17 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$437
ZenHotels.comUS$428
eDreamsUS$437
4,442 results
All reviews flow rider loud bar awe spa momo restaurant la gondola water journey vacation planners resort credit gondola restaurant club noir konoko falls public relations presidential suite sun deck dolphin experience dolphin swim sushi bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2020

Terrible!!!! This hotel is overrated and over priced for the service that they offer. They don’t communicate very well. When checking in, I paid for an upgrade, It took them 5 hours to get the room ready. When I went back to ask if the room was ready the person checked the computer and told me that I wasn’t in the system for an upgrade after I already paid for the room. I had to wait until 10 people checked and finally gave me the appropriate room......On the day of checkout, they took my wristband early and security harassed me until it was time to leave because they took my band before they should. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lasonyag2020
MPJ_Manager, General Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

Dear Lasonya G,

Our Moon Palace Jamaica family is grateful that our resort was selected for this visit.
We are appreciative of the fact that you have shared your experiences with us however, do regret that the awe-inclusive vacation that we endeavor to deliver was not attained all throughout your visit.

We extend our sincere apology for your expressed dissatisfaction and in like manner kindly share that it was expressed by our Front Desk Agent that your request for the specified upgraded was possible but would require additional time due to another factor. We are therefore, pleased that the original room was initially provided and that it was at your disposal during your wait.

In relation to check-out, this process ends at 12 noon hence, it is standard for the wristband to be removed during the process and a check-out pass provided. This pass allows full access to the property whilst awaiting departure transfer and is to be shown upon accessing any of our facilities. In light of this, we are extend our remorsed for your shared discomfort.

As we are open to making enhancements to our services so as to deliver the highest level of satisfaction to our guests, we will be mindful of your feedback and will use it as a guide in our improvement process.

Again, we thank you.

Moon Palace Jamaica

Once more, we thank you for your visit and for your time expended in completing this review.

Reviewed 3 February 2020

This place is so refreshing, we have been to Jamaica 3 times now and i have to say this trip tops the list, from when we arrived to the day of our departure it was so pleasing, we stayed for 5 nights, i tried changing my reservation online to an ocean view before we arrived but it wasn’t done, but at check in George was so sweet enough to help us find a beautiful ocean suite room to upgrade to, it was just beautiful, the resort it self is a good size, you won’t get lost, so not to worry, the food there was to die for, breakfast was my favorite, the Jamaican akee was just amazing, i have to return as this vacation left me wanting more.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KatherynLankfort
MPJ_Manager, General Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Dear KathyLank4,

It is an utmost delight for us to be informed of your sentiment. We sincerely thank you for selecting The Palace Life and take great pleasure in learning that our awe-inclusive, luxury services have left you riveted. It will certainly be our delight to supersede this holiday experience on your next Moon Palace Jamaica getaway.

Reviewed 3 February 2020 via mobile

The resort credit is a complete scam. It is meant to get you to book more excursions and charge you a 16% tax which is the usual and typical cost or more of the excursions if you booked separately through tour operators. To give you an example, I attempted to book a scuba trip through Scuba Caribe on their website which listed the cost as $89. Once they realized I was staying at the resort, they insisted I book through Moon Palace which insisted on a cost of $225. I’ve been to 49 countries and this place is the biggest ripoff I’ve ever encountered. They take advantage of Americans and Canadians who are acclimated to higher costs at home. Employee even apologized and acknowledged how much this is highway robbery.

The food is also of low quality and the resort is on a bay facing an industrial area and cruise port. The ratings are mostly from folks who really don’t know better because they’ve rarely traveled abroad. I’ll never stay here again. Avoid. You’ll get a better value for your precious vacation dollar at a myriad of other resorts or islands.

Extremely disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank maaronlay

Dear maaronlay,

Thank you for selecting Moon Palace Jamaica for your recent vacation and for taking the time to publish your feedback.

As our resort credits are offered to enhance our guests' awe-inclusive experience, we are deeply saddened to know of your dissatisfaction and are disheartened by your shared opinion. We have taken your perception into consideration and assure you that all services offered by Moon Palace Jamaica are standardized and irrespective of socioeconomics.

It is always our intention to provide our guests with the highest level of satisfaction and a most memorable holiday experience hence, we do regret that this was not achieved with you. We however hope that you will not be dissuaded from returning to any of our Palace Resorts, as we would love to have an opportunity to redress your overall perspective.

Once more, we thank you.

Reviewed 3 February 2020

It was very nice place to stay in Jamaica Moon Palace. But the most surprising experience I had with the fitness club. In US I had personal trainers.
Johnoy is brilliant trainer, because he is funny, flexible, warm and excellent teacher. Wonderful personality, very professional. Every day I had enjoyable plenty workout and never boring. I workout for so many years, but Johnoy is my favorite one , I wish we could have him in Chicago. Johnoy consistently explains why we are doing what we are doing. Very useful information for my future routine exercises. I am impressed with his knowledge about the muscles and joints in the body and how not to harm them. Johnoy is a quality individual and a terrific trainer. Thank you Johnoy.

Date of stay: January 2020

Dear Vida Valainis,

It is an honor to receive your five-star review of our resort and Johnoy's service. Indeed, Johnoy continues to deliver top-notch service that portrays his genuine interest and dedication as such, we will not hesitate to share your wonderful compliments with him.

Our Moon Palace Jamaica family sincerely thank you for visiting our island paradise.

Reviewed 3 February 2020

Was nice to be able to exercise with "Fitness" Johnoy everyday in the pool with water aerobics. He made it fun and not feel like exercise, yet you got a good workout. He was very encouraging to everyone and made all feel welcome.

Date of stay: January 2020

Dear Wags2011,

Thank you for sharing your five-star review with us; Johnoy will be elated to hear of the wonderful contribution he made to you Palace experience as well as we will be thrilled to have you again.