We were welcomed with the up most respect and friendliest. I loved the villa
located walking distance from the beach. the staff was amazing , food was good
and the rooms where were clean and nice. would definitely go back again
I booked Sun Spot Villa with intentions of uniting my family, here in the states along with family that resides on the island of Jamaica. We arrived with excitement and anticipation as to what the week would hold. The chef, housekeeper, and groundskeeper were all a delight as they ensured we had a superb stay. The property is in a great location, with only a few neighbors, and right on the beach. However, the property manager was an absolute nightmare to deal with honestly. There is plenty written below, and it's only a snapshot.
- I have NEVER stayed at a villa that I've rented for a week and it's a requirement that my personal guest that would like to visit - even for an hour- would be required to pay an additional fee. I was told that, "[they] are a luxury property and that having your own guest freely visit is not how they do things. [They've] done it in the past and things go missing..." This is insulting and that's the purpose of a security deposit.
- I have also never been to a property that I have rented and the manager stays on site, and on top of that sees it fit to have their own guest for ANY period of time...especially when I was restricted from having guest.
- A number of items listed such as amenities, room layouts, etc. are listed inaccurately on various platforms that this property is listed on.
- One of the guest in our party found drugs in her safe upon our arrival, and reported this to the manager, simply to have it removed. Instead of a simple apology for the inconvenience, the guest felt as though the manager was implying that she placed it there.
- We understood that the manager was TRYING to provide luxury service by ensuring the staff was available to serve us; however, this often turned into us being forced to create what we felt was a tight schedule on our vacation. Even though sometimes we made it clear that we didn't know what out exact plans were, she was extremely persistent about timelines/schedules.
- Sun Spot was required to provide us with an airport transfer. With a family of 12 adults and an infant, the manager provided us with an 11 passenger van, and due to flight schedules one of the guest in our party was forced to ride to the airport sitting on the floor. I'm not sure where the luxury in that is.
- The manager doesn't have a nice attitude, doesn't know how to speak to people, and isn't approachable. I felt absolutely uncomfortable in a space that was supposed to be mine for a week. Unfortunately, for me, this was one of the most stressful vacations I have ever been on, and I usually take about 2 per year. I honestly, feel like I need a vacation from this vacation.
Our family resided at Sunspot villa during Christmas week of 2018. The villa has perfect privacy with access to the beach. The staff was very polite and catered to our needs as requested. The home cooked meals were delicious which included fresh juice daily. The rooms, home and grounds were extremely clean. However, this was the first time I have visited a villa where the property manager stays on the property. I am very disappointed with the interaction between our family and the property manager. First, when we asked for the staff to be allowed to go home due to our family being out for majority of the day. She refused to let them leave until we returned to the villa around 7pm to have dinner. Second, when we wanted guests to visit us at the villa she stated that each person would have to pay a fee to visit for a couple of hours. On the other hand, I did notice that the property manager did have a guest at the villa that made some of our family members uncomfortable because we were unaware who the person was. Lastly, I got the impression that the staff was terrified of the property manager and probably treated poorly. Due to our experience with the property manager we most likely will not stay at this villa again.
Spent 4 days, we were a family group of 12.
The house, the layout, pool , garden and beach, all wonderful. Plus the marvelous service from the staff. Don’t think twice!
From the moment we arrived at the airport we knew our vacation had begun. We were met by two Sunspot Villa representatives who warmly welcomed us to the island. They loaded our luggage carefully and assisted us into a very clean transport.
The drive to the villa (approx. 50 mins) was filled with lush scenery to the right and ocean coastline to our left. As the villa’s gate opened, we noticed the well-manicured lawn and landscaping. As we entered the villa we were met by the staff who offered a refreshing drink as they introduced themselves to us.
The villa is simply scenic with modern décor. High ceilings and lots of natural sunlight. The bedrooms rooms are large and bathrooms are equipped with modern fashionable faucets, glass shower stalls and granite vanities. More up to date than any 4+ star hotel. The hot water is instant and water pressure is strong. The villa is spotless even the window shutters do not have dust on them.
As we settled in, we explored the picturesque back lawn (simply paradise) with great size pool and, once more, well maintained landscaping with mango, apple and almond trees and a large variety of tropical flowers for your eyes to enjoy. There’s plenty of pool chairs around to pool and even bistro sets to enjoy a refreshment and book not far from the pool. Finally we made our way to the ocean. This was not difficult as all we had to do was open the back lawn gate and walk out. The sand is like powder and clean. The ocean water was crystal clear and calm.
We recommend the Sunspot Villa meal plan. Originally, we elected to go shopping for food but quickly found out how expensive it would be for the week. The Villa Coordinator was kind enough to adjust billing to include the meal plan at the last minute. Having personally witness the unexpected/additional running around the Villa Coordinator had to do to accommodate this change….I would strongly recommend that you sign up for the meal plan when you book!!
The Villa’s meals are delectable. Breakfast included fresh fruit, traditional porridge, plantain, eggs, etc. And for lunch and dinner, the mouth-watering meals included various recipes for chicken, beef, goat, fish, oxtail (the best) always served with rice and vegetable dishes. We wouldn’t have had the same meal twice had we not requested oxtail dinner again...Sunspot Villa crew can cook!!
So much to do, if you wish. Runaway Bay golf course is a 2 minute walk. Great course it offers 400 and 500+ yard holes….definitely not a Par 3 course. River rafting is a short drive from the villa. So relaxing. The Villa has a variety of board games too for evening family fun. At night, we often enjoyed just sitting under the gazebo and listening to the ocean waves and sometimes the light show in the clouds.
Wi-Fi coverage is great throughout the villa. We only experienced signal degradation on the beach but we had no need for Wi-Fi there with the ocean to enjoy.
In summary, often after a few days away from our home we have a desire to go home…not this time. Thank you so much to everyone at Sunspot Villa for your gracious hospitality and warmth.
We’ll soon return!!