Exquisitely maintained gardens, private accommodations, on an amazing stretch of white sandy beach, inviting you to relax, breathe, drink in the sea air, and the local colour. Our meals were lovingly prepared and served to us in a formal dining room, or al frescoe on the veranda next to the pool. While on the beach, the staff served us delicious fresh, local, organic juices. It was truly an enriching experience for our entire family!
We were welcomed with the up most respect and friendliest. I loved the villa
located walking distance from the beach. the staff was amazing , food was good
and the rooms where were clean and nice. would definitely go back again
I booked Sun Spot Villa with intentions of uniting my family, here in the states along with family that resides on the island of Jamaica. We arrived with excitement and anticipation as to what the week would hold. The chef, housekeeper, and groundskeeper were all a delight as they ensured we had a superb stay. The property is in a great location, with only a few neighbors, and right on the beach. However, the property manager was an absolute nightmare to deal with honestly. There is plenty written below, and it's only a snapshot.
- I have NEVER stayed at a villa that I've rented for a week and it's a requirement that my personal guest that would like to visit - even for an hour- would be required to pay an additional fee. I was told that, "[they] are a luxury property and that having your own guest freely visit is not how they do things. [They've] done it in the past and things go missing..." This is insulting and that's the purpose of a security deposit.
- I have also never been to a property that I have rented and the manager stays on site, and on top of that sees it fit to have their own guest for ANY period of time...especially when I was restricted from having guest.
- A number of items listed such as amenities, room layouts, etc. are listed inaccurately on various platforms that this property is listed on.
- One of the guest in our party found drugs in her safe upon our arrival, and reported this to the manager, simply to have it removed. Instead of a simple apology for the inconvenience, the guest felt as though the manager was implying that she placed it there.
- We understood that the manager was TRYING to provide luxury service by ensuring the staff was available to serve us; however, this often turned into us being forced to create what we felt was a tight schedule on our vacation. Even though sometimes we made it clear that we didn't know what out exact plans were, she was extremely persistent about timelines/schedules.
- Sun Spot was required to provide us with an airport transfer. With a family of 12 adults and an infant, the manager provided us with an 11 passenger van, and due to flight schedules one of the guest in our party was forced to ride to the airport sitting on the floor. I'm not sure where the luxury in that is.
- The manager doesn't have a nice attitude, doesn't know how to speak to people, and isn't approachable. I felt absolutely uncomfortable in a space that was supposed to be mine for a week. Unfortunately, for me, this was one of the most stressful vacations I have ever been on, and I usually take about 2 per year. I honestly, feel like I need a vacation from this vacation.
Our family resided at Sunspot villa during Christmas week of 2018. The villa has perfect privacy with access to the beach. The staff was very polite and catered to our needs as requested. The home cooked meals were delicious which included fresh juice daily. The rooms, home and grounds were extremely clean. However, this was the first time I have visited a villa where the property manager stays on the property. I am very disappointed with the interaction between our family and the property manager. First, when we asked for the staff to be allowed to go home due to our family being out for majority of the day. She refused to let them leave until we returned to the villa around 7pm to have dinner. Second, when we wanted guests to visit us at the villa she stated that each person would have to pay a fee to visit for a couple of hours. On the other hand, I did notice that the property manager did have a guest at the villa that made some of our family members uncomfortable because we were unaware who the person was. Lastly, I got the impression that the staff was terrified of the property manager and probably treated poorly. Due to our experience with the property manager we most likely will not stay at this villa again.
Spent 4 days, we were a family group of 12.
The house, the layout, pool , garden and beach, all wonderful. Plus the marvelous service from the staff. Don’t think twice!