2,916 results
All reviewsprude sidenude poolpiano barhot tubnude grillkevin leveesingle menlorna brammerhedo staffentertainment staffclothing optional resortfoam partythe main dining roomlet loosejapanese restaurantnew friendsafter midnight
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Another A+ visit (my 13th) and Hedonism resort is only getting better.

My week was simply awesome and it was my 11th Annual Group Trip. Everything from airport transfers by Rocky’s Taxi Service for the 8th year to the staff & service of the newly remodeled/renovated Hedonism II resort in Negril was excellent during my 13th adventure at Hedonism II resort in Negril.

I have always filed extensive and detailed trip reports following each of my visits but due to some pending travels & obligations, plus NOT taking the extensive notes as I have normally done or documenting just about everything & taking 100’s of photos & videos as I have done in past trips, I will just list some highlights and if anyone has any specific questions or comments, feel free to direct them to me here.

I was in room #2126 (Nude Beach, Jacuzzi Premium Suite) & it was just steps away from #2129 where I stayed last June. I moved my old rock from #2129 to its new place at the jacuzzi of #2126.

Check-in was so smooth and fast and my room condition and amenities were excellent.The only hitch was my jacuzzi taking so long to heat up. My refrigerator was always fully stocked, champagne delivered daily, and room was serviced every morning & every night with phone calls from the conciererge daily for anything else I required. (Note: I could have ice delivered, go to the nude bar for ice, or simply walk out from my lanai to the water cooler (Igloo-type) on the beach and scoop some ice.

The beach and lagoon area continue to be clear, calm, and clean and checked/managed daily. Vendors were located near the Sandals resort entrance and I would advise against buying from the “brownie” vendor walking along the beach. Also, I never saw any of the stingeays at night in the waters around the marina. There were plenty of loungers and float pads all week despite the resort nearly being sold out for several of the days. Those I spoke to about the daily scuba and snorkel boat trips (complimentarytwice daily) all said they were good fun.

Other rooms (based on my travel friends reports) had all new air conditioners which seemed to have solved the original A/C issues and everyone liked the new bathroom remodels too.The only complaints were the rooms in the furthest (prude side) regular rooms (GVR) next to the roadway were noisy at times.

The nude pool bar, grill and pool areas have been renovated and the extra shade, extra grilling areas, no towel check-outs required, picnic benches for eating (with umbrellas), extended nude bar roof overhangs and pool umbrellas provided the much needed additional shade. One afternoon I counted nine (9!) bartenders at the nude bar when the pool was almost full. Again, the only complaints were the water was too chilly at night for some and that a solar heating system would be a nice addition. The usual fun in the sun and “spicy” delights at night were observed at various times and everyone had great times in and out of the pool & hot tub (which was only too hot just one night).

Restaurants—Pastafari (Italian), Harry San (Japanese teppanyaki) and the Beach/Chophouse restaurants all had rave reviews from me and my travel friends and guests I dined with each night. The Main Terrace dining room for all three meals was simply outstanding from selection to quantity to quality. The Seafood Buffet on Friday night was again amazing and delicious.

Entertainment Crew (EC’s) and Main stage music and entertainment shows again performed flawlessly each day and night keeping the energy level at its peak and always with a smile. More than once I was joined at my dining table for breakfast and lunch by EC’s and that made me and my friends feel very special. Winston, of course steals the stage shows nightly, As for the EC’s, you will never find any more hard-working staff anywhere. .

Disco/nightclub—I never experienced it this trip except for a walk through several times but the Foam Party was awesome in the inflatable pools. Most people appear to skip the disco from the piano bar and go right to the nude pool after midnight.

The piano bar was fun, very energetic but loud each night. Get there early (before 10:30 pm opening) for the best seat and sit back and enjoy both great music, karaoke, bawdy lyrics (sometimes) and surprise fun in, around and on top of the piano.

The Main Terrace pool was quite active throughout the week but never overcrowded. The Tuesday night Glow Party there was awesome as always and well-attended. Great music and fun and even with a few skinny dippers.

Throughout the week the drinks were free flowing and the top-shelf liquors were poured with love by hard-working and always smiling bar staff. It seemed the Nude Pool “shot” of the week was the PB&J–Peanut Butter & Jelly.

Hedo should be on your adult travel bucket list and I can’t wait for my upcoming 14th trip to Paradise in late 2017 and/or early 2018.

Ann

Room Tip: Book away from the furthest (closest to the road) garden view regular rooms if not the oceanfront or oceanview.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank TheTravelSlt
HedonismJamaica, Director of Sales at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Hedo Greetings Ann,

Thank you so much for the detailed review. It is very helpful for anxious newbies and maybes...

You have captured much of what the HEDO experience is all about and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon for #14.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

This was our third trip to Hedo in 15 months. There is just no other place like it to be found.

Location location location! Negril is a special place in the world with the gorgeous beach and the stunning sunsets. Enjoying them naked just makes it all the better!

The food is always great and there's lots of selection. The reno to the nude beach grill and bar is beautiful and the food is amazing. I can never resist the chicken patties or 1/4 chicken for lunch.

There is evening entertainment and clearly the staff work hard to produce a good show. I wonder how often they change up the acts.

Most of the rooms are dated but functional, so fine by us. I was a tad disappointed that our over the bed mirror was a little warped, but that was the biggest issue we had.

If you've never been and want to go but are nervous...don't be. It is the most open, welcoming environment you will ever find. And yes, you'll see a lot of bums...so yours will just blend in with the crowd.

You can find whatever you're looking for here, so embrace the opportunity to live out your fantasy (whatever that may be) without judgement.

Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iatlo

Hedo Greetings iatlo,

We are very pleased to read your review and sincerely appreciate your continued support and loyalty.

We look forward to welcoming you home again very soon.

Pursue Pleasure,

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Hedo again (third trip) but we traveled with a new group called the Dirty Pervs. I cannot say enough good things! The group leaders, Heather and Jason, are such amazing, genuine, funny people. The people in the group were a mix of party people and "chill" people. It didn't matter if you wanted to participate in every event (like we did) or some individuals chose to participate in just a few things and chill. No matter your personal preference, Heather and Jason made sure that each person in the group had the most wonderful vacation that *they* wanted and took a genuine interest in each person. The members of the Dirty Perv group were very welcoming and we had some of the funniest, greatest conversations; we look forward to traveling with this group again because we are converted! A special thank you to the other hosts, Jerry and Kelly, for keeping the party going and to Kenzie (such a sweetheart) and Janell and Heather E. The Dirty Perv group had the most incredible glow party and DJ Brandon had everyone dancing until they turned the lights on and kicked us out. LOL!!

Regarding the resort, we stayed on the Nude side, partial ocean view and it was a great location; very central. Our room wasn't remodeled but that didn't matter to us. We had cool air conditioning and hot water every day! Housekeeping was fantastic as well. The food in the restaurants and dining room was delicious, as always, and the bartenders were very friendly. A huge "thank you!" to the resort for adding the white coolers throughout the resort with cold water bottles in them. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

A special "thank you!" to Michael (head of Bell services) for his beautiful smile, excellent service with our luggage and sincere "welcome home" to greet us. Also, thank you to Elysia at the front desk for assisting me with an item for another guest and repeatedly checking the Lost and Found for my missing flip flops. Note: DO NOT leave your items at the pool or anywhere else! The last two trips our items were safe if left under a beach chair, in a cubby, etc., but someone snatched my awesome Clarks flip flops. :(

Also, a shout-out to Jermaine and Kayon in the Entertainment staff for assisting us with the sound production of our afternoon show. You guys are awesome and we appreciate you!

As usual, we are looking forward to our next visit "home" and highly recommend that you look into the Dirty Perv group. They have a hashtag of "change your life" and they mean it. Our personal relationship grew stronger and we gained so many new friendships and were able to reunite with old friends whom we met in another group.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Julie T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at Hedonism II.

We are very pleased to read about your experience and we know you will be returning again soon.

Thank you as well for the staff shout outs! We truly believe we have the best staff of any resort and it is clear that they help our guests make lasting memories.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Wife and i visted hedo for our second trip in june 2017...after our first trip new we were hooked....stayed same time in june with a couple groups being there made the party really good.... used rockys taxi to get there which was wonderful (15 minutes from exit of customs to loaded and headed away)..the second we arrived HOME we were treated wonderful.check in a breeze, upgraded to nude side (thank you) and in a matter of minutes in our room and back out... staff was amazing as always....we got padi certified at scuba thanks orane foster the best....main pool.nude pool ,nude beach was were it was happening.... food was terrific...room cleaned everyday and was beautiful...made our way thru the playroom couple nights loved it.. go with open mind and you will have a great time...people we meet were the friendliest i have ever encountered...love it there and looking forward to going back

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HedonismJamaica, Director of Sales at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Hedo Greetings Ricky M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very pleased to read that you so enjoyed your stay at Hedonism II and we look forward to welcoming you home again for #3 sooner than later.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Hedone was the personification and goddess of pleasure, enjoyment, and delight. I wish we could say the same for the Hedo resort. I won’t go as far to say that we had a bad time but it could have been better. Getting into the Montego Bay airport was a lot easier than the Cancun airport that we have been through for the three previous years going to Desire. The drive to Hedo was 90 minutes but it really did not feel that long. The sites along the way made the drive enjoyable. Check in was a little nerve wracking. Since we arrived on a bus with other guests they kind of herded us over to some couches and told us to fill out paperwork and that someone would be with us shortly. When we told them we already had our paperwork filled out, we were told again someone would be with us shortly. After sitting for a while someone came and collected our paperwork and proceeded to check us in. By check us in it was one and two word questions, no real greeting. Name? First time? Etc… We were told our room wasn’t ready but that is normal at the resorts so we just headed to find a drink. It wasn’t lunchtime when we arrived so we just wandered around the resort getting the lay of the land. The resort was beautiful and very well kept. Once we got to our room, I was a little confused. We had read in multiple places that our room category (Prude garden view) was recently renovated. If they were, it was a slap dash method of renovation. The bathroom had expensive looking tiles that in a lot of spots not cut correctly so silicone was just used to fill in all the holes around the fixtures. Not a normal seal, I mean like an inch around the handles. The biggest problem we had with the bathroom was there was no light switch in the bathroom. All of the light switches were located in the same spot on the wall, not near where they should be. One day out of nowhere we had an infestation of red ants. Not fire ants, these guys were as big as US house spiders and took 2-3 whacks of a shoe to kill. We had to call the front desk 3 times and go up to the front desk before anyone came to deal with the ant graveyard. We have no clue where they came from because after we killed what we saw we never had another one in the room again.

We had some discomfort with the staff at the resort. After being to Desire and everyone being so welcoming there we were expecting the same at Hedo. We did not feel that at all. There were many many times where we were made to feel like we were interrupting the staff’s fun. I could count on my hands the amount of times different bartenders actually made eye contact with us when we were ordering drinks. More often than not the bartenders were talking amongst themselves and we waited for them to halt speaking to try and order. Halfway through ordering they would turn away and continue the conversation and then have to ask us again what we ordered since they weren’t paying attention in the first place. One night at the disco, there were only a handful of guests in there. There were a couple of girls from the entertainment staff in there dancing with one of the groups that was there the week we were. The DJ started having problems with the system. The music kept cutting out. After a few minutes of this we decided to move on to the hot tub. As we got to the door, one of the girls from the entertainment staff opened the door and said “Just go” to us as we were leaving. I was highly offended. It felt like since we weren’t part of the group in the disco they didn’t want us in there. The biggest problem we had with the staff was the absolute hypocrisy of the security staff. We are vapers and we were constantly being told we were not allowed to do it, but yet we saw people with vaping boxes bigger than ours using them in the pool as well as people SMOKING A BOWL at the nude pool bar! Not one guard went up to them to tell them to stop. At one point on the beach a security guard offered to sell my husband weed. FYI: weed is still illegal in Jamaica. One night we were at the nude grill for hot tub time and had our vape pens sitting on the table while we were eating pizza. The guard said we can’t smoke there. We told her we aren’t, we are eating. She just kept saying we couldn’t smoke and we kept saying we weren’t vaping that we were just eating pizza! The next night yet again at the nude grill for hot tub time, we were eating pizza and I had my robe on since I saw multiple other people wearing towels and robes. The same guard came up and told us we had to remove our clothes. We complied, and she walked over to the next table and talked to other people wearing clothes but they were not forced to disrobe at that point. She then walked over to another table with two fully clothed women, not robes or towels but actual dresses, chatted with them and bussed their table. They did not have to disrobe either. The security staff are the only employees in the entire resort that do not wear nametags. It makes me believe that Hedo knows that there would be a lot of complaints about the security staff if guests knew their names. That being said we had two staff members that stood out to us and are shining examples of customer service. Andre from the main bar and nude bar was always had a smile on his face. He always had something nice to say about our costumes and tried so hard to make the perfect drink. Right down to garnishing every drink he made for me. He was always so nice to us even when the bar was slammed. The other rock star was Doreth. The best damn late night pizza maker you could ask for. Always happy to chat with us while we were waiting for our pizzas. She has been working there for over 10 years so I know she puts up with a lot. One night there was a problem with the pizza oven, it was only getting up into the 300’s instead of the 500’s degrees. Pizzas were taking longer to cook and a lot of people were getting impatient and obnoxious about getting their food. She never lost her temper and calmly asked them to please be patient. To have to deal with drunk hungry people every night for over 10 years and not lose it proves she is a true keeper of an employee. Aside from the pizzas which were always great, the rest of the resort food could best be described as adequate. The buffets were ok, aside from the Jamaica themed beach party and the seafood buffet. We enjoyed those two buffets immensely. From conch curry to tons of fresh sushi both were awesome! Pastafari had interesting dishes that were delicious! Nightlife at the resort was hit or miss. A lot of people do dress up for the theme nights but the theme nights are just themes. They really didn’t have entertainment to go along with the themes after their dinner show was over. We expected the themes to carry over to the disco, especially on rock star night but that didn’t happen. We made it to the hot tub most nights but it wasn’t anything like the hot tub at Desire. The first two nights there was so much chlorine in the water that we couldn’t stay in the water for more than a few minutes. There are only chairs around the hot tub and pool so unless you don’t mind doing it on a lounge chair your only other option is the ground around the pool. Desire has beds all around the pool, hot tub and beach! Even just a couple of beds in the nude pool area would be a huge improvement! As far as the sex life around the pool, very tame. Nothing Hedonistic about it. We know it all depends on the guests there when we are but the two groups there were more drunk frat party than sex crazed couples. During the day you would see a few blow jobs and maybe one couple having sex in the pool but nothing like the rumors you hear about Hedo.

I wouldn’t say we would never go back. The beach was clean and quiet. The booze cruise was fun but we will need to hear about more changes before returning. We still prefer Desire. Hedo may have been great when they were the only known “adult” resort but I think Desire has surpassed Hedo in a short time and will continue to do so if issues with the staff are not resolved. All in all it was a good vacation. What vacation isn’t good when you get to spend a majority of your time naked?

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yvonne H

Dear Yvonne H,

We appreciate you taking the time to post this detailed review and we are disappointed to learn that we apparently did not exceed your expectations.

We value your opinions. That said, we are surprised to read your comments about our staff as they are consistently praised by almost all who post reviews.

We do hope that you will give another opportunity to count you amongst the thousands of happy Hedo guests.

Pursue Pleasure,