All reviews zest restaurant johnny walker round hill beautiful hotel the open air lobby breakfast plan west end caribbean sea beautiful room long weekend welcome drink restaurant staff nice pool boutique hotel jamaican breakfast montego bay special thanks
Reviewed 13 October 2018

We stayed at the Cliff Hotel at the peak of off-season (first week in October), which was the only time we were able to take a few days off. I was looking for a resort that would allow me to fully disconnect and pamper myself, relax, read, drink, eat, and re-do. The Cliff offered all of that in abundance of privacy and more.

The property is exquisitely updated to a modern, yet warm and environmentally friendly slice of paradise. The natural settings have been taken to a higher level, allowing the guests to have their own "private" islands on the cliffs.The hotel is probably the most remote of all properties in Negril, which made it the perfect destination for us, since our aim was to rest in a luxurious environment. We stayed in a regular suite, as all the villas were already taken - We will try one of those on our next visit, they looked amazing. All the suites, as ours did, have a fabulous view of the hotel grounds and the ocean, so one does not need to pay for the most expensive rooms to enjoy a stunning view. Our suite (Room 208) was very large, with a balcony that has a very comfortable sitting area and a delightful hammock, which I used daily to read and lounge with a red stripe in hand. Just writing this review gives me a sense of nostalgia that makes me wish I was there now!!!

The service was fantastic, every member of the staff that we met was courteous and helpful. The bartender at the cliff bar was ALWAYS contagiously happy and made it his business to make sure that we had everything we needed. From the front desk staff to the restaurant, everyone was friendly, courteous, and genuinely interested in assisting us with anything we wanted.

We used all the facilities and amenities the hotel had to offer. We had massages at the spa in an open area that allowed for the sun and breeze to flow through the room throughout our treatment. It was perfect, and the therapist was fantastic; we went to a yoga session that is guided by a professional wellness trainer - the yoga area is a wonderful veranda with stunning ocean views. The property also has a very well appointed gym with all the equipment needed to do a perfect workout; we played ping-pong and billiards after dinner, we enjoyed magnificent sunsets each day we were there.

The food was fantastic too! the restaurant has an excellent variety of choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Oh! and the welcome drink, a ginger lemonade that is mouthwatering delicious!

In all, the Cliff Hotel is "paradise found" in Negril. After carefully reviewing many options we selected the Cliff based on guest reviews and on the pictures we found in TripAdvisor, which still has the images of what the hotel used to look like before its renovation. The pictures of the hotel now are a true representation of the property.

I travel extensively throughout the year for business reasons and some for relaxation or family vacation. I have stayed in and reviewed hundreds of properties (luxury or not), and I can honestly say that the Cliff Hotel is magnificent choice for anyone visiting Negril. I rarely get this excited about writing a review, but the Cliff Hotel deserves it.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amdealba
Reviewed 17 September 2018

After thirty years, I returned to Negril excited to reunite with Jamaica. My friends booked and arranged our accommodations so I had no idea what I was in store for. Needless to say, I was blown away and very surprised. The Cliff Hotel is amazing on every level. It was perfect for our 4 day birthday party weekend; elegant, yet layed back, amazing food, awesome yoga teacher and the massage therapist was one of the best I have had yet.

Room Tip: suites are incredible!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Ill start with the bad since its so few....for the price i paid i would expect free breakfast but no..also cab fare ate up alot of my money cause the hotel was away from everything. Thats it. Now the good. The property itself is beautifully done. Theres a outside pool table n ping pong table by the pool.which is massive similar to a lazy river. Theres a cute small gym with quality machines. And the restaurant opens out to the sea. The grounds must be sprayed regularly cause i didn't see one bug or mosquito. All the rooms have hammocks on the patio. I fell asleep and wasn't bitten once. We got a complimentary bottle for our bday. The staff is sooo friendly. I lived everything. They even set up my activities. I felt safe cause its a guard shed infront the property...the food was good. Wish their menu was more diverse. But other then that i will definitely come again..ohh no microwave.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank quitabizz
Reviewed 29 August 2018

We had an amazing stay at this property! I look forward to coming back! The whole staff was amazing! Thank you!! The Zen resturant was also amazing! If I had to rate this property from one to ten,I would definitely give it a ten hands down!! Thank you again☺

Room Tip: This has to be the most gorgeous property I have ever stayed! The whole staff was just AWESOME!! I will defiantly be back! Thank you!
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Amazing place! Even better staff. Taji was so friendly and accommodating! Also big ups to Sophia and Omight who where so kind and treated us like old friends. The grounds are spectacular with views of the ocean from every room. My kids 17, 15, and 10 had a blast jumping off the cliffs into the ocean and swimming in the pool. The restaurant was delicious and the views are some of the best on the cliffs. On Friday evening there was a special guest appreciation where they served complimentary hors d'oeuvres and drinks which was a very nice touch. If you want a truly relaxing vacation pick The Cliff House.

Stayed: July 2018