“Our kind of Jamaica vacation”
Review of CocoLaPalm Resort

CocoLaPalm Resort
Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We stayed at Coco from Sept 29th to Oct 8th, 2017. I have been going down to Negril since 1991 and my wife since 2006. This was our fourth trip to Coco. As many other "Jamaricans" who have frequented the island over the years, we have stayed all up and down 7-mile beach as well as in the cliffs. I can't tell you how many times this statement has come out of my mouth over the last few years.... "CocoLaPalm is the perfect blend of all-inclusive and rustic Jamaican". It took some years to find our perfect spot to vacation in Negril, and we're fairly confident we have found that very thing in Coco. Without writing a book of the things we love, I will point out the highlights.

The staff is simply amazing. They make the ultimate difference in our trip.... not the sand, surf, sun, palms, etc...... it's the people that keep us coming back. From the time we checked in until the moment we checked out, we received nothing by kindness and respect. From everyone at the front desk to beach security to housekeeping to restaurant and bar staff to the grounds crew, and last but not least, the management, ALL went over and above to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable. I would also like to note that we really appreciated the patience everyone showed to members of our party. I took note of it from day one, and was humbled by it. Everyone is different in Jamaica and from somewhere else, and the staff at Coco clearly demonstrates that they welcome all comers, and can "move & shake" at the drop of a hat in an attempt to make everyone comfortable.

The property grounds are gorgeous. This is a hands-on managed resort. You can tell the owners and managers run a well-oiled resort and that attention is poured into it every single day. The area around the pool and hot tub is tenaciously manicured and so easy to unwind in. The beach is clean and breathtaking, and in a wonderful location in proximity to everything Negril has to offer. I dream about it when I'm back here at home.

The security is excellent. I have never one time felt like our safety was compromised or that our belongings were unsafe. This is a big deal for us, as it is to most other vacationers. The intention for our trip is relaxation, and to come home refreshed and reset. Constant harassment puts a dent in that goal, so having great security is invaluable.

The restaurant and beach front grill. Let's keep it simple.... it may be some of the best food and service in all of Negril. You want something special or have diet restriction? Simply have a talk with the wait staff and/or chef and you will very likely be pleased with what your dining options are. Marley's By The Sea, in fact, is one of my favorite places to dine, ever. No, it's not super fancy posh, but the relaxation vibe is off the charts, as is the food. Can't tell you how many outstanding meals we've enjoyed here, even while staying at other resorts in years past.

There are many, many other things we love about this resort.... I could write all day... if I only had the time!! If you are on the fence about staying at Coco, here's a long-timer that highly recommends this wonderful vacation spot. If you have any other questions, drop me a line. Enjoy my pics! ~B

Room Tip: Take tip money down. Anyone who goes anywhere on vacation should know how to tip. It's importa...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank schlindwein2016
Andrea B, Director of Sales at CocoLaPalm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Wishing you sunshine and smiles from Coco! Thank you for your detailed and wonderful review of our resort. Providing highest quality service and hospitality is our main priority and we are pleased that our every effort resonates with you. This is especially valued as you are a Coco Repeater who has stayed with us a few times. Your mention of our management team, our staff, our standards in cleanliness and security are all greatly appreciated as we are committed to ensuring the comfort of every guest. We invite you to hurry back home soon to Coco.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The room was a very clean, well furnished and better then expected at the price. Our room was a standard king bed, tv etc.. Like ALL rooms with AC in the tropics the AC was blowing mold but once it was sprayed by the cleaning staff with the same thing they use in the bathroom that was under control when we arrived back in the room after going across the street for dinner. HINT, when you travel in hot humid places, take your own lysol spray and use it first thing on any AC intake unit then go out and do something fun for an hour or two.

Food, if you plan on eating at the restaurants and bar at the hotel, say yes to the putting a pre charge of $200.00 so you can just charge it to the room and not carry cash. We had the "continental" breakfast the one morning we eat there, lots of good breads, coffee and juice. Full menu with good looking food for extra cost too. The jerk sauce they use is a great blend of sweet and spice. We were able to talk to the cooks and told them how much we liked it.
Beach, you will be able to just walk out onto the beach and head for a chair or go explore the area. We did both. Check out my 7 mile beach review for photos.

Room Tip: You get to choose, fun larger rooms or basic hotel room. Go fun and large if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WmM903

Thank you for your review. We value your attention to detail and your recommendations to prospective visitors to our resort. We hope you will visit us again soon, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We stayed here for only one night last year and I apologize for the late review. However I felt I had to write about this lovely little beach hotel. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We had an evening meal which although not included was very good value and absolutely delicious. Breakfast was included and also good. My only criticism was that I could only get a drink after 7.30 am, as I do not sleep well I would have welcomed one before this time. That said I will be staying there again in less than a months time and will prepare myself with a drink for the morning. Almost forgot to mention the beach is beautiful. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful hence the return visit.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about our resort. We appreciate your commendations of our staff team, our food, rooms and our beautiful beach. We have noted your comment on the start time for breakfast, and apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you home soon to Coco.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for just under a week, as a family of 2 adults and 2 children, everything about this hotel is lovely, the rooms are spacious, large bathroom. We all loved the housekeeping maid Erica, especially our daughters, she made them smile by leaving flowers on the bed and making towel swans etc, so thank you, you did an exceptional job everyday and you were so friendly!
The pool is here is nice, it's a good size and they have a jacuzzi too which is a nice touch.
The restaurant is excellent, we had breakfast here most days. Your stay comes with a continental breakfast or you get $5 taken off any other breakfast if you choose to upgrade to anything else on the menu which is vast and very tasty. We also had dinner here, which was really good and we all enjoyed. The chef was extremely friendly too.
All staff here were good, we really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely be back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank hkrichardson08
Andrea B, Director of Sales at CocoLaPalm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Thank you for taking time to tell others about our resort. Our commitment is to provide the highest quality service and hospitality to every guest from arrival to departure, and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Your commendations will be passed on to our team to continue to keep them motivated. Thank you and we hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Great beach, excellent staff and food, good accommodations, reasonable price. Nothing I could find fault with and finding fault is usually easy for me. This is a well run hotel...and I'm a former hotel GM!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bruce D

Wishing you sunshine and smiles from Coco. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort and we are pleased that you found our service and hospitality to be of high quality. Your commendation of our beach, team and food are appreciated, especially coming from a former GM. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.