“Outstanding vacation property!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Master Bedroom
Ensuite to master bedroom with jacuzzi bathtub
Twin bedroom
Games room / Living room
Living room
Living room
Wet room/ shower room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jennifer...
“WORST STAY EVER!!”
Reviewed 8 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

My family and I arrived on December 30th 2016 for my mother's 60th birthday. This was my families first time out of the country and was supposed to be a very special vacation however it was a nightmare! First off we weren't greeted at all by Sharon the cook or the service guy Michael. When we arrived we had to ask them who they were and had no idea that Michael actually lived in the basement area but that's our fault for not reading everything closely. With that being said if you want privacy this house is not for you. We had no hot water literally until the 4th day we were there! The only reason we waited for it was because they kept saying it was fixed but wasn't. After the 3rd day I decided to look elsewhere for a place however the owner only wanted to give us a credit of $150 for the loss of hot water for all those days! Mind you it was new years eve and new years day and we missed out on doing things because we were not going to take a shower with cold water. We ended up having to stay after water got fixed because the hotels were way to expensive and since we couldn't get fully refunded we had no choice to stay. The cook Sharon we actually hired to cook for 3 days and also she was supposed to get groceries for us to cook the 2nd day we arrived didn't happen. The store she has to go to is ridiculously expensive and she couldn't get everything we requested and ended up having to go to the stores ourselves and decided Sharon was not needed. The owner ended up flying from the UK 2 days before we arrived and was at the property daily so again no privacy! There was also false advertisement with stating there was TV's in all bedrooms and there wasn't any and no DVD player or any movies along with hardly any channels to watch at all with the cable company they have. There also was not a air conditioner in the downstairs bedroom as stated. Keisha who we booked with was very difficult to get ahold of when all of this happened and only wanted to communicate by email but she was 5 hours ahead of Jamaica time and her emails weren't timely but I asked her to call me a few times but wouldn't. With all this being said it's best to stay in a resort going to Jamaica. My husband and I have been to Jamaica before and were treated wonderful by staff when we arrived and the whole time we were at our resort however with this home it's definitely not the place to stay and I'm saddened my mother's birthday was ruined!

Date of stay: January 2017
Management Response
19 Jan 2017
There was indeed a temporary hot water issue during this guest's stay. It was not the case that they did not have any hot water at all. And not only was the issue resolved, but the guests were compensated hundreds of dollar for the issue ($500 USD and not $150 as stated). It is clear from other reviews that this type of issue with hot water is not a regular occurrence.
I was actually the one that suggested to the guests that if they wanted to move to another property, that I would be happy to refund the days not spent at the property due to early departure. The reason they did not move is because they wanted me to pay for them to move to a hotel which was triple the price, which is hardly fair, them expecting us to pay for a property that is not of the same accommodation type. They could have certainly afforded to move to another villa property with the refund amount offered for early check-out.
Food prices in Jamaica are not going to be the same as in the USA. And the types of food that these guests requested from the store, were items that are imported into Jamaica, so understandably these carry a higher cost.
All correspondence with the guest was dealt with in a timely manner, despite the time difference of me being in the UK. The guests asked me to respond to them by a certain time and I did. However, because they proceeded to send further emails at the equivalent of 2am in the morning in the UK on matters that I had already addressed in the time frame that they gave me, is why they are stating that they had untimely responses. I dealt with the lead guest on email for months leading up to their arrival, answering numerous emails per day. In addition, the owner went to speak to the guests directly to resolve their issues. They had constant contact with/ access to us.
And on the point about the staff, they did greet the guests on arrival and were greeted with no response in return. As you will see from previous reviews, we have had no complaints about staff, most guests actually give them a special mention in their reviews.
I totally agree that these guests would have been better off staying in a resort hotel.
JCAM2222
Hamilton, Canada
“Outstanding vacation property!”
Reviewed 3 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Loved our vacation at OlCam Lodge. Sharon and Michael took great care of us. They were caring and thoughtful, ensured that we had all that we needed when we were there and that our safety was always a priority. Sharon helped us with getting groceries in Ochos Rios which was great fun and then cooked fabulous meals for us throughout our stay. We loved that she took the time to bring in different fruits for us to try and taught us a lot about Jamaican cooking and every day life on the island. Alton was our driver for our airport transfer and also on two excursions. He was great as well and shared really good information about the country and the area we were visiting. The house itself was comfortable, very clean, and well equipped. There was tons of room for the 8 of us (teenagers and young adults travelling with us) and we enjoyed the lovely big pool, the hot tub, and the games room with the pool table. The house backs onto the golf course and the view from the veranda is lovely any time of day. The walk to the beach was not too far, but it's uphill on the way back so you need to be in reasonably good shape to do it. The access to the private beach is good. The beach was quiet and clean and there was always a security guard on duty. Chairs were available for rent or there are permanent tables in the shade for use for free. Booking with Keisha was very easy and she was responsive to my many questions before we arrived. Overall, a very positive experience and i highly recommend

Date of stay: February 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: lovely spot with lots of space for everyone
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Large groups
Beverley...
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 5 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

We had the most amazing week at the villa - a truly magnificent setting, picturesque and luxurious. Sharon is a wonderful host - professional and cooks like a dream! She and her team typify the very best of Jamaican hospitality and culture.

Date of stay: November 2014
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Tony W
“I Wish We Did Not Have To Leave”
Reviewed 23 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

My family stayed at the Olcam Lodge for a week, it was odd because we were coming from different parts of the globe and all meeting there, the driver was on time at getting everyone from the airport and his knowledge of the island was so wonderful, he was able to take us wherever we wanted whenever we wanted. The entire staff was absolutely amazing, Sharon's food was so good that we would rush back home just to see what she had prepared. The amenities were so numerous that we did not get to use them all, we were able to swim all we wanted, walk on the private path to the beach, go into Ocho Rios and shop, relax on the balcony and have a cocktail, it was the ultimate getaway with tranquility and great fun. I would tell any and everyone to go to this property and relax and unwind and experience Jamaica with style. I can't wait for us to go back.

Date of stay: October 2014
How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the staff
Liked least: that we had to leave
Travelling group: Extended Family

Date of stay: March 2013
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.