All reviews plunge pool supper club private beach outdoor bath private cinema screening room romantic setting caribbean sea breathtaking views authentic experience modern amenities rio grande overlooking the sea best kept secret very special place jamaican food frenchman's cove
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We visited for one night from Kingston, for a birthday treat. It was great. We got upgraded - the room was amazing. We had a good time snorkelling at the beach. The food was super, the grounds lovely. This is such a nice hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
TridentMgmt, Manager at The Trident Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Greetings Pepf74,

Thank you for taking the time out to complete your brief, yet very informative and fun filled experience. We were delighted to be apart of a memory that we hope will last for a lifetime. Thank you again and we are looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

What a beautiful, elegant gem of a place to stay.
Only 13 rooms/villas all with their own small pool, beautiful private pool/patio area.
The rooms are incredibly spacious, and beautifully furnished with contemporary furnishings.
The hotel has its own private beach in a stunning location, it also has a lovely infinity pool which spills over into the Caribbean sea.
The hotel offers two restaurants, a bar, stylish lounges, and a fabulous cinema room which can be used for private screenings of your best loved movies.
The service we experienced went beyond anything I have ever been offered in other luxury hotels and attention to detail was outstanding.
This is a one of the very best hotels on the island of Jamaica.
An outstanding property located in a beautiful un-commercialized part of the island

Room Tip: Room 13 is nearest the beach, room 1 is nearest to the pool, restaurants, gym and amenities.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenwilliamsTC
TridentMgmt, Manager at The Trident Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Greetings Karen,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to complete such a detailed review on our property. We are indeed happy to know that your experience was nothing short of having an unforgettable time and we hope to extend this and even more on your next visit.

See you soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Hello my Trident Family!!!
The very first thing I want whenever I get home to Jamaica is a coconut jelly! The first vender I find I stop and drink as much as I can take. This simple thing is so important to me.

Nuff nuff love to you all! My Wife Monique, Baby Kessi and I were really happy we choose this Home (Hotel). When the world runs to Ocho Rios, Negril or Mobay we run to Portland for tranquil peace, untouched beauty, True Taste of Jamaica, Warm Friendly People and a clean neat place to stay with a beach. Normally I would find all of this in different places (can’t name them all now) but Trident, We found everything at one stop. You made our trip back home to Jamaica this year an unforgettable experience. It felt good being somewhere and it seems that everyone is waiting to serve you alone. All our requests were met immediately. A smile was always awaiting us around every corner. I have already started advertising this place to my friends.

My checkin still has me stunned with the simple cool glass of coconut water. You really do don’t know what that did for me. I have never been checked into a Sandals, Moon Palace nor Marriott and got that! As I mentioned above of the importance of this you scored 5 stars from the get go!
All my Front Desk Family Members are Super Stars! Blessings to The Executive Chef, thanks for the tour and mi roasted bread fruit. Thanks to all the other Chefs for our Jamaican Breakfast and even the one who gave me a proper beating on the pool table! Is a lucky ting mi neva mek a bet! The Landscaping Staff, the place tun up. Mr Mango, those yellow heart breadfruit a seh one! All my Wait Staff were awesome, thanks for my Son’s porridge every morning. Mr Lifeguard/swim Instructor/ Snorkeler guide, thank you much, sorry we did not hit the beach much but that last morning was still a blast. Nicola you did a fantastic job with the tour of that castle, I hope your still singing “living it up”. Our House keepers, it felt good coming in to a room nice and neat everyday and night.
Everyone played there part in making our stay fantastic Mr. Lee Chin (Owner) you have a wonderful Team Working for you and I feel blessed being on the receiving end of this Family. See you all next year or sooner........can you make my glass of coconut water a bit bigger pleaseeeee. Blessings again to everyone.

From the Willams Family.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Greetings Kesmit,

We would like to thank you for your heartfelt review. The Trident is indeed all that you have described and we love to cater to your needs and create that memorable experience you boast about. You have highlighted every department, which shows the impact on your experience from all angles, from your arrival to your departure. We do sincerely hope you will return home to us so we can give the warmest welcome with the largest glass of coconut water.:-)

See you soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

Having spent two blissful days at Trident Hotel in 2014, I decided to return to the hotel to celebrate my Birthday this year.
The hotel is situated a little outside the town of Port Antonio. It is a peaceful, sparkling sanctuary from the moment you enter the reception area. Charming Claudine greeted us at the Front Desk, where we were given a refreshing welcome drink and then taken to our villa. Shanique and Shomora from Reservations were very friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for the excellent staff at the hotel, who will explain how to use all the hotel facilities, from the Apple TV in the villa, to the gym and the cinema.
We thoroughly enjoyed a delicious dinner at the hotel and really appreciated the efforts of Byron and Keston, who served our drinks and food, including a special, surprise Birthday cheesecake! Breakfast was also excellent. There is always a cooked, Jamaican breakfast option, which I recommend.
Arthur, the lifeguard at the beach, showed tremendous patience and determination in helping us to try paddleboarding for the first time, which was great fun. Then, as passengers this time, he also took each of us beyond the quiet waters of the cove, negotiating the choppy waves expertly, so that we could go to the reef.
The Trident experience is relaxing, luxurious and unforgettable. You feel totally at home and never want to leave! I cannot wait to return soon.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Caroline B

Greetings Caroline,

Our team would like to thank you for such a detailed and personalized review of your wonderful experience. We are extremely happy you were able to return home after so long, we certainly missed you. We are now anticipating your next visit, hopefully it'll be very soon.

All the best.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Staff was polite and attentive..
Accomodations were immaculate and clean.
property is beautifully manicured and kept.
A perfect place to relax..
I would recommend this hotel highly.
A good place for couples..

Room Tip: all villas are well appointed
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eroleen
TridentMgmt, Manager at The Trident Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Greetings Eroleen,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your wonderful experience. The team was happy to cater to your every need and ensure your stay with us was memorable.

We certainly hope to see you again soon.