1,005 results
All reviews rock cottage south house long house pine pillar rhodesian ridgebacks garden cabin ras rody massage hut the cliff continental breakfast is sea grape yogurt waves crashing air conditioning front office famous vincent the cottages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our 3rd stay in Negril and our 2nd stay at Tensing pen. What can I say , this place is a whole different level of boutique resort.

The grounds are just Beautiful, you cannot stop taking pictures. The views from your room areamazing. The relaxed state you reach is unmatched. However, it is the people that work here that make this place extraordinary. They all feel like instant friends or family. In addition to the people, having the best dog around ( Beezy) makes this place unbeatable. We loved waking up to find her on our porch.

Is it perfect, no place is. I would suggest thicker mattresses, upgraded showers/ water pressure and ipod players, but it is pretty darn close. We will be back !!

The restaurant on site is really good, but for a change Catch a falling star ( amazing views) and Rick's ( world famous) are just a few minutes walk to your right.

A few employees that really went out of thier way to make our stay special, Shernette, Splinter and Nick.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Anne-Marie P, Guest Relations Manager at Tensing Pen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sidney,

Thank you for your kind review of Tensing Pen resort and The Lodge Restaurant. Most importantly, thank you for recognizing our wonderful staff, they truly make Tensing Pen feel like a home away from home.
The next time you return to Negril, we hope you make it Tensing Pen!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tensing Pen, you did it again! I came here about 4 years ago in March and this time in October - each visit homier and more relaxing than the last. The staff remembered my last trip and welcomed me back with the same enthusiasm and hospitality. We stayed in the Red Birch 1 + 2 rooms which included two secluded balconies and a kitchenette, perfect for early rising and late night relaxing. The resort fosters an incredible sense of community between it's design and culture; guests laugh, swim and cheers together throughout the open kitchen and along the cliffs. I am amazed and energized by comfortably I feel at Tensing Pen. A few recommendations: yoga with Finet, side orders of plantains and callaloo with every meal, a book off the borrow/lend shelf, massage with Georgia, pumpkin soup and pumpkin roti wrap (Jamaican staple vegetable), the snapper sandwich for lunch and a great group to enjoy it with - family, significant other, college roommates, you'll be so glad to have chosen Tensing Pen!

Room Tip: every room has a perfect view!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Sarah,

Wow, what a lovely review of Tensing Pen, thank you for taking the time to post it! As you see, it was our staff's pleasure having you at the resort again. Sort of hope it will become a bit of a tradition ;) Please know you are home when you come here, your home away from home. Hope to see you soon, in good health.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My mom and I went for dinner here and the service we received from Novada (hope I got the spelling right) who was our waitress was beyond exceptional. She was patient, knowledgeable and just a sweetheart. The food was delicious I had the jerk lobster. The place was beautiful and peaceful I felt comfortable the minute I walked in, when I go back to Jamaica I will definitely be staying here.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Empress A,

We are thankful for your lovely review! It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope you always feel at home when you visit The Lodge Restaurant and Tensing Pen, where Life is Simple.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

From the moment I arrived, the Tensing Pen staff made me feel like family. You're greeted at the door immediately to help you get settled, have a complimentary drink, have no problem or effort getting your room set up, and the biggest smiling faces.
You immediately walk in to a STUNNING view over the water from every vantage point on the resort. Even on the one rainy day of our trip, the porch at our room had gigantic couches outside to read, lounge, and enjoy some shade. The amenities are amazing- giant pool chairs, umbrellas, hammocks, rafts to relax on, etc. etc. the list goes on. Anything you need- it's there!
The staff was the highlight of the trip. Always taking care of us or making us laugh. The bed felt like a dream, and we loved our room. I went on this trip with my best friends, and they made the entire process of vacation easy and care free. I could not speak more highly of this location. We ate here for almost every meal because of the beautiful views, staff, and delicious food (unlimited coffee, too!). Awesome bar menu selection too.

ALSO, if you go (which you must) get a massage with Georgia! She is the queen of back massages, and the massage hut is a stunning outdoor hut right by the water where you can listen to the waves but still have the privacy you want during a message.

11/10 recommendation for this awesome location! It was relaxing, take-your-breath-away beautiful, and a total blast. This should be your go to Negril spot.

Room Tip: Stay in Red Birch 1 and Red Birch 2 if you are looking to stay close/ book with friends but still have a bit of your own space.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Sydney,

As much as you enjoyed being at Tensing Pen, our staff enjoyed having you there! It is great guests such as yourselves that make Tensing Pen the slice of Heaven it really is.
We are grateful for your kind review and hope this trip is one of many more to come to the place where Life is Simple, and everyone has a smile to share!

~ One Love, Sydney! ~

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a lovely week at Tensing Pen! The property is beautiful and very well kept. The resort personnel are top notch and were so nice! They really made our trip special. We enjoyed being served by Calene, Diana Kay, and the other ladies. They are very professional and fun at the same time! Nick and Razor kept us laughing and happy with their great drinks! We had fresh coconut water every morning to "wash" our hearts :) The food in the Lodge is excellent, especially the grilled lobster! Katy and Lucy Ann are awesome chefs! We stayed in Rock Cottage 1 and 2 and loved them both, right on the cliffs! But our favorite aspect of Tensing Pen has to be BEEZY! What a wonderful dog! We fell in love with her and she seemed to reciprocate as she followed us around everywhere and slept on our porch. I cried when we left her but we plan to return soon and get some more Beezy Love. We've stayed on the cliffs many times, Catcha Falling Star, Sea Grape Villas and others but Tensing Pen is by far the best resort yet! It has it all. We highly recommend the staff and resort! Thank you everyone for helping us have the best retirement celebration ever!

Room Tip: Rock Cottages are great, #2 is large and quieter. But all cottages looked good to me.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Shelley,

Happy retirement celebration! Thank you for choosing Tensing Pen to celebrate. Also, thank you for your kind review, we are truly honored by the distinction and the special description you give of Tensing Pen. It was a pleasure having you with us, the staff and our Rhodesian Ridgeback loved you. Hope to see you again soon, in good health,

~ One Love! ~