1,449 results
All reviews gail jackson the singing chef jerk chicken daily breakfast callaloo fried dumplings seven mile beach kenny tours home away from home every morning fresh fruit paddle boarding second home beach bar beautiful beach water sports patties
Reviewed 24 June 2016

Negril Treehouse was by far my favorite hotel to stay in Jamaica. The breakfast was good, especially their fried dumpling, which was the best I had out of the whole trip.

The hotel is in a perfect location; right on the 7-mile beach which to me was the best beach in Jamaica from the other area I had visited (Montego Bay & Ocho Rio). The hotel was nice and clean, A/C ran cold, water was nice and hot, and the staff was wonderful. The Wi-Fi was not as strong, but it was much steadier compared to the other hotels I stay in Jamaica

Just remember this, if you plan to visit Rick Cafe (a popular tourist spot, get a free shuttle to Rick Cafe (you may have to call to get the number). Just have the taxi that is at the Hotel to pick you up afterward. We were upset with the taxi guy that was on the premise for not disclosing that fact when he decided to charge us both ways.

Room Tip: Beach view is the best
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2016

This was our second time to the Negril Treehouse already planning for another trip back next year taking our kids with us again!!! The staff is always friendly and remember you from year to year makes us feel like family!!! Love swinging in the hammock chairs that each room has on their porch area!!!

Room Tip: Cool and clean!
Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank silverllama929
Reviewed 15 June 2016

The staff has an attitude of indifference. They do not appear to be happy and excited about having guests. There was not a minimal level of customer service that was demonstrated. The "free" breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. The quality of the food is below my standards and expectations. The food and fruit were not fresh, the display of the food was not professional (awful looking containers that did not appear to be clean). The environment where the food was kept was not the cleanest, the meat and vegetables for the omelettes were not fresh or fresh in appearance. I asked for coffee with cream (reasonable expectation) and was given Milk. I make 3 requests and each time, I was given Milk. I do know the difference. Finally, the ultimate insult was when I was offered CoffeeMate. This property does not meet my standards for customer service, quality or cleanliness. I will NEVER stay or recommend this property to others. I stayed here based on the 8.7 ratings and reviews. Anyone who rated this place 8.7 has very low standards unfortunately. Also lots of ants in the room and in the bed!!!!! Yuk

Room Tip: Exterminate - Unacceptable to have ants in the bed and in the room. I do not sleep with ants at home, why should it be acceptable away from home. Clean every corner of the room not just surface cleaning.
Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
9  Thank Michelle B
gailnegril, Manager at Negril Tree House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Dear Michelle B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your one night visit.
It saddens me that we did not meet your expectations. It's unfortunate that your reservation of a standard room under $100 vs an Oceanview Suite which probably been suited for your standards.
A point of clarification on Jamaican culture, and navigating thru it, example, Jamaicans don't use cream in coffee, milk and cream are used interchangeably hence the confusion with coffee mate, they tried to please you but misunderstood.
You also indicated that the fruits were stake, all of of fruits are freshly cut daily, as we eat what we grow, no imported fruits.
Ants, yes they do appear here in the tropics and we could have sprayed your room as the smallest food crumb or sweet drink will attract an ant army. All rooms are exterminated monthly.
My apologies again that we lost you as a customer but will continue to host guests that feel and touch us like family.
One Love,
Gail

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Everyone one In the group loved the Tree House .. They can't wait to come back next year .. They talked the about the experience the whole flight home .. We can't wait to get back next year. This was one of the best trip we ever had

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank stevenranel
Reviewed 13 June 2016

My friends and I had a wonderful time at the resort. We were welcomed by Janice and she became our friend during the stay. She was such a joy to be around! Dale and Maurice took care of us at the bar and made the experience one we will talk about for a lifetime. Our drivers Norris and Willie were great providing history as they provide safe passage to our destinations. Orane made sure we knew about all of the local spots so we could get a real taste of Negril.
My friends and I will definitely be returning to this location!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends