See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Evwry morning waking up to the ocean view has me in awh.... i enjoyed the pool and the bar behind the hotel that was connected my husband and i went wvery night before bed. The location was very close to the market place ans quite a few restaurants.... long walks the marketplace kind of reminded me of NEW ORLEANS AT TIMES so it felt like home really

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LaCray F
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Unprofessional and rude manager. Very loud music and base until 3 am both nights! No chance to sleep. No security guard. Gate stayed open at night. No water at times. No wifi in room. Toilet broke. Ants in the bathroom. The neighborhood is scatchy and scary and there is not much to do within walking distance. Locals harass you on the premesis.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jasmin1988
Reviewed 25 February 2015

This hotel is a little worn but it was perfect for us. We wanted to explore downtown Ocho Rios and this was a good choice. I did laundry in our bathtub and hung the clothes out on the deck and didn't feel that the hotel would mind. Some people in our group enjoyed visiting with other travelers in the lobby area downstairs. The Wifi worked best in that area as well.

The breakfasts were wonderful and served very quickly after we ordered. I liked that they served Jamaican breakfasts but I think they may have served other cuisine as well. The neighborhoods around this hotel seemed a little questionable so I didn't feel that I should leave valuables in the hotel. However, I enjoyed the short walk to the market area and felt reasonably safe in the blocks surrounding the hotel. I wouldn't recommend wandering around in the dark alone but I felt safe in a group.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet and I think this was because we were at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank jaypoo
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Friendly staff, in the heart of the town, private. Great!!! I had a wonderful time, I would go back again. I stayed there almost a month, and I am going back again. I felt at home. Staff went out of there way to help me. I stayed in the pool a lot.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank prettygirl12
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I went to this hotel in April of this year with my family. On the second day we went to the beach and on our return we noticed the door of our room wide open. It was not forced entry!!!!!!!My labtop and camera were stolen. No one accepted responsibility for the stolen stuffs. In addition, management has several signs around stating that they are not responsible for whatever losses their guests experience. That is something that I regretted not paying attention to on arrival. I terminated my stay immediately. I watched my daughters cried their hearts out because they had started to enjoy themselves but I could not have stayed there after such a terrible experience. The cops were called in and they did their investigations but I learnt afterwards that theft and having one's room broken into is a common thing at the Marine View Hotel. Apparently, they seem to do a good job of covering this up. When I mentioned the review done by "upsett" to the workers they claimed that those people were lying. I beg to differ. Those who feel it know it!Though a low income place to stay...one might just end up losing far more than one would have paid or bargained for had one decided to stay at a five star hotel!!! However, should you decide to brave it, my advice to you is to be extremely and I mean extremely careful.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family