US$287
  • Pool
US$240
US$233
Hotels.com
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$69
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Breakfast included
US$210
US$193
Hotels.com
US$165
Pure Garden Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$54
Priceline
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
US$413
5,957 results
All reviewsfish sanctuarysinging barmanjerk chickenentertainment staffricks cafejerk hutswim up barbloody bayevery other dayclub hotela la carte restaurantssand fliesgourmet restaurantmake reservationswater shoesys fallssea urchins
Reviewed 17 July 2017

My first time in Negril, had been to Ocho Rios and Trelawney. The ocean is so serene in Negril, no waves. I missed the sound of the ocean but had a great time anyway. I had no problem with mosquitos but my son's girlfriend did. The service was great, no problem at check in or check out. I am a picky eater but I had no problem finding anything to eat. Went to Black River, YS Falls and to Rick's Café. All good trips. Maid service was good. Restocking of mini bar was good, always plenty to drink.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Troyandme
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Pros: free Wi-Fi all over property, good food, clean property and lobby, clean beach, a lot of chairs on the beach, maintenance personnel responded quickly to complaints made.

Cons: rooms are too far away from restaurants and lobby, no kettle in rooms, room smells old because of cigarette smell, hotel is too dull needs more colour for it to pop.

Recommendations: more beach towel rooms needed, more pool between third and fourth block, lazy river and slide needed to make this hotel more fun filled and enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Joswha
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

As a service-oriented hotel chain, it makes us very proud that you have rated our staff very well and we are glad to read that the free Wi-Fi all over the property, the food served at our restaurants, the beach and the cleanliness throughout our facilities were to your satisfaction.

On the other side we regret to read that the location of your room and its facilities did not fulfill your expectations. Humidity is something very typical of a tropical climate, especially in Negril whose surroundings are mainly composed of beautiful vegetation. Our internal system is created to mitigate this. We regret to hear that we could not find a solution that could help you to enjoy your time at our hotel.

Thank you very much for your suggestions as we are always open to suggestions for improvement. We will share your comments with the corresponding departments in order to make adjustments, if necessary.

We hope you will choose to visit us again, and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of guest service that are typical at our resorts.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I traveled here for a vacation with my partner for 7 days. Upon arrival the check-in was fine, we were in the third building which we loved because it wasn't too far from everything but was far enough to be a bit more quiet. The night entertainment was great, especially the circus. The beach was nice especially down by the fish sanctuary because there you could see starfish etc.
The food made me extremely sick, I would advise everyone to bring some sort of stomach aid. After that we only ate at the buffet for breakfast and waited to have dinner in one of the restaurants (Japanese was the best). As for the drinks, I was unable to try any of the fun drinks because they only serve Smirnoff vodka...the one I am allergic to so that was a big downer.
The pools were absolutely disgusting! Cloudy, dirty water! I went in once and immediately got out and showered and we never went in again. The resort itself was ok but I still considered it quite dirty. The room cleanliness was ok, just make sure you let it get cleaned everyday and if you leave a couple $ they make towel animals on your bed.

All in all the vacation was alright, I however would not return to a Riu again. Thank god for excursions otherwise I probably would have opted to leave home earl.

Room Tip: Building 3
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KatherineNel

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing RIU Hotels and Resorts for your vacation and for sharing your experience with us.

On the one hand we are glad to read that our easy check-in procedure, the beach, the location and the night entertainment were to your satisfaction.

On the other hand we regret to read your comments reagrding the pools and we would like to inform that all our hotels fulfill the international hygienic norms, including the maintenance of the swimming pools. They are cleaned on a daily basis and the pH is checked throughout the day. We will send your comments to management in case our standards have not been fulfilled at some point.

Regarding the food served at our restaurants, we can assure you that for RIU, hygiene and quality control are taken seriously; we follow strict procedures while handling our food products in order to prevent and avoid any kind of alimentary risks or hazards.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

So id just like to say before me and my partner went to to jamaica we looked at the reviews of this hotel. Most of them were negative which had us both a bit worried.
All of the negative comments are not true at all dont listen to them!
It is an amazing hotel best hotel iv been to! My girlfriend and i stay hear for 2 weeks and we got engaged there to <3
We loved every minute of it hotel was clean, rooms were large and always clean and food was amazing. Also the fact that all water sports like wind surfing, kayaking, pedal boats were all free.
Best part of the hotel was the entertainment staff they were amazing always got people involved in activities and fun pool games. Spotlight, rolley polley, star boy, goku, burger, happy feet, Megatron and all the rest! (Yes they are there names)
Yes ofcorse u will get bitten by mosquitoes and sand flies and yes you will get some rain its the carribian dont let it ruin ur holiday!!! It dident ruin ours!!!
Me and my fianće will 100% be returning to this hotel!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
10  Thank scott b
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Let me start with the few positive things about this resort... The beach and pool areas are very nice and well maintained. I also enjoyed the after dinner show. The performers were awesome! The mini bar in the room offers full size bottles of liquor with a decent variety of drinks. Okay, so that's it for the "pros". Now for the "cons"... the customer service at the front desk was terrible. They were not accommodating, and rude. There was no concierge to tell us about the hotel events or even where the rooms were located. Our flight arrived early, so we had to wait 4 hours for the 3 o'clock check in. The lobby is open air style, so there we were, sweating in the lobby while we waited for our room to be cleaned. After dragging our own luggage up 2 flights of stairs (no elevators!!!), we were finally able to relax in our rooms. Im glad we only stayed 2 nights.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

At our front desk we are committed to give all our clients a warm welcome from the moment they arrive at our resort. We hope you can understand that check in starts at 15:00 therefore before that time we cannot guarantee that your room will be available. However, we will share your impressions with the corresponding department in order to make adjustments, if necessary.

On the other hand, we are pleased to read that you were satisfied with our nightly entertainment shows and thank you for highlighting the beauty of the pool area.