“Remarkable!”

Ranked #3 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Tequesta, Florida
“Remarkable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

What an amazing place! From the spectacular and smart design of the facilities to the service ethic of the staff, the Rockhouse knows how to do a resort experience! We had a standard room, which was fine for our needs (though I think we'll do a bungalow next time for the terrace experience). The outside shower is a fantastic idea! The pool area is beautiful; we went out early every morning before it officially opened and it was so peaceful. The bar staff at the pool were great too (shout out to Chevon!) with snorkeling equipment available for $5 a day. I thought I would miss the beach but the ocean swimming in the cove was amazing.

We had meals at both Rockhouse and Pushcart that were great...some issues with service and overdone lobster on our first night but the hotel manager was amazingly accommodating and handled our issues immediately. Definitely have the banana pancakes at Rockhouse for breakfast and the Dapper Snapper there too; at Pushcart the jerk pork was dynamite! Enjoyed meeting locals on the West End Rd too. Must also compliment the amazing service of Kenny Tours, who catered to our every taxi need, even back and forth to Mo Bay airport (thanks Kenny!)

And the spa?!! Out of this world unbelievable! We had a couples massage one morning overlooking the ocean in a private bungalow...it was just as amazing as it sounds!

Overall we both agreed that this was one of the best vacations either of us have ever had and we hope to make this a yearly adventure at Rockhouse. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else; they just do it right!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annabelle4090

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at Rockhouse. The staff was the best I have experienced in the Caribbean. They were well trained, articulate, attentive when need be and absent when you didn't want anyone around, but above all they were friendly and warm. The hotel is very well run and kept immaculately. The food was superior...authentic Jamaican. We ate at either Push Cart or the main restaurant each night. The pool lunch food was delicious...shrimp and sausage with Jerk sauce being the best. For breakfast I recommend the Rockhouse Special - poached eggs over callalou and toast with hollandaise sauce and the crispest, non greasy hash browns. Yum! The best part of the hotel however is the spa. We had a different spa treatment each day - some out on the rocks with the fresh sea breeze blowing through our hair others in the relaxing spa building. Each person that treated us was exceptional. I wish I could have brought them back to NY to teach the therapists here how to give real deep tissue massages, natural and holistic body scrubs and wraps, facials, etc. And if all that isn't enough, the sunsets are the most amazing I have ever seen. I highly recommend this hotel if you want a quiet, chill, understated but exceptional vacation in Jamaica.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kynlon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

Great value hotel in a great location but, if you are unfortunate enough to occupy one of the rooms in the block towards the rear of the property, the experience is totally spoilt by the incessant noise of barking dogs at night. This meant numerous sleepless nights.

That apart, and I am not sure how management deal with this dog problem, the resort was very good with helpful service and satisfactory food.

• Stayed February 2011
Charlotte_WallaceGM, General Manager at Rockhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
We apologize to this guest who had a bad experience with the dog noise from next door. Our neighbor had recently taken a dog which was attracting a number of other dogs closer to the hotel. We have had an ongoing dialogue with our neighbor and we are happy to report he has been able to relocate the dog to his family in another part of the island. We understand the value of our guests need for quiet and relaxation and strive to provide this environment for them.
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

Everything about this resort is beautiful - the people, its location, the villas, the views, the snorkeling from outside (and under) your villa, food, staff etc.,

Not one complaint I can make about this resort.

The sunsets are to DIE FOR!!!! and if you want to view them from Ricks, its just a few mins walk (sunset from Ricks restaurant in Negril, is one of the top 100 things to do in the world"

Really clean resort.

Private outdoor showers in your villa are a real treat.

Access to the ocean from your villa is amazing (every villa has its own private access)

Lovely bar area with large wooden games to play alone, or with a loved one, with big sofas to chill in

I will definately be coming back here!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsHolliers
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

Where can I begin...I visited rockhouse with my husband for our honeymoon and it exceeded my expectations well beyond what I would have imagined for the price. Even though we booked a standard room, the veiw was breath taking from our windows. I enjoyed the outdoor showers ;). The property is as lush as a rainforest; but watch out for those almonds falling off the trees at night...haha. We had a chance to meet the majority of the staff during the evening mixer (drinks and hors d'oeuvres inc.). The staff was very friendly and my husband and I enjoyed our complimentary massage (part of the honeymoon complimentary package) from Joy; shes a small lady but she has a grip like the jaws of life lemme tell you...she even juice my soursop for me (we coming back for you girl...stay put!). We had dinner at Pushcart restaurant and all I have to say is "pushcart to di world" I cant remember the last time I had a box food out of a box...haha that made my year because it was just so nostalgic and it reminded me of when I was young growing up in Jamaica (before I moved to NY) and you used to get a box food from a small restaurant along the road side and them use to serve it in a small cardboard box, I missed those days...anyways the food and the atmosphere was authentic. The property was far larger than it seems, so make sure you explore it well because im sure there are places we didnt get to see. If you can pry youself from your hotel room please make sure your outside to capture the sunset. There was complimentary computers with internet service at the business center (but you probably wont need to use it ;)...The main restaurant is a good place to have a romantic dinner and watch the sunset or just watch the sea. Special thanks to Kaysilyn, Paul, Joy and the rest of the staff at Rockhouse...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shi_Fearon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
1.5 km away
1.2 km away
Catcha Falling Star
Catcha Falling Star
#6 of 85 in Negril

Been to Rockhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!