“1st time to Beaches - Negril. Soooo worth the money !!!”

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 July 2015

July 5-11, 2015 Family of 4 (two daughters 14 & 17)

We read a ton of reviews before we decided where and when. We have been to several all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico. First time in Jamaica. A few earlier submissions from others might have been accurate at the time, but are not now. We did not do the butler thing but it appeared to be great service. So I will attempt to be brief and outline pros, cons and tips:

Overall it was amazing.

PROS --
- As most reported, service was incredible
- Room 312 was great location, AC was great. Quiet. Good size - 2 doubles w/ pull out sofa bed which we did not need
- restaurants: good food and good service. Venetian service best - nice change to dress it up a bit and get white table cloth dining experience
- free flowing bars: premium drinks, bartenders w/ great attitudes
- Food: Try it all. We found the pizza and japanese habachi-style our favs
- activities: bottom boat, snorkeling excursions FREE along with other water equipment (paddle boards, boats, etc.) Plenty of team games, large scale board games, shuffleboard, croquet, mini golf, ping pong, etc. and dance lessons if you want.
- they sprayed for mosquitos - saw 5 the entire week - not a problem
- Xbox with games in rooms with more to request -- we didn't use but convenient

CONS -
- WIFI spotty all over :( -- when it worked, it worked great
- waitresses on beach spotty (but we were going back and forth from ocean to pool and grabbed food/drinks along the way)
- Beach/Pool/Towels musical chairs - better find your pool or beach chairs early and put towels and gear on yours to reserve - otherwise hard to find a spot
- Towels easy to find and plentiful in the morning, hit or miss finding a clean one after noon.
- airport (1hr 20min) and good excursions (1hr 30min) pretty far from resort -- but you get the best beach on island in Negril

TIPS -
- reserve beach/pool chairs before 8:00am -- lucky I am an early riser. Pick of the litter before 6:30 (except for those reserved by butlers)
- it is rain season there now. it rained 3 times during heat of the day for 2 hours then swept away
- went to Ricks cafe using resorts transfer. $20 per person round trip. Worth it ! what a great experience even if you do not jump and just watch. Great food and drinks.
- reserve italian (Venetian) and japanese (Kimonos) restaurants upon arrival
- we took private travel from and to airport. We did not ride the resort bus because we read it didn't have A/C. Wrong. It does have A/C. We just didn't have to wait for other families or other flights coming/going. Would save $ and use resort transfers next time. They have a good system for all luggage when you arrive and depart.
- tipping was not required and we were not pressured by anyone to do so but it sure was appreciated when we did
- we couldn't make up our minds sometimes between certain entres and appetizers - order 1 of each for yourself - they do not mind - we didn't make a habit of it but it happened a few times

Overall, definitely would go back - and highly recommend Beaches - Negril

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank 349pablo
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Thank you for your review, Pablo.
We're glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at Beaches Negril! Our staff do their best to ensure that all of our guests have a fantastic vacation and we're delighted to hear that they made a great impression on you. We appreciate all of your feedback and your helpful suggestions which will help us to improve going forward. We would love to welcome you back again for another amazing trip in the near future!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,408)

Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

My stay at beaches resort was extremely wonderful. All of the staff were very helpful and nice. One staff member that really stood out was Sillion James he was funny, helpful, and a great bartender. He definitely made my family and I's vacation 10 times better. He's very good at his work by making everyone feel very welcomed and by making amazing cocktails. He is definitely the reason I'm coming back in the future. Sillion aka doctor swagg is a 10 star bartender on a 5 star resort. If you plan to come to Jamaica make beaches resort the place of choice an sillion your bartender, because he is surely "a bartender not a bar pretender".he's the tagline of this resort. His bartending techniques is something to talk about, watching Sillion making a drink is like watching the movie cocktail by Tom cruise. However his customer service so amazing and professional.. He's a asset to this resort.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2015

My vacation was from July 9,2015 to July 13, 2015 this was my first trip to Jamaica with my three daughters,son and three grand children. The room booked was to have two beds. unfortunately there was a mix up on my reservation. After the management staff apologized they give me a room with an ocean view and huge bed which was perfect for me and my daughter and a smaller bed which as perfect for my son. I also received $150.00 credit that could be used in the gift shop, photo snap or the spa. they said I could upgrade after two days but my room was perfect so I assured them that everything was fine. The property was kept very clean and neat. I'm an early riser so I observed the staff at work very friendly, very polite. I was surprised that they remembered me each day by my name. It was a family vacation/wedding for my older daughter. My grandson is three so he spent a few hours in the day care very good staff. They had daily activities for all ages which let me relax by the pool or on the beach. I highly recommend an all-inclusive to have a stress free vacation. the food was good no complaints for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Included in my vacation package was candlelight dinner for two on the beach with a white glove waiter it was awesome!!!! I recommend that u bring bug spray for the sand fleas and mosquitoes. I cant wait to go back!!

Stayed: July 2015
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2015

Thank you for your review of Beaches Negril.
I apologize for any initial confusion surrounding your accommodations but we are so happy to hear that our staff took every step to ensure that the situation was rectified to your satisfaction and you went on to have a lovely visit with us. We always want our guests to know that if we do not exceed your expectations while with us, we certainly do our best to make things right immediately. We look forward to welcoming you back for truly 5-star experience!

Reviewed 14 July 2015

We stayed at Beaches in March over Spring Break. The resort is very nice and child friendly. The beach is amazing and they launch water sports right of the beach so no need to travel or walk anywhere to knee board, ski, etc. The food was good and there was wait staff to take drink orders. The issue I have with this hotel, is that they rent out the field next to their hotel over spring break for an all night and early morning rave. I would not call it music because it sounded like someone was screaming into a microphone with loud sirens and other noises going off in the background. The music and noise was so loud our entire room vibrated. The rave party started at 10 PM and went until 5:00 AM. When I called the front desk they said they would call the police to enforce a noise ordinance...that's a joke! It did not stop! I feel that Beaches brings enough money to Jamaica to get that enforced or have the rave party moved to a more remote location. I had a migraine for 3 days following that nightmare. Also, avoid ALL excursions sold at the resort! We made the mistake of booking the Mystic Mountain tour. We were stuck on a bus picking up people from 10 other hotels for 4 hours before we even started driving to Mystic Mountain. Jamaica is not a safe country from what I observed and I suggest if you go to just stay on the property and do not leave. And of course avoid SPRING BREAK there!!!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank mytwobuckaroos

Thank you for your review of Beaches Negril.
We regret to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your vacation experience and that your family was disturbed by any nearby festivities taking place during your stay. Our staff do their best to work with the local authorities to ensure that regulations are properly enforced and we apologize if you felt that we could have done more in your opinion to assist. We always strive to provide our guests with a wonderful visit and we are never pleased to hear that we fell short of this goal in any aspect. Your feedback is of utmost important to us and I will certainly share with the General Manage for immediate review. We hope that you will afford us a chance to welcome you back for a stay that exceeds all your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

From the moment you enter the resort the customer service begins and it is not fake or phony. A warm thank you to Felicia at the front desk who made my daughters birthday a wonderful experience. Stephan who helped us with our luggage and room set up. Lindley who gather our things and made my kids promise to get good grades so they can come in the summer. Oneil at the Stewfish bar and Stephen who helped with dinner reservations. I enjoyed Beaches Negril more than my experience at T&C, why, because of the staff! They made this trip memorable and I will definitely return

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2015

Hello Debbie,
Thank you for taking the time to ensure that our fantastic staff members got the recognition that they deserve and for sharing how their hard work made such a positive impact on your family's vacation at Beaches Negril! Your kind remarks are greatly appreciated and reviews like yours truly provide the best motivation for our team to keep doing the great work that they do each day. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
4.7 km away
3.6 km away
Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay
53.5 km away
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!