3,097 results
All reviews plunge pool egg boy laser tag kids club water park is kids camp the grill platinum restaurant stacy ann family vacation jade samurai pizza place swim up bar arts and crafts coral cafe life guards feed the fish
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I loved the beach, my room and the service. The children's activities and pool area are very cool. The property is huge and very well maintained. A bit harsh on smoking....my only negative about this resort. Food was pretty good and entertainment was just okay.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Sue F
rasbrat, General Manager at Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Sue,
thank you for you comments and staying with us at Jewel Runaway Bay. The smoking policy comes from the Laws of Jamaica.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

21st time in Jamaica, and I can't count how many times at JRB!! My husband and I married here 6 months ago and well it just gets better and better! It really has THEE best beach that I have seen so far in Jamaica. Food is still awesome! Rooms are great! Water park is so nice as it has been since it's opened. To keep it short and sweet....BOOK IT!!!! Mr. Robbins, thank you once again, too bad we didn't get a chance to see you this trip, but hope all is well!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JandJ0504

Hey Jan, Thank you so much again. I too am sorry I missed you guys. I have been running back and forth to and from Jewel Paradise Cove but it should soon settle down.
thanks again and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Our family vacationed at Jewel Runaway Bay from Oct. 30 to Nov. 4th 2017. The entire family had an amazing experience. Staff were very friendly and attentive. The kids club (Zoe, Keke, Stacey-Ann stood out) went above and beyond as well as our Concierge for the Beach Rendezvous package, Raymond. Our stay was over Halloween, the resort put together an amazing trick-o-treat adventure for the kids that was quite fun for the parents accompanying them as well! We had been worried about missing Halloween here but instead got one of our favourite trick-o-treat memories and at 30°C, being from Ontario, made it even more special. With our Beach Rendezvous package we had a beach cabana throughout the day and in the evening my husband and I sent the girls to kids club while he and I enjoyed a five course dinner on the beach. Raymond went above and beyond to take care of us for the evening and made it extra special. The water park was a never ending source of joy for the children and the layout was very convenient for us with a three year old and a nine year old. Both had lots of age appropriate activities which make a lovely vacation for Mom and Dad.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Catherine,
Thank you so much. That is exactly what I wanted to hear about our Halloween at Jewel Runaway Bay. I wanted it better than at home. We hope you return soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in the last week of October. We booked through Tui but contacted the hotel direct for an upgrade and got a great price for the ocean view butler room with splash pool, the transport from the airport could be organised better and upon arrival at the hotel we checked in but a group on Americans arrived just before us so it was hectic to say the least at reception, but after 20 minutes of waiting we were told to take a seat and out butler would be with us shortly, he took care of our bags and gave us a tour of the hotel before being shown our room 1030, the room was very spacious, and the hotel had set the room up as requested with 2 beds set up in the lounge for the kids, the minibar was filled daily and as we had the best room in our he hotel in our view it was stocked with wine, champagne, beer and soft drinks more than enough for our needs, with branded spxxirits available as well, the beds we comfortable and big, the views were fantastic fro the balcony and from our balcony pool over looking the room, we had a great time we used the infinity pool and the water park which the kids loved, the life guards were great very polite and always made us welcome and did their job. The restaurants were good, the service there could be hit or miss in a he buffet restaurant, special mention to Ivan the smoothie maker very friendly and a credit to the hotel, the speciality restaurants were good, but on two occasions the kids food was served cold but after mentioning this, they replaced it with a fresh plate of hot food, the butlers Miguel and Himartro ( apologies for the spelling ) was brilliant a credit to the hotel they always went the extra mile, I hope when I return they are still there as other hotels would poach these guys if they had a chance. Sophia our house maid was good always had a different design on the kids beds made out of towels, the entertainment was not the best I’ve seen and I would have preferred a kids disco in the main entertainment area with kids dances not in the hotel disco with tunes being played so the adults could get involved as well with a club dance
Mosquitoes were a slight problem but we are in the Caribbean just remember your repellent,
Being an owner of a travel agency I would recommend this hotel to my clients, as a great hotel to chill and relax and use the facilities, as it’s not huge and has a personal touch to it unlike you mass tourism hotels down the road.
Message for Scott I tried numerous times to meet up with you and made a few appointments with reception but unfortunately never got to meet you over the 7 days I was there, but I was given you business card and will be in touch regarding future bookings,
The hotel is due a refurb but have been told that this won’t happen till late next year so I have no worries sending guests there but I will advise that what work is planned is major but it will make the hotel even better and possible one of the best on the north coast, but until then it’s a great hotel
I will return and I will recommend this hotel and thanks for a great vacation

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank NIKIBZ

Dear Nikibz,
thank you so much for staying with us at Jewel Runaway Bay. I am sorry that I was not able to link up with you. It has been busy lately in that now I am over both Jewel Runaway Bay and Jewel Paradise Cove so I feel like a yo yo. I should be able to get into a routine soon. Thank you for your kind words and future business.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Loved my stay here... the entertainment staff is simply amazing and have become our friends... it was so hard to say goodbye!! Everyone made our stay so perfect..

The beach is just perfection!!! It's on a coral reef so you can snorkel and see thousands of fish!! It's so amazing :) would recommend to anyone!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Samcappo
rasbrat, General Manager at Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Samcappo,
thank you for staying with us at jewel runaway bay. Please come back soon.