All reviews blue lagoon room was large pleasure of staying blue mountain coffee hidden gem cages boston jamaica balconies
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I have been to Portland many times but first time staying at Jamaica Palace. The property itself is expansive and beautiful. The pool is a water lover's dream. Apart from the grounds, what struck me most was the consistent display of art and sculptures throughout the property and you know it is run by people who appreciate art.
The rooms were quaint and clean.
If you want a quiet getaway in Portland, this is definitely an option to look at.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Jamaica Palace Hotel – A Hidden Gem in Port Antonio, Jamaica

I had the pleasure of staying at the Jamaica Palace Hotel located in Port Antonio, Portland Jamaica for two nights from April 23-25, 2018. I had traveled to Port Antonio to visit family and speak at the launch of a Mathematics scholarship at an elementary school in the area. I arrived at the hotel about two hours before the scheduled check-in time and the front desk personnel were very courteous and accommodating. In fact, throughout my stay, the entire hotel staff treated me like a family member. Their warmth and genuine kindness made my stay very cozy and relaxing. In addition to the staff’s exceptional hospitality, the breathtakingly beautiful surroundings gave me a deep sense of peace. I started taking pictures of the hotel and grounds, but soon decided that the majestic splendor of my surroundings could not be captured adequately on camera, and so abandoned myself to soaking it all in. I wish I could have stayed longer, and plan to return on my next visit to Jamaica.

Dr. Constance Mussa

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel 3 nights and we have discovered many things. We arrived around 1pm from Treasure beach, after a long drive we were expected to check in early, but the receptionist told us that the check-in time is 3pm. It’s alright, we thought that the hotel is very busy and we understood that. After the chat with a staff in the restaurant I have known that the hotel is really quiet in this time (they had around 6 to 8 clients). So I was wondering why they couldn’t give us the room before 3pm?
We decided to have lunch at the restaurant and we were the only clients at that time. We ordered 2 beef burgers( they do have many choices for burger and we thought it would be a good burger). However, our orders arrived after 30min. The burger are uneatable. I think this is the worst burger ever of my life. My wife and I could only eat a small piece of it.
Worst money ever spent and the price for burger around 13 to 15 USD.
The hotel doesn’t provide exchange money so make sure you change some before arrive.
Hotel from outside is nice, room is old style and big.
Breakfast is a la carte and very poor , you can only order fried eggs or nature omelette. If you want to have other things for example: Spanish omelette, you have to pay 3USD additional (really funny for adding pepper and onions).
Good thing in this hotel is they have a big garden so you can walk around.
The food during dinner was good.
I think this hotel is overpriced for what it is.
I think you should consider before to book it.
Visited on February

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We’d read the reviews of the hotel being outdated and not-great.
This wasn’t our experience. True, it needs a serious upgrade and lick of paint... but the room and towels etc were scrupulously clean. The gardens were immaculate and beautiful.
The staff were absolutely fantastic and the all-inclusive for 3 nights worked out really well.
Great as a base for the mountains, Blue Lagoon and Frenchman’s Cove.... not to forget the ‘interesting’ roads and driving!
All in all, a great long weekend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2018

This place is unique. It was built by an Austrian Baroness in the Tropical Rainforest of Port Antonio. It is an 18th Century European Palace in Jamaica. It has huge beautifully maintained green grounds, a beautiful collection of modern art and sculpture, and a large swimming pool in the shape of the Island of Jamaica. The rooms have a beautiful view on the Harbour. And it is actually less expensive than the electricity free eco shacks in the neighbourhood. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels, but I will remember this one!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple