & wine cellar. Their Rack Of Lamb is out of this world.

Room Tip: My wife and I like the Tower, corner room with views of the ocean. Expensive though.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
José G, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Roger M:
Thank You for taking the time to share feedback with us - we appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

What makes a hotel is not the physical building or the amount of high tech gadgets or facilities it has - nowadays there are thousands and thousands of hotels all over the world with similar facilities competing for the same clientele. However what sets a hotel apart or any business for that matter is the people and service rendered.

My family and I booked 3 executive suites for the 3rd week in August, however a few days to arrival I called the hotel to request for 2 queen beds instead of a king and they notified me that all their executive suites only come with a king bed. Being that we were travelling with children, we decided to cancel the reservations. A couple of days later I saw a charge posted to my account for the full price of the stay for each suite. I quickly called the hotel and after a long conversation we discovered that it appeared that only one of the suite reservations cancelled and the other 2 suites had open reservations! I was about to call Marriott to figure out what had gone wrong, but the managed said not to worry that the charges posted to my account will be reversed and the reservations nullified. I was impressed at the level of professionalism at which the manager handled the problem.
Therefore, although I did not physically stay here I am giving them a 5stars for customer service :-) ! well done Marriott !!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
José G, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Travel_Zeee:
Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback with us - customer satisfaction is our number one priority and we are delighted to hear that our staff was able to assist you. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The entire staff is very friendly and helpful.
Especially remember the guys at the entrance, the security person Luis Gonsalez, and the barman Wilfredo.
Really, a great bunch of people.

Went there with 3 "amigos" for a 3 day vacation.

Yes, the hotel was nice also.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
José G, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear mariense:
Thank you for choosing to stay with us - we are happy to hear that you and your 3 "amigos" enjoyed your time at our Resort as well as the service provided by our staff - come back soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

So we were evacuated here from St Thomas all on Marriotts dime. It was an amazing show of dedication to guest safety and customer service. This hotel is beautiful. It looks very modern but the building itself looks a bit old, no biggie. The room is spacious with a very comfortable king bed, LED tv and two patios. The city views are fantastic I was unaware how pretty San Juan was. There are a lot of restaurants and bars very close to this hotel. The beach is accessible from the hotel and there is a decent casino on the grounds too. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan P
José G, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Ryan P:
We are delighted to have you with us and appreciate you taking the time to share comments regarding your stay. We are happy to know that you are enjoying your time at our Resort as well as our convenient Condado Beach location - which as you mentionedin your review is close to many restaurants, bars and shops!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

My family traveled to San Juan in early August for a 7 night vacation. My wife and 3 older teens stayed in 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms were well appointed and the beds very comfortable. Most importantly, the rooms were very clean. The housekeeping staff were friendly and unimposing. The restaurants were lively and the offerings were diverse and food very good. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The front desk was outstanding. When I had an issue with the onsite car rental service, the front desk manager (Ibet Velez) was helpful, understanding, and solution driven. She also sent a surprise snack to our room, which was a nice surprise and unexpected. As a lifetime Gold member, it was one of the best Marriott resorts in which my family has stayed.

The beach was beautiful and well cared for by the grounds staff. Great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for pool view....you'll get a view of the ocean as well!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MCWOn7
José G, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear craigWinnyc:
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent 7 night trip to beautiful Puerto Rico! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to assist you. We value your loyalty to our brand and look forward to seeing you again soon!