Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
WIOL.com
Hotels.com
13,960 results
All reviews gold club don pablo jerk chicken the grill a la carte restaurants main buffet beach restaurant snack bar nude beach dolce vita japanese restaurant beautiful resort air transat wedding gazebo negative reviews air canada ocho rios
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2021

I travel all over and the service at this hotel is poor in every aspect. You pay for what they want to provide not what is advertised. I’m on day 2 of my week trip and this place sucks. No hot tubs, swim up bar, got to call to get room made up, elevators broken so to get to your room it’s the steps or wait for 1 working elevator. You make reservations for only 1 restaurant open and they confirm via email but when you get there the restaurant does not have you listed so either 1 hr. Wait or find something elsewhere. I’m not even picky and could only imagine what a snob or picky person would think. I may call my visa in the AM and stop payment it’s just not a vacation at all more like a stressful headache every step so far, Go elsewhere even if they offered it for free, I would not spend 1 night here again. They just don’t. care at all, piss poor..

Room tip: Go elsewhere
4  Thank Lionfish7932
Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2021

Dear Guest,
We apologies for your expectations not being met at this time, it certainly does not reflect the commitment and the quality that we have exhibited for many years.
Please, do not hesitate to contact the Guest Service in anything you may need and they will be more than happy to assist you.
Our staff always tries to give the best possible experience to the guests, and we give the proper follow up to all the requests and necessities during the stay of our customers.
Sending you our warmest regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2021

The Front dest staff several was amazing. The Life guard Damian Green was amazing the entire stay he was extremely helpful and friendly. If you go there make sure you ask for Damian. Cons: The buffet food was nasty. The property was beautiful.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to send your valuable comments about your stay with us as it helps to maintain the quality at the hotel.
All your observations have been forwarded to the Management of the resort as the guest’s satisfaction is our priority and rest assured we will be constantly striving for excellence in our services.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2021

Currently here but wanted to post this before going home. We were extremely nervous about going due to covid. Pros:Our arrival at the hotel was smooth and we were checked in fairly fast. The hotel is very clean. The staff did excellent job cleaning the rooms daily. The resort is obsolutly beautiful. The pool area and the beach area is very clean and everything and everyone is always sanitized. Make sure to come and say Hi to chef Wow at the buffet he loves taking pictures. The entertainment guy Kong Fu Panda is so awesome. Every time he saw my 6 year old son he would call his name and say hi. He made evenings a lot of fun with playing games and dance parties. Everyone is always so friendly. Cons: food was not great. A lot of the dishes were repeated daily so it got tiring. Over all we had a very good relaxing time. The free WiFi works but not at the beach and certain parts of the hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NyTanfan
Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Dear Guest,
Thank you for enjoying your time at our resort and sharing your positive comments about the service, the staff, and our facilities.
We also appreciate your acknowledgment of our team who has been of great service during your stay at our resort and we are eager to inform you that all the staff mentioned has already received your congratulations.
We hope you will visit us again and we will do our utmost to accommodate your needs and make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 April 2021

I loved the layout of my room with the king size bed and waking up to see the wonderful sunshine above the sea. The Manager Mr. Castell Rolle and employee Nyoka Harvey were very pleasant and offered me excellent customer service. The manager monitored his employees closely to ensure the guess request were taken care of in a timely manner. The other workers were also pleasant and the entire property was cleaned throughout the day. The food was excellent. Jamaican food was part of the menu. Covid Testing was offed on the site before your departure and everyone wore their mask and obeyed the social distancing rule. Transportation in a spacious bus was available from and to the hotel for around $25 USA. Live entertainment was offered day and night and a wonderful selection of music was played. I had a little issue with my bath tub and once I called customer service they can quickly to resolve the problem. The Spa was so relaxing and the message felt so good. I enjoyed my workout at the gym. It felt so relaxing walking around the poolside in the evening. I cannot wait for my next visit.

Room tip: My room was on the 5th floor (room 21506) and I enjoy beautiful scene from my balcony.
Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank andrea1youngmiller

Dear Guest,
We also appreciate your acknowledgment of Mr. Castell Rolle and Nyoka Harvey who has been of great service during your stay at our resort and we are eager to inform you that all the staff mentioned has already received your congratulations.

Reviewed 2 April 2021

This was my second trip to the resort. First being back in 2019 on the Luxury side that was closed this time around. My family and I stayed at the resort for 15 days in March, 2021. I can not say enough about how perfect our stay went. First and foremost, I made some special requests of adjoining rooms for my family of 4 with specific beds and then also requested an additional room in close proximity as the other two because I had additional family joining us for the second half of the trip. I realize that requests are based upon availability, but the resort gave us exactly what we wanted and it worked out perfectly.

The check in process with Latoya was smooth and easy and the staff at the reception desk were welcoming and pleasant. The bell man assisted with taking all of our bags to our rooms.

The resort was clean and grounds were beautiful. There was hand sanitizer available everywhere (next to the elevators, pools, lobby, bars, and restaurants) and temperatures were taken prior to entering any dining room.

The buffets were somewhat limited, but this was expected due to low occupancy of the resort during the pandemic. That being said, there was enough selection to not get bored about some of the redundancy of the buffets.

Our housekeeper (Viviena) kept our rooms in immaculate shape which gave us the feeling of being just at home for the entire two weeks. My kids absolutely loved the little towel figurines she made on the beds every day. Believe it or not, over two weeks and she never repeated one. That was fun!

The entertainment staff were absolutely wonderful as well. Kimani, Andre, Kevin, Javal, the Panda, and the DJ's had several games throughout the day that encouraged people to have fun and participate, and the evening activities were fun.

The bartenders around the pool absolutely worked their butts off. Jerome, Antonio, Garrick, Marcia and the others were always doing laps around the pool area taking drink orders and delivering drinks.

The chefs, buffet staff/servers, and waiters also did a phenomenal job and I never felt anything was unsafe or unclean in the dining areas. Shelly Ann and Athena took every good care of my family several times in the buffet dining area as did Javin at the late night buffet. Moralist took very good care of us in the Don Pablo as did Moralist.

Finally, Remar, one of the beach side lifeguards, was extremely pleasant and welcoming and made my kids feel safe and at home, trying to teach them some of the local language.

The WIFI signal could be improved and the elevator we used could use some repairs but really those are the only things I can say could use some improvement.

Hats off Bahia Principe, I'll be back soon!!

Date of stay: March 2021
Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, Other at Bahia Principe Grand Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2021

Dear Guest,
Thank you for enjoying your time at our resort and sharing your positive comments about the service, the staff, and the facilities.
We also appreciate your acknowledgment of our team who were of great service during your stay at our resort and we are eager to inform you that all the staff mentioned has already received your congratulations.