US$303
US$148
  • Breakfast included
US$60
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hotels.com
US$216
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

US$301
US$249
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$67
Pure Garden Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
All reviewsround houseltu pubrick's cafecomplete privacywest endevery morningcliff divingcolettecottagecavespropertysunsetoceanjamaicavacationduplexsnorkel
Reviewed 8 July 2015

My wife and I had booked with Citronella about a year in advance of our 25th wedding anniversary. We were looking for something that was quiet and away from the resort crowds. My husband and I aren’t big drinkers, and so an all-inclusive resort didn’t really fit us. My husband came across Citronella after reading through other Trip Advisor postings, and after looking at pictures of the different houses on the property, we immediately fell in love and couldn’t wait to make arrangements.

After numerous conversations with Cathy, one of the owners, we booked the Round House for June 22-30 and counted down the days until our Jamaican vacation.

Upon our arrival at Citronella, we were warmly greeted by Trevor, the all-around guy that can help you with anything from bags to locating a taxi. Trevor showed us to the Round House, and we were stunned by the jaw-dropping view of the ocean!! The upstairs master bedroom was perfect, the outdoor shower with an ocean view, the private access to the water, the wide deck for sunning and sitting, the hammocks strategically placed for anytime comfort...every bit of it was absolutely stunning and gorgeous!.

Keep in mind that this is not an air-conditioned, commercialized resort for the masses, but a very small, quaint location where you can be as busy or as lazy as you wish. WIth only 5 houses on the property, we didn’t encounter many people in the 8 days of our visit. The Round House had no glass windows, only wooden shutters to block out rain if needed (which we didn’t), and the doors open out to the wide deck for you to take in the salty air and sunshine. When you lie in bed at night, you can hear the ocean waves crashing against the cliffs on which the property sits.

There is a central “meeting” area for guests. This is where you have access to WiFi, books, board games, and food, if you choose. Colette, the manager of Citronella as well as the WONDERFUL chef, was available every morning to cook breakfast from 8-11 a.m. for a fee, as this is not an all-inclusive resort. Her daughter Timone was on hand occasionally (mostly during breakfast meals) to serve meals and to provide yet another bright smile in your day. If you want to eat lunch or dinner at this meeting area, all you have to do is let Colette know what you want, and she gets the ingredients at the market, fresh that day, and prepares the meal for you. You honestly don’t ever have to leave the resort...her cooking is THAT good!

Guests are given a key to their house for the stay, as well as a key to the gate that secures the property. No one can get through the gate without a key as it is locked 24 hours a day. There are also 2 very friendly Jamaican dogs that patrol the grounds, night and day. I honestly felt 100% safe for the entire visit, and the doors to the Round House were rarely closed and locked (only when we left for the mornings to go scuba diving).

The entire staff was as friendly as you can possibly imagine!! The owners of Citronella responded promptly as we worked out our reservations before arriving at Negril, and each of them made sure to stop by after we had arrived in the Round House to make sure we had everything that we needed. Trevor, as mentioned before, was there for ANYTHING that we needed, and he always had a smile and a bright “Hello” for us whenever we saw him on the path to the Round House. Colette and Timone, likewise, were friendly, polite, and all smiles every, single day. Housekeeping service was impeccable. After the first day, they magically knew when we’d be gone, and they would tidy up the place a bit for us, even doing the few dishes in the sink that we may have left behind.

Overall, an AMAZING experience, and my husband and I are already trying to decide when we can go back to Jamaica. I’m not even going to to think about looking at any other resort because Citronella truly feels like home. I was even hesitant to post this review… I’m a little jealous for anyone that stays at Citronella without me.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nelson G
Reviewed 16 June 2015

My husband and I were recently married at Citronella and it was amazing! I did so much research on hotels in this area and I know I made the right decision choosing Citronella. The natural beauty of this place is breathtaking and the prices are affordable. The staff is outstanding! They made us feel so at home. Trevor was there when we arrived to greet us and help us with our bags. Both Trevor and Adrian were always around to answer any questions and help with anything that we needed.

We had a small wedding with only 12 guests. Everyone stayed at Citronella so we had the entire property to ourselves. I really wanted a private and intimate wedding and that is exactly what I got! We got married right on the side of the cliff at a point that sticks out into the ocean. Citronella allowed me to bring in a wedding planner so I hired Isabelle from Weddings by Isabelle. She did a great job coordinating everything that we needed and she did all of the setup for our wedding.

There is a restaurant at Citronella called the Great House where we had our reception. Colette cooked us a family style meal. We had lobster, steak, jerk chicken and red snapper along with some delicious sides. Colette is so kind and welcoming and she is an amazing cook. The food was incredible! Later, we had dancing under the stars on the deck that is attached to the Great House. The Great House is on top of a cave and there is a big hole next to the deck that goes all the way down to water so you can hear the waves crashing, it was so cool! We invited the staff to come dance with us and Colette's daughter taught us some dance moves. Even the resident dog joined in! We had a great time!

This is the most beautiful and relaxing place that I have ever been and I feel so lucky to have been married here. We are so looking forward to coming back every year to celebrate our anniversary. I can't thank Citronella and all of the staff enough for the hospitality and all they did for us. This place is truly one of a kind and I am so grateful that it will forever hold a special place in our hearts!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank iluvcr2006
Reviewed 25 May 2015

beautiful, dramatic, rustic, cozy paradise on the cliffs of Negril. relax as much as you desire overlooking stunning views to help you feel transported… then take a dip in the clear blue sea to refresh and feel like a mermaid.
felt like we were in Greece.
one word…. Go!

4  Thank gregorymdi
Reviewed 25 May 2015

From the moment the gates opens you begin to relax from the beauty that surrounds Citronella. The grounds are beautiful, the view from the cliffs is breathtaking. If you want a quiet, beautiful, romantic getaway or some time away with good friends, this is the place to be. Away from all the crowds, yet close enough if you want the beach and more action. We prefer the quiet peaceful place that a Citronella is. Colette is an amazing chef and we totally recommend breakfast and her dinners are amazing. The staff is attentive and will be able to pretty much get anything you need.

Without a doubt when coming to Negril, citronella is where you need to stay.

5  Thank Patricia z
Reviewed 19 May 2015

We spent 8 amazing nights in the Cove House. The house sits right at the edge of the cliff so there is an amazing view of the ocean and the sound of crashing waves which will lull you to sleep each night. The house is the largest on the property and is said to be able to sleep up to 8 people. Personally I think 6 people is the maximum the house can comfortably hold (3 bedrooms) however there is an additional bed in the hallway upstairs and a comfortable couch downstairs. The house was clean and well appointed. We didn't cook on our trip however there was a stove and numerous pots, pans, a large refrigerator, etc. There is a small Wise Choice Grocery Store within walking distance that had the basic essentials, alcohol, ice, snacks, and limited food items. For major shopping you are probably better off stopping in downtown Negril on your way in.

There is no air conditioning but the sea breezes were more than adequate to keep us cool at night. There are also no screens on the windows which is fine, we only had a few bugs, primarily at night. We brought bug spray and mosquito coils but really didnt use the coils at all. There are also mosquito nets over each bed.

The staff at Citronella are amazing from Trevor who was able to help us get anything we needed, the kind and warm housekeepers, to Colette and her daughter who run the restaurant in the great house. Be sure to have breakfast and at least one dinner at Citronella, Colette's cooking is to die for.

Although we just left .....we miss Citronella already and can't wait to come back.

3  Thank zdbrown1