Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$82
Hotels.comUS$82
FindHotelUS$82
Orbitz.comUS$82
TravelocityUS$82
CheapTicketsUS$82
HurbUS$83
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 January 2020

We spent two nights at The Lion House. I booked there based on the glowing reviews. Our experience was so completely different that I'm now going back and looking at the reviews again. I'm just now noticing that the vast majority of the reviews are rather old. That might explain the striking difference.

Pros:
Clean rooms, reasonably comfortable beds, beautiful views, inexpensive

Cons:
While the views are nice, there’s not a single comfortable chair, table w/umbrella, or lounger out on the large patio. Nothing that says, ‘Come out here and enjoy this space’.

It's insanely loud! Loud music comes up from the valley behind The Lion House and also from the tiny convenience store across the street. It sits right on a narrow, curvy road with a steady stream of cars. Since visibility is limited, the cars routinely honk to warn oncoming traffic. The dog barks throughout the night and the rooster starts crowing at 3:30 a.m.

The lack of staff is almost eerie. We arrived during the advertised check-in time to find no one. There was just a note tacked to a bulletin board telling us where to find our room key.

This place is super barebones. No toiletries or bottles of water.

It was an odd couple of days to say the least. I'm not trying to bash the place but I think honest reviews are beneficial for everyone. This might be just the place for some; those on a tight budget, backpackers or people who usually stay in hostels. We, however, found it to be noisy, stressful and isolated.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank WaterlooDweller
Reviewed 4 October 2019

We spent our first two nights in Ochi at the Lion House. We stayed in The Natural Mystic room. It was unbelievably beautiful! The view of the mountains from the bed made it difficult to move. Adaire checked us in. She was sweet and delightful. She’s full of information about the area, so she’s a great one to ask.

We had breakfast both days and it was extremely good. And the portions were very large. Perfect for my husband and a bit much for me at a great price! We took walks up and down the hill each morning encountering sweet and welcoming people that lived in the area. The view from the upstairs patio is beyond compare.

As for the room... it was very, very clean. The shower was huge. The fan provided was more than adequate. There was a mosquito net there, but with the mountain breeze and fan it wasn’t needed. They also provide cold fresh water to refill your bottles with. The land has a great variety of fruit trees so you may be able to grab a snack depending on the time of year.

I highly recommend staying here. I’m sure that we shall again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

I spent 3 nights and it was very enjoyable. The view literally brought a tear to my eye at breakfast. The food great...the staff warm and attentive beyond expectations. Always felt safe and comfortable. Im glad I didn't go the route of a resort! I will be back!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank KimberlyFoltz
Elizabeth B, Manager at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It was a pleasure to have you stay. Happy travels
Oe Love
The Lion House Team

Reviewed 1 March 2019 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the Lion House, up on the top of Breadnut Hill. Lovely room, incredible view, and so many kind staff and neighbours. It was nice to have a respite from the busy hustle of Ochi, and the views are just beautiful. Oliver was super helpful with recommendations of where to go and explore.

Breakfast was amazing, especially the cassava cake!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2019

Thanks for the review. Happy to know you enjoyed your stay.
Warm wishes
Elizabeth for the Lion House Team

Reviewed 9 February 2019

The most beautiful place, set high above the valley up Breadnut Hill. Delicious breakfast and I wish I had been more organised to order the dinner. The staff were so lovely and helpful. Am absolute treasure - I thoroughly recommend the Lion House.

Room tip: Great views all round.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you. So glad to know you enjoyed your stay. We love our little peace of paradise and it is a pleasure to share it with you.