July 5-11, 2015 Family of 4 (two daughters 14 & 17)
We read a ton of reviews before we decided where and when. We have been to several all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico. First time in Jamaica. A few earlier submissions from others might have been accurate at the time, but are not now. We did not do the butler thing but it appeared to be great service. So I will attempt to be brief and outline pros, cons and tips:
Overall it was amazing.
- As most reported, service was incredible
- Room 312 was great location, AC was great. Quiet. Good size - 2 doubles w/ pull out sofa bed which we did not need
- restaurants: good food and good service. Venetian service best - nice change to dress it up a bit and get white table cloth dining experience
- free flowing bars: premium drinks, bartenders w/ great attitudes
- Food: Try it all. We found the pizza and japanese habachi-style our favs
- activities: bottom boat, snorkeling excursions FREE along with other water equipment (paddle boards, boats, etc.) Plenty of team games, large scale board games, shuffleboard, croquet, mini golf, ping pong, etc. and dance lessons if you want.
- they sprayed for mosquitos - saw 5 the entire week - not a problem
- Xbox with games in rooms with more to request -- we didn't use but convenient
- WIFI spotty all over :( -- when it worked, it worked great
- waitresses on beach spotty (but we were going back and forth from ocean to pool and grabbed food/drinks along the way)
- Beach/Pool/Towels musical chairs - better find your pool or beach chairs early and put towels and gear on yours to reserve - otherwise hard to find a spot
- Towels easy to find and plentiful in the morning, hit or miss finding a clean one after noon.
- airport (1hr 20min) and good excursions (1hr 30min) pretty far from resort -- but you get the best beach on island in Negril
- reserve beach/pool chairs before 8:00am -- lucky I am an early riser. Pick of the litter before 6:30 (except for those reserved by butlers)
- it is rain season there now. it rained 3 times during heat of the day for 2 hours then swept away
- went to Ricks cafe using resorts transfer. $20 per person round trip. Worth it ! what a great experience even if you do not jump and just watch. Great food and drinks.
- reserve italian (Venetian) and japanese (Kimonos) restaurants upon arrival
- we took private travel from and to airport. We did not ride the resort bus because we read it didn't have A/C. Wrong. It does have A/C. We just didn't have to wait for other families or other flights coming/going. Would save $ and use resort transfers next time. They have a good system for all luggage when you arrive and depart.
- tipping was not required and we were not pressured by anyone to do so but it sure was appreciated when we did
- we couldn't make up our minds sometimes between certain entres and appetizers - order 1 of each for yourself - they do not mind - we didn't make a habit of it but it happened a few times
Overall, definitely would go back - and highly recommend Beaches - Negril
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Located on the widest stretch of Negril's seven mile white sand beach•Stay at one, play at two with full exchange privileges with Beaches Sandy Bay including a choice of 11 dining options•“Pirates Island” Water Theme Park with 4 slides, meandering “lazy” river and splash deck•Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street themed activities with daily character appearances, parades and stage shows•Kids Kamp & Nursery with wide range of supervised activities•Interactive Teens Program with “Trench Town” Teen's Center and Teens' Coordinator to coordinate teen activities•Expansive Two & Three Bedroom Butler serviced suites•Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV's & Xbox® 360 game consoles•Beaches Resorts were voted “World's Leading Family All-Inclusive 14 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award, Beaches Resorts – Keeping it Green•EarthCheck Platinum Certified ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beaches Negril Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Negril Hotel Negril
- Beaches Hotel Negril
- Negril Beaches Hotel