All reviews steep path private beach east indian mango room restaurant hours front office direct access enjoyed my stay big pool eggs and toast dumplings room was large rest and relaxation breadfruit full kitchen living room beautiful property
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Room was very clean and spacious. bed firm and wonderful. Customer service is great. Property very clean, peaceful and secluded. Scenery overlooking the beach is great and breathtaking. I would certainly recommend.

Room tip: Quiet Rooms
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tropical Lagoon... V, Guest Relations Manager at Tropical Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

The staff and I are absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay :)
We continue to improve daily, working hard to ensure that the guest experience is no less than you have come to expect from our resort.

Stay in touch with us through our various social media platforms for updates.

Until you come this way again, in Jamaica we say, "walk good"!

Best,

TLR family

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Tropical lagoon resort was peaceful.
This time of year is off season so not many tourists here.
Few German students on vacay but a very relaxed vibe.
Comfortable resort with very pleasant staff.
Will visit again soon.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Tropical Lagoon... V, Guest Relations Manager at Tropical Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hello Rosemarie,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

We were pleased to have been given the opportunity to host you and your family.
Port Antonio is truly among the best places for rest and relaxation.

We look forward to your next visit, meanwhile we continue to do all we can to ensure that your experience will be even better when you return.

Warm regards,

TLR family

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I have found a treasure hidden in the beautiful hills of Portland. It's the ideal place for rest and relaxation. Rooms arranged in a villa style provides greater privacy, peace and quiet. My family and I had a pool immediately in front of our room all to ourselves. It was great not having to tell the kids to not splash the water so much or be careful how they played because others were close to them in the pool. It felt like we were in our own private luxury home, outfitted with multiple pools, a private beach and the adventure of the Blue Lagoon. The Resort has an excellent and courteous Chef who prepared very delicious Jamaica Breakfasts for us that were so filling that it lasted well past lunch. Thanks Chef Oliver, I am already missing the Ackee and Saltfish, dumplings, breadfruit and plantain. I will be coming back for more. Situated approximately 5 mins from the famous Boston Jerk Center we had the option of going off property to get Jerk pork, chicken, fish, couch etc. However with the capable Chef Oliver you really don't need to leave the property at all.
The room was large, spacious and tastefully decorated. It was equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and toaster oven, dinning table, plates, cups, wine glasses and cutlery. Every Staff member on the property makes you feel welcomed with their warm and courteous demeanor. I enjoyed my stay and so too did my 9 years old son and my 18 years old son. Despite the the age differences we all agreed that the Tropical Lagoon Resort was our new found paradise. Thanks Donovan for recommending the room you did, I loved it. Thanks to Miss Harris, the Manager for the warm greeting she gave to me and my boys. We will be coming back with the rest of the family.

Room tip: Ask for the rooms with the sea and pool view.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Tropical Lagoon... V, Guest Relations Manager at Tropical Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hello Natasha,

Wow, great review and beautifully written!

Everything you have said is exactly what we work so hard to be and the precise guest experience that we intend to offer.
The staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please come again when you can, we would like nothing more than to repeat or improve your delightful experience.

Warmest regards,

TLR Family

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Apart from the WiFi being down, I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were super clean I can attested being a neat freak. The food was good as well they even prepared something else for my girlfriend that was allergic to what they originally prepared. The path to go to the beach and the walk to the main office is a work out literally but I guess a lilttle excercise never hurts. Admin Ast Donovan really put us first, he and his team there are very welcoming, helpful and warm. Let do this again next year!

Room tip: View their page and look through
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tropical Lagoon... V, Guest Relations Manager at Tropical Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

We apologize for the poor wi-fi service, our service providers were down, that was crippling. The owners are currently working on securing their own band-width for distribution on our property and perhaps also to neighboring hotels that regularly suffer this great inconvenience.
We are thrilled that you appreciate the effort we made to ensure that you had a good experience, and the staff and I look forward to doing it all over for you again, if not better for your next visit.

Best regards,

From the Tropical Lagoon Resort Family

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

My stay here was amazing. I would’ve given the full 5 stars but the WiFi was not working during my stay. I can not fault the company for that but it was a bit of an inconvenience. The service from the staff was excellent. They were quick to jump to any assistance we needed. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The food was also pretty nice. Special compliments to the admin assistant Donovan. Great service and he made our stay very worthwhile. I can’t wait to go back with my family next year.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Parris L

Hi Parris,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
The resort is pleased to hear that your time spent with us was enjoyable.

On you next visit we recommend the East Indian Suite, excellent sea-view and really nice for families.
We would be happy to have you with us again as soon as you can.

Warm regards,