“Nice place, long drive”

and 1 more site!
Moon Dance Cliffs
Ranked #50 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 19 May 2015

It's very nice, very small - great for wedding parties. Be warned, it's a LONG drive from the Montego Bay airport ... a solid hour and a half - so make sure you ask your driver to stop at a gas station for beverages for the drive!

Food was excellent. We did all-inclusive so there was no shortage of drinks and food. Bartenders are great, they'll have a lot of fun with you - and take even better care of you if you throw them a couple of bucks here and there.

We did not leave the property, so I cannot comment on the surrounding area - I can say that visually I'm not regretting not leaving the property. It's very poor and looks like it could be dangerous. We read some reviews on bars nearby and that convinced us NOT to leave the property.

Overall - it's a nice place for a wedding, but not my first for a vacation destination.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same - read the instructions for the safe before you try and lock...
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank dfoecking

Reviewed 5 May 2015

Our 75 family and friends took over MDC (as well as a few rooms next door at Hide Awhile) for our destination wedding. Everything went better than we could have expected. We actually visited a year ago to check out the venue, and some how it seemed nicer than we remembered when we came back!
As with any wedding, there were a few kinks but luckily most people are able to roll with the punches. Kerry, the wedding coordinator, really delivered everything we asked for on our wedding day. The rest of the staff at MDC bent over backwards to accommodate our needs. Their recommend florist (Rosemarie at Floral Fantasies), baker, DJ and fire dancer were all amazing!
I think this resort will be even better after they renovate this summer. We checked out many venues for our wedding and I still believe MDC is unbeatable in terms of value, scenery and service. We wish MDC all the best success and will definitely be back to visit.

Room Tip: Stay in a villa!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BMiners
Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

The staff was so friendly and accommodating. Keep in mind the resort is much smaller than the mega chain hotels. But that is exactly what we were looking for.they also serve nice food @ there sports bar.There is no beach here for this place but who cares had a great stay and will be back for sure

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Thank J.t 24268
Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

After spending a lovely week in Montego Bay, I went to the moon dance resort to enjoy a nice honeymoon. What a wonderful and peaceful place. What I liked the most was the service, I can't describe how good the staff is good with people here. Omight, Trevor and Hassan are just awesome. Wish i could of spent so much more time here. In a couple of days, they made me feel like I was a friend to them and I really learned to appreciate their culture !!! I've been to many resorts including very high end 5 star resorts and I have never experienced such service. Hassan, you are just a blessing, keep smiling and keep making all your guests feel like kings, I will definitly come back to see you all one day !!! thanks a lot !!!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Benoit G
Reviewed 23 April 2015

Wow, wow, wow. I am just coming back from staying at Moon Dance Cliffs and I had to get on here. I came for a wedding and leading up to it, I felt it was very expensive. Now I will say that in my excitement, I opted for the 1BR villa, Crystal Dawn. Arriving, my money was well spent. Villas get butler service. Our butler was Wendie. She was very, very nice. I, too, echo the feelings of other reviewers that Hassan and Trevor (Johnnie Walker) are great! They're attitudes are amazing even though they get there at 6:30am each day. They truly are the life of the party. Rayon and Lattie, who are a part of the evening staff are also great as well. Most rooms are for 2 people, including our villa. We had a 3rd person in the room and was charged nightly, even though there was adequate space with a King sized bed. They brought a roll-away bed, that we declined.

Kerry, the wedding coordinator, was amazing. She really worked with us, and did all in her power to make sure the wedding went off without at hitch.

The resort is not on the normal strip of hotels in Negril, it is in the West End so it is about 10 min from the local hot spots. Luckily, I had my own means of transportation that I wasn't hit with multiple transfer fees.

Limited food options with only 1 kitchen on premises. The kitchen was slow most of the time.

One thing I disliked were the charges at check-out. When you pay for them, you are charged an international transaction fee. Moon Dance is based in the US. Why can't the charges go through the parent company so US residents are not charged that 3% fee?

All-in-all, I would recommend Moon Dance Cliffs to others.

Room Tip: Go with the villas if you can afford it. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cherelle L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
0 km away
5.1 km away
Beach House Condos
Beach House Condos
#24 of 80 in Negril

Been to Moon Dance Cliffs? Share your experiences!