US$625
US$296
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$388
BahiaPrincipe
  • Breakfast included
Club Ambiance(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Cardiff Hotel & Spa(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$143
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
US$661
US$636
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica(Runaway Bay)(Great Value!)
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnanny servicevacation nannyarts and craftsadult activitieskids buffetthe grillkids clubextra setwonderful nannybig water slidetwo bedroom suitebring whiteglass bottom boatteen coordinatorkids centertie dyetrue vacation
Reviewed 25 February 2016

we spent 12 nights at FDR with our 10-mo-old and throughout our time there i kept getting struck by the thought that FDR was truly the perfect family experience. everything the do, everything about them -- even some of the things that you see as complaints in other reviews -- is actually just right when you are traveling as a family.

our nanny, like everyone says, was great. our kid started off a bit iffy when he first met her, but by the second day he would light up when she came to get him each morning.

but on top of and more importantly than the quality of they nanny herself, the nanny system is a massive benefit to traveling families. during the day we were able to relax or hang out with our son as we saw fit, so we could strike whatever balance we wanted. when we had an excursion that went over the lunch hour, our nanny was flexible with us and we made it work. when we wanted to get an adult dinner or do a night cruise to the luminous lagoon, our nanny was totally flexible and worked around our time. it just could not have been better.

the facilities are a bit dated. sort of a 90s flash back. and when we first got the tour i was, frankly, a bit disappointed. it seemed small and a bit old.

but small is good. need an emergency diaper? easy to run back to your room. need to find your nanny? easy to search out the grounds. the beach is small, but it was never full and, from a family-focused perspective, need to make sure your kid hasn't wandered dangerously into the ocean? it's easy to check.

for our 12 night stay, the place was big enough for us to not be bored or feel crowded. there was always an open hammock or beach chair. and the smallness, otherwise, felt like a huge benefit for families.

it is a bit dated, that's just true. but based on our searches, even the more 'luxury' resorts are a bit dated (compared to a remodeled marriott in the us). and it was nice enough to not be an issue. we had a really nice shower and a comfortable bed -- more comfortable than we expected. we're kinda bed snobs. everything was clean and comfortable. and in the end we really had zero complaints about it.

my wife and i had a fantastic time. both as adults going on excursions or reading not he beach. but also as a family. and my son had a blast too. we will definitely be back as our family grows.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Nema H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

My family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids, ages 9 and 11) had a wonderful 6 night vacation at FDR this February. The staff is warm and accommodating. Our nanny Shanique was lovely and our kids really bonded to her. They loved the water slide, pool, snorkeling, night time activities like capture the flag and the independence they felt from being able to order their own food, get snacks during the day and their beloved smoothies! We loved the combination of family, alone and couple time, top shelf bar, tasty food and the unbelievable room upgrade when we arrived. We never had a problem with hot water or water pressure as mentioned in previous reviews. For someone with back problems I found the bed incredibly comfortable. The massage therapists were fantastic and I loved the spa location right on the water where the sound of the ocean is real and not just a recording! Beautiful!
My only recommendations would be to get more modern cardio equipment for the gym, have the water aerobics guy vary his routine for those of us who love our daily water aerobics, charge less for the sunblock guests are bound to run out of and have room issues fixed when promised-our a/c leaked the entire trip, (after not working at all the first couple of days which was remedied) & every day we were told someone would come by to fix the leak and no one did. But we put some towels down and no big deal, we weren't hanging out in the room anyway and they gave us a gift basket as an apology on our last day which was thoughtful.
Special shout out to the pool drink servers, always with a gracious smile and to Ricardo at the grill, great personality and such a hard worker!
Thanks FDR, we'd love to come back!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 February 2016

We stayed here primarily because each family is provided with a nanny and other reviewers stated the nannys were GREAT. Let me tell you, they weren't lying; we LOVED our nanny, Garcia. I noticed some nannies are very high energy & some are very low key. If you have a preference, just let them know at the front desk so they can match you up with what works best for you & your kids. We left our kids (2 1/2 & 8 months) all day with the nanny and didn't worry for a second. YAY for adult time!

There are LOTS of kids activities. Indoor & outdoor playgrounds. Our 2 yr old made a craft item everyday. There's also tye-dye everyday; we didn't know to bring our own clothing to tye-dye. But they do sell white t-shirts in the gift shop.

Lots of adult activities--but mostly outdoor stuff (only mention bc it rained 2 days)

Because of the accommodation policy we had to get a large suite--it was way too big for us. Our kids sleep with us so their beds went mostly unused. But they require a bed for each person, something to keep in mind. Our 2 bedrm/2 bathrm suite was 2 story, had built in baby gates, & a full kitchen.

The beach on FDR is small but the hotel next door shares their beach--it's huge & shallow & clear & lovely.

Airport transportation is included, but it's slow. Once we were on the bus at the airport and it finally was on the way, it was 2 hours to the resort.

The food is GREAT! Some people say it's not healthy enough but every meal (even breakfast) has grilled or baked veggies, grilled fish; and the jerk chicken served 11 am till 10 pm is grilled.

We LOVED that all-inclusive really meant all-inclusive. We weren't afraid to eat the snacks in the room, or order top shelf drinks or join in activities.

Cons: The hot tub was out of order & took 2+ days to fix. Free Wifi is very slow.
Location: FDR provides transportation into Ocho Rios for shopping. There's golf course really close-by. That's about it.

This resort is not luxurious, but it is still A++

Room Tip: The beach is very small, so the beach-facing rooms aren't that great
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed 28 January 2016

My family did not actually ever make it to FDR but I still wanted to write a quick note to say that when we had to cancel our trip there because of the Zika virus and my wife's pregnancy status they immediately gave us a full refund with no questions asked. THANK YOU. Very professional.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
18  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

My family & I just got back from a 3 days- 2 nites stay & I must say it was beyond our expectations! Upon arrival we were greeted by Janique the receptionist who made us feel at home in less than 2 seconds. Then Nicole came by -- she was our assigned nanny- I have a 4 yr old. She also showed us to our room. At first I was a bit skeptical abt a nanny but wen Nicole had her she totally forgot abt me lol. She was the most interactive nanny I saw there& always had a smile. She fed the turtles & the bunnies, also did some art work & made a chain.
The food was good & the options were much available- jerk chicken was a bit cold but hey it's food. The grounds were well kept & area for the kids were definitely filled with toys & everything to keep them occupied. Pools were clean & slides were safe.
We got to dinner late but the dining room staff still had a smile. We were the only family dining at the time & the workers still kept busy-- good job! Our waiter was Ranjay-- kept us laughing & ensured we were comfortable & enjoying our food.
Tameka- the coordinator is a hell of a joker! She goes out & beyond to make sure u are having fun & she's always laughing. I got to my birthday dinner later than the time I gave & She made sure the pianist waited on me then sang happy birthday wen I got my cake -- even though it was just my family & I were dining.
Latoya-- the bartender always has a smile & She filled ur request in no time.
I can proudly say FDR has the best staff-- customer service at its best. EVERYONE SHOULD EXPERIENCE THIS PLACE :)

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family