The location and layout of the villa on Runaway Bay was great. Beautiful, well manicured grounds that were lovingly attended to every day by groundsman Wilson. There is nothing we can complain about. Meals were tasty, well balanced and beautifully presented. Loved that they were authentic Jamaican. Each day we looked forward in eager anticipation to see what was on the menu. Erica's help in organising the tours to the exciting and adventure filled Blue Hole, Dunn's River Falls and many other sights; the wonderful attention of the staff, not to mention our driver Donovan - such a gentleman and informative tour guide. The rooms were comfortable and private enough. Many thanks to our wonderful hosts Erica and Wayne. All made it a truly memorable vacation.
Party of nine saddened that our vacation is coming to an end.
We enjoyed tremendously the full service offered by the staff and management of Sunspot Villa. The meals along with freshly made fruit and vegetables are flavorful and amazing. We recommend taking the meal plan.... we are always excited and pleased to see what is served for breakfast, lunch and dinner and some of us are exposed to new tasting foods. The smoothies taste awesome.
We went on several day trips while staying here and the villa coordinator always has food/snacks packed for our road trips so you are never hungry.
Each room is equipped with a safe,t.v.,ceiling fans,air condition,comfortable mattresses covered with bamboo sheets, modern style washrooms with rain showers and granite countertops.
The view of the ocean and the sounds of the waves breaking are so relaxing and breathtaking.
We are spoiled from this lifestyle the villa has offered us for the week that we are here and will definitely make this our Jamaican vacation spot.
Exquisitely maintained gardens, private accommodations, on an amazing stretch of white sandy beach, inviting you to relax, breathe, drink in the sea air, and the local colour. Our meals were lovingly prepared and served to us in a formal dining room, or al frescoe on the veranda next to the pool. While on the beach, the staff served us delicious fresh, local, organic juices. It was truly an enriching experience for our entire family!
We were welcomed with the up most respect and friendliest. I loved the villa
located walking distance from the beach. the staff was amazing , food was good
and the rooms where were clean and nice. would definitely go back again
I booked Sun Spot Villa with intentions of uniting my family, here in the states along with family that resides on the island of Jamaica. We arrived with excitement and anticipation as to what the week would hold. The chef, housekeeper, and groundskeeper were all a delight as they ensured we had a superb stay. The property is in a great location, with only a few neighbors, and right on the beach. However, the property manager was an absolute nightmare to deal with honestly. There is plenty written below, and it's only a snapshot.
- I have NEVER stayed at a villa that I've rented for a week and it's a requirement that my personal guest that would like to visit - even for an hour- would be required to pay an additional fee. I was told that, "[they] are a luxury property and that having your own guest freely visit is not how they do things. [They've] done it in the past and things go missing..." This is insulting and that's the purpose of a security deposit.
- I have also never been to a property that I have rented and the manager stays on site, and on top of that sees it fit to have their own guest for ANY period of time...especially when I was restricted from having guest.
- A number of items listed such as amenities, room layouts, etc. are listed inaccurately on various platforms that this property is listed on.
- One of the guest in our party found drugs in her safe upon our arrival, and reported this to the manager, simply to have it removed. Instead of a simple apology for the inconvenience, the guest felt as though the manager was implying that she placed it there.
- We understood that the manager was TRYING to provide luxury service by ensuring the staff was available to serve us; however, this often turned into us being forced to create what we felt was a tight schedule on our vacation. Even though sometimes we made it clear that we didn't know what out exact plans were, she was extremely persistent about timelines/schedules.
- Sun Spot was required to provide us with an airport transfer. With a family of 12 adults and an infant, the manager provided us with an 11 passenger van, and due to flight schedules one of the guest in our party was forced to ride to the airport sitting on the floor. I'm not sure where the luxury in that is.
- The manager doesn't have a nice attitude, doesn't know how to speak to people, and isn't approachable. I felt absolutely uncomfortable in a space that was supposed to be mine for a week. Unfortunately, for me, this was one of the most stressful vacations I have ever been on, and I usually take about 2 per year. I honestly, feel like I need a vacation from this vacation.