See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in Summerset Village for three nights. If you are looking for something cheap in Negril go for it but be aware that you will be far far away from as it's said the best beach in Jamaica. This hotel used to be a hub for Neckerman travel agency but it's not any more. It's a bit empty and unkempt. Very basic conditions. After one night we had to change the room because toilet didn't work. In the other room there was no A/C, just very loud butterfly. Breakfast was very poor and if you want to get more you need to pay extra. There is an atmospher like nobody care about bussiness and customers. It was said that very soon managment will be changed so perhaps it will help.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2015

I love Summerset Village and the staff are most amazing...this is my home for a good part of the year and they treat me with so much respect.....the rooms are amazing....I rent a little cottage on the property....the property is well cared for and there is swimming pool, internet and cable TV, A/C if you want....it is so quiet and peaceful.....and I can take a quick walk to the cliff to see the sunset everyday......feels like I am living in a dream! Great way to get to know the locals in the neighborhood....I just can't say enuff good stuff...

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2014

Our party arrived 8/25/14 and were brought to room 408 and 407. That evening we went to bed around midnight and woke up at 8am to see our cell phone cords but no cell phones-then we noticed other electronics we had plugged in to charge that evening missing along with my purse. Upon opening the door to go to the office my purse was lying there empty of all cash BUT my cash cards, ID and other things were still inside. THANK GOODNESS. We inspected the room and these doors have no dead-bolts just push button locks and we walked around several room to find that ALL door jams were pryied, screens have been cut...there is a security gaurd (believe to be in on this along with other staff members) that claims to "see things". When you go to the front office they will assist with calling the police...you get told that the police are busy and will call or come by later. We moved to another hotel that very morning and I left 2 other phone numbers only to hear nothing back. After another 24 hours I went to the police department my self and they had NOT heard of the complaint and had told me that in a few weeks there was going to be a meeting on this location because this type of theft is happening all to OFTEN at this hotel. BEWARE-stay away!!! These people are coming into your room while you sleep!! While I was at the police station the people behind me where making a complaint from another hotel right in the same area after they were robbed while sleeping only they woke up and had knives pulled on them!! This could become potantially dangerous!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Bob J
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Our party arrived 2/25/14 and were brought to room 408 and 407. That evening we went to bed around midnight and woke up at 8am to see our cell phone cords but no cell phones-then we noticed other electronics we had plugged in to charge that evening missing along with my purse.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Nearly got put off by a bad review on here. I read it the night before we flew and spent the flight worried about safety and rude staff.

It could not have been more wrong. True the hotel is basic (but we did not chose to go to an all inclusive we chose a more authentic Jamaican experience). The rooms were clean and the maid service good. Our air con sometimes worked and the frequent power outs were dealt with quickly.

The staff were very laid back and we had a really relaxing stay.

Good value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family