1,486 results
All reviews ciao jamaica sister hotel legends free shuttle all inclusive plan ocean side cliff jumping laid back jump off cab ride gift shop west end rick's cafe seven mile beach red stripe jamaican food outdoor shower real jamaica
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Just came back from staying at the Samsara Cliff. It was my first visit ever to Jamaica and it was wonderful. My best friend and I went and loved everything. The only thing I wasn't prepared for was the 1 1/2 hour drive from the airport to the property. We were so ready when we got there. Once we did, we took the beauty of the nature and the people. It felt very authentic there. The staff was nice. The drinks were great. The food was awesome. We talked a lot of the staff and they kept us laughing. Larry from the gift shop was super nice. He was so helpful and made us feel comfortable. Maurice and OWayne definitely took care of us in the drinks department. We got massages there on the cliff. We visited Legends twice and got in the water. Bartenders Jennifer and Shenay also took care of us and gave a dancing lesson. All the people at the bar were having a good time. The only thing about Legends was the people trying to get you to buy something as soon as you hit the sand. The security there though was helpful. Samsara was everything I wanted and more and can't wait to go back. My ONLY thing is if I could buy the property and fix it up, I would. I would get new furniture, new paint, offer mimosas with breakfast (that's a personal request LOL), new shower heads, fix the outlets, get more secure locks for the doors and maybe some citronella candles at the bar and in the dining area. My bestie and I got ate up but it was all good. I loved everything. Thank you so much for showing us a great time!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cassandra G
Holly_SamsaraLegends, Guest Relations Manager at Samsara Cliff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for leaving us the 5-star rating and detailed review! We are beyond thrilled that you loved everything about your first visit to Jamaica. There is a saying here: “Once you go, you know.” And now you know! We cherish our staff, and they work very hard to make every guest feel like they are part of the family, and we are so glad that you and your friend were open to our culture and able to relax into having an authentic Jamaican experience at both Samsara and Legends. For first-time visitors, the hustle on the beach can be a bit overwhelming, however you handled it just fine with a polite “No, thank you.” We appreciate your practical suggestions as this always helps us to improve our family-owned hotel. For mosquitoes we do recommend a topical spray applied throughout the day, on top of clothing if any. Thank you for choosing Samsara, and when you are ready to book a return trip, please email us about the 10% returning guest discount and we'll see if we can get you that mimosa at breakfast!

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Very nice place to stay! The views were amazing from our Ocean front room. Staff were very nice and helpful.Rooms need some updating but at least they are clean. Wifi did not appear to work well but who needs it on vacay?
Have a restaraunt on site but did not try the food. Lots of local spots nearby to eat at. The cliffs were great to swim and snorkel around in. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Holly_SamsaraLegends, Guest Relations Manager at Samsara Cliff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! While we do try our best to provide Wi-Fi everywhere, we love your attitude about it, and hopefully one of our helpful staff told you that it is much more reliable at the ocean-front bar and in the lobby. The sunsets and the snorkeling on the cliffs of Negril are extraordinary – so much marine life there and so easy to access from Samsara; we are thrilled that you got to enjoy it and that you’ll be coming back. Please email us about the 10% returning guest discount when you are ready to book.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Room cost me $75 bucks. Blue water cliff diving, good food, safe. relaxing. well managed property but nobody at front desk from 10pm till 7am. Pool is fantastic. Smoking Ganga in Jamaica is almost never frowned upon. No problems here. Smoke away as you overlook the blue water and jumpoff the "hotel cliffs". Cliffs about 10-15 feet.
Real cliff jumping right down the street at Ricks. $500 Jamaican cab ride like $3 US.

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank drjaih
Holly_SamsaraLegends, Guest Relations Manager at Samsara Cliff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you for your 5 star rating and review! We are so glad you had a good vacation at our little family-owned hotel and appreciated the price and the location. Our management team will be thrilled to hear that you felt safe, and were able to relax on our property, and also enjoyed the recently-renovated pools. Our mission is to provide guests such as yourself with a clean, comfortable, affordable AND friendly place to stay in Negril and we are happy we succeeded for you. We look forward to hosting you again, and encourage you to use your 10% returning guest discount when you come back.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

The location of this hotel couldn't be better- it sits on the cliffs of the West End of Negril, which makes it a perfect spot to lounge, jump off the cliffs into the beautiful water below, etc. Great sunsets, snorkeling, the whole nine yards. But...the front desk staff aren't well organized- they had to look for about 20 min to find my reservation details even after I gave them the booking code- and even though I checked in after 3 pm, the room was not ready, adding to the wait; the room didn't get cleaned at all on the first full day of my stay, I had to complain in order to get them to clean it the following day; there was essentially no internet service for the three nights I stayed (though this may have been an issue beyond their control- it seemed to be a local outage); the lunch/dinner food is not particularly good, thankfully there was Ciao Jamaica Restaurant across the street; additionally, one of the front desk staff was rude when I inquired about local transportation options for a friend, she didn't seem to want to be bothered with the inquiry. At close to $200 per night for the pillar house, not sure it was worth the cost- I really do expect a clean room, internet service and positive attitudes for that price. Without a doubt, the saving graces of this establishment were the location, awesome sunset views, and proximity to the water- on those counts, the place is hard to beat. Still contemplating whether to try it out again, or look for a different place in the West End.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Wiley1976
Holly_SamsaraLegends, Guest Relations Manager at Samsara Cliff Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you for leaving us your honest feedback. We are investigating the situation with your room not being cleaned and your experience with our staff. We would greatly appreciate it if you could send us a private message with more details. We are known for our wonderful staff, and of course clean rooms are not optional, so we would like to follow up on this and take appropriate action. Thank you for your kind words about our location and amazing sunsets. We do hope you will try us again in the future, but if not we wish you all the best in finding another lovely hotel in the West End.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

West Jamaica is a poor country with a poorer infrastructure. If you are looking for a first class experience this is not the place for you. The Samsara is very laid back, the staff friendly, the rooms clean and the pools nice. I felt the drinks were great but the food not as tasty as the street/fast foods in the neighborhood. We were in Negril during the raining season at with that came toilet issues and power outages.
People were happy is sell us pot on our way to the hotel, share with us at the hotel and roll joints for us on a tour. Everyone basically openly smoke everywhere which may account for the poor infrastructure.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Lmercier907

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our little family-owned hotel. We are glad to hear you appreciated our laid-back vibe and friendly staff, the clean room and our recently-renovated pools. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the authentic foods of Jamaica when you ventured out to explore our beautiful island. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of hosting you again sometime in the future!