“Great environment, bad portions”
Review of Lote 23

Lote 23
Ranked #120 of 1,100 Restaurants in San Juan
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Second time I visit. I really like the environment of this place. It's very cozy and the employees are very humble and nice. Also, they have good music.
On the other hand, the portions are SO little for the price. I paid almost $9.00 this second time (without beverage) and ate like a baby of 8 months (not exaggerating). I was hungry and I get they serve in an ''appetizers' way'', but it was too much. And the food wasn't something ''exotic''. I'm not satisfied with the experience.
Another thing I didn't like was that the tables were sticky. My elbows were trapped, almost felt like I had glue on them. Just nasty.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Without doubt, Lote 23 is the best place to relax after a long day's work. They have food, drinks, music, even movies. The seating is fiesta-style and there's lot of friendly people to meet. I can't believe I haven't come across such an amazing place in a city before!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This place was wonderfully busy on Friday night. It's a great spot to sample a variety of high quality food trucks.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

El Jangiri:
If you are up for trying a different type of food and adventuring foodwise, then this is the place. The Poke Bowls are awesome! Their crew is very charming and they do care about what the clients want and think. Very friendly. One thing would be that the portions should be a bit bigger for the price because it leaves you wanting more of those Poke Bowls

Bayard:
It’s hand-cut fries with different awesome sauce. It is not for having a full lunch but the papas con chorizo are really good with the curry ketchup.

La Alcapurria Quemá:
Really living up for their name. The tostones where overcooked and they need to change the oil from the deep fryer already. The Ropa Vieja with arroz con habichuelas where good thought. Overpriced too.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The pizza place I can’t remember the name of but we ate here twice on our visit this time.Great place to try different foods and sit outdoors.All the vendors are very nice and explain the food.Also tried croquette stand it was to die for.They also give you dipping sauces for them.A good time to go is at lunch