US$287
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$115
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$240
US$233
US$193
Hotels.com
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$161
US$150
  • Breakfast included
US$165
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$413
All reviewscrossing guardscaptain mosespineapplesmall resortgift shopgrilled cheesestocked fridgereturning guestsbuffet stylekerry annbottle of rumsecurity staffpaddle boardsglass bottom boatpool sidenew friendslaid back
Reviewed 16 January 2016

Loved the beach the best! We have never been to a beach where the guys can visit out in the water up to their shoulders and drink beer! I was able to float on an air mattress Hook my foot on the rope and have a nap! The water was clear, CALM, warm and beautiful. White sand no rocks you can walk for miles! There are 3 beautiful trees shading the beach area which was nice for the ones who don't like being in the direct sun. The Resort was small but perfect! And remember you are paying almost 1/2 the price to the price of other all inclusive resorts along Negril. You could get to know everyone that works at this resort along with all the guests which was very nice. We stayed across the street in the garden side and it was just fine, the security guards always got us across safely with no problems. Nights were quiet at this resort except for 2nights there was a band, otherwise nothing unless you walked down the beach to other music which we did not. Lots of drugs being sold and smoked right on our resort that had taken us a few days to get used to. So if you don't mind the guy next to you in his beach chair smoking weed or standing at the beach bar smoking it you will be ok. Just keep in mind there are dogs sniffing everyone's carry on at the airport!! Food was good we did not get tired of the food at all! We have travelled to many all inclusive resorts in Mexico and Dominican along with Hawaii this was by far the best beach ever if you just need a place to relax! Otherwise there are many other beautiful places on earth to visit and more things to do.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ilovevacation154913
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

This was my fifth stay at Grand Pineapple Negril and it was superb as usual! What seperates this hotel from any of the other properties along Seven Mile Beach is the location and the amazing staff. The Grand Pineapple is in the middle of Seven Mile Beach. This gives the guests the best of both worlds. If you want to leave the hotel and visit a local bar or walk around and absorb the culture, no problem there is plenty to do within walking distance. If you prefer to sun bathe in peace no problem, George the best security guard ever, will keep the beach vendors off property! Now the staff. I can not express how great it feels to have waiters, bar staff and even the maintance staff to welcome you back and go above and beyond to make your trip amazing! Big shout outs to Chris in the dining room, Jeffette at the bar, George keeping things in order at the beach, and Raymond in maintance for making our trip go off without a worry! I can not wait to go back next year!!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank hotgal
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Well this is our second stay at the Grand Pineapple. We visited December 26, 2015 until January 9, 2016. The weather was outstanding and the water glorious! This is my review stating the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
We arrived around dinner time on the 26th of Dec. Check-in went fairly smooth. We didn't have a welcome drink this time. They tried to put us in the Beachside Manor building first when we had booked a beachside cottage. I was surprised they didn't even check, just blindly handing us an envelope with the room keys. We were put into cottage 44 near the Manor building. It was fine. Smaller than the Beachside Cottage we stayed in last time. Would have been nicer to have the extra room when there were 3 of us. We also ordered a fridge for our room and were told they would bring it immediately. We had been travelling since 7 am that morning and we had extremely expensive medication that had to be refridgerated. After a few hours I had to ask again. The guy that was doing it was just hanging at the end of the counter doing nothing. So an hour later it showed up. We assumed it was on, he plugged it in, but no, it wasn't and we didn't notice until the next morning when it should have chilled down. We waited another day and went and asked when they were going to stock it since we ordered it stocked. Again, same guy hanging at the end the counter was asked about it and he was going to do it right away. A few hours later it arrived outside our door in a plastic bin. So all was well.
Our room was on the second floor which was what we wanted. Room 44 is not the room you want if you want to sleep in or go to bed early. The road noise is loud, the trolleys are going back and forth from very early in the morning with towels or what ever. The room is also close to the garbage so sitting outside on the balcony was dicey. We were not in our room very much anyway. Just a heads up for other people.
We were so happy to have basic WiFi free this time! It is about time! Especially since almost everyone else offers it free. A welcome addition for sure.
Food : the food has declined consideralby in the 2 years since we were there. Very bland and trying to please the American taste buds. We personally want to experience the traditional food of any country we are visiting. Can get bland food anywhere at home. The New Years meal was wonderful and set up beautifully. The welcome back dinners were good. One night they even had a sax player! So very nice. We didn't get invitations under the door for these dinners this time. Heard about them by word of mouth.
Bar: Well Marvette, Winston, Jeffet, and Ghavri rule! They are lots of fun as usual and will make you whatever you want providing they have it at the time. They do run out of things like rum cream, red stripe light etc. The pop machine and the blender broke while we were there. Yet they all keep smiling.
The wait staff were pretty good too. Not the fastest but who cares!
Now the Ugly : the beach chairs. OMG are they in rough shape. Ripped, broken, and sagging beyond what you would think possible. I was almost thinking of putting a Jar on the bar asking for donations towards new chairs. They are the worst on the beach! That is no exageration!
The Ugliest of the Ugly : this would be the wine. Remember the worst homemade wine that your Uncle made in a dark basement long ago that stunk like rotten fermented apples? Well the red and white they are serving now are worse. I was shocked. They are Chilean wines. Now we all know that Chile makes some really good cheap wines. These are not them. The white is off for sure. If they paid a dollar per bottle, they paid too much. I would have happily paid 8 or 10 dollars a glass for something drinkable. I was always surprised to see that some people would be drinking this crap. We had a lot of conversations with guests discussing how incredibly horrible the wine was. I went out and bought my own.
Beach: outstanding, beautiful, perfect...what else can I say.
Harrassment on the Beach: At an all time high. Not from the regular salepeople but from the illegal ones selling ghanja and cocaine, massages, some jewelery etc. After 2 weeks I was pretty sick of the same people asking me the same questions. I try to keep my head down when walking on the beach. They are really ruining it for the tourists and the legit salespeople. All day everyday. They are lined up like a football defense line in front of the hotel at night, every night waiting to score a sale. This is the wrong hotel for that! Maybe look for a younger crowd.
Security: Good at both the front and the back. Always wanted to know our room number and where we were going. Very pleasant.
Overall: I would reccommend the Grand Pineapple. This is a solid 3 star hotel. There is good and bad. The staff on the resort are wonderful. They will go out of their way to please you. The smoking problem we experienced last time has been resolved. People around the bar were very considerate smokers and stayed outside the cover. Mind you other people complained of their rooms smelling like ashtrays. Ours did not, only the picture in our room stunk of smoke. I brought a plug in air freshener and didn't end up using it! I am not sure if we would go back. We were sick of the food after 1 day. For us, this is unusual. We are not fussy. Stick with the burgers at lunch.

Room Tip: Do not book Beachside Cottage 44. If you do you may as well stay in the Manor and save some money. Loud all times of the day.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank MARGARET0560
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Hello Margaret,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
We were truly sorry to hear that your most recent stay did not meet your expectations and if any aspect of your stay was not to your liking. We will be sharing your comments with the resort's management team to ensure that we are providing our guests with excellent service and a comfortable environment to enjoy. While the beaches are public and we are unable to ban individuals from this area, we do encourage our guests to speak with our security team should they feel uncomfortable with their surroundings for any reason. Guest safety is our number one priority and we can also involve the local authorities if we are informed about such individuals. We hope this has not deterred you from visiting in the future as we would like an opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

We typically stay at Sandals, but thought we would give this place a try as this was an "extra" trip to run in the Reggae Marathon. Overall, I think this place is a good deal for the price.

Dislikes: Food was boring and sometimes bland. Grill service was a little slow. Some bar drinks not avaliable. The AC unit was noisy and needs to be replaced.

Likes: clean room. Friendly service. Perfect beach. Great atmosphere.

Yeah, you have the annoying beach front traffics, but they will ignore you if you ignore them. The location is near Times Square for shopping and other local shops. Security was great and I always felt safe. I would come back if I need another "extra" trip to Negril.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Afred007

Hi there and thank you for your review of Grand Pineapple Negril.
It seems like you had a great vacation overall and we are very glad that you had a chance to experience our quaint resort. Having said that, we understand that some other aspects of your stay were not quite as expected and for this we do apologize. We are grateful that you have taken the time to share your input however, as we realize that such helpful insights can certainly contribute to our ongoing improvement efforts. All of your feedback is most appreciated and we hope to have you as a guest again in the future for an even better experience next time.

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

My friends and I were there over New Years week.Loved the resort! I have never stayed at a smaller resort before untill GrandPineapple.It was perfect! The resort was so clean,kept up well.The staff was the best I have ever dealt with.We all had a good time from when we checked in till we left.The resort is on the quiet side, perfect beach,plenty of chairs on the beach.Dinning was also good. Great variety and if you were looking for something else, they made it for you.We felt very safe on and off the resort.The staff gets an A+.Ghavri and Jeffet were at the bar and we had fun all day and night. They gave us great suggestions on were to go at night.Other staff that made our stay perfect were Conrad,Ovardo the security on resort and at front crossing you.They all made the trip perfect.Already booked again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends