See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Me and my mom stayed here a couple days to sight-see and do some touristy things before heading to Port Antonio. When we first arrived we were greeted by a friend of the host, who was nice and showed us to our room. The room was superrr clean and tons of room. The bathroom was nice and had lots of space for our things too. When we first walked around the balcony and saw our view, our jaws dropped. I'm so grateful for the hammock as this added an extra touch of relaxation. There was a neighbor who had a rooster and we became accustomed to its call in the mornings. One day, neighbors were lighting plants on fire so the entire valley became smokey and it was a little intrusive to the fresh mountain air. There was also a stormy night (we had all the rooms lights on) that awoke a mass of flying ants into our room. We had a good laugh about it, shoved towels under the doors and turned off all the lights. We didn't realize that this place is farrr on top of a hill, away from any stores or restaurants. Make sure you tell them you'd like breakfast and dinner! Mahlon and Elizabeth were great and made us food without hesitation even though it wasn't planned for them! What a great way to wake up and eat breakfast on their beautiful porch high on the mountain top. Elizabeth was also a great chauffeur and took us to some spots while telling us about her story and information on locals/culture. I recommend this place and would love to come back for a longer stay.

Room Tip: The wifi is a lot stronger on the upper porch.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a well thought out and accurate review. We really love our place so it is great when our guests enjoy it too. And it allows us to know where we need to make adjustments and what guests really like.
Happy travels, One Love
Elizabeth ad Mahlon

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Me and my daughter stayed at the Lion House, and during our 3 days my daughter was sick and Elizabeth and Mahlon went out of their way to help and accommodate her and still make my stay enjoyable. The food was fresh and delicious,the atmosphere was made for rest, relaxation, and meditation. I would recommend this house to any and everyone.

Room Tip: Get the Irie Breeze room, the view is breathtaking.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Blac Q
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. It is always good to know that our guests have an enjoyable time. it was a pleasure to meet you both and I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Jamaica.
One Love Elizabeth and Mahlon

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the Lion House from July 31-August 4th. When I arrived, the host Malhon and Elizabeth were not there though Elizabeth mentioned in the e-mail that she may be "off" the island. Based on my experience this guest hotel is well suited for the following:
Group or family retreat, familiarity with area, need time for self reflection and rejuvenation, and have an adventurous spirit. The house is located on the top off the hill with a spectacular view of mountains and hillside. I would recommend staying in the irie breeze room. Breakfast is served and is an additional cost. The room was nice and clean and Malhon was very helpful with transport into town. Overall, my stay was pleasant.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank georgi4
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback about your experience at our lodge. It was a pleasure to meet you and good to know that you enjoyed your stay. I liked how you discerningly described who else might enjoy the Lion House.
Regards
Elizabeth

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I had emailed Elizabeth several months ahead to plan our one night stay. We arranged for an extra bed to be set up in the Irie Breeze room so my husband and i, along with our 2 teens could all stay together. We arrived exactly on schedule, but no one was on the property to meet us. I tried the phone number I had for Elizabeth but it was not a working number. We tried walking around the property to find someone. There was a group of people sitting at a store or bar just down and across the street. They informed me that Elizabeth was not in Jamaica. They said her husband, Mahlon had been seen earlier but they didn't know where he was now. We sat outside and waited for about an hour. After being on the road from 9 am to 5 pm, we all really needed to use a restroom. My husband walked down the road to a house next door and found Mahlon's father and brother. His brother came up and we spoke with Mahlon on his phone and he let us in our room. Mahlon had said he would be back later. We never saw him. We all showered and relaxed on the veranda. My daughter especially enjoyed the hammock overlooking the beautiful green hillsides. Everything was clean and the breeze and quiet was calming. We all wanted something to eat and my husband set off in the car to find a cook shop. Luckily, Mahlon's brother caught a ride with him to show him where to go. He was the only person we had contact with during our stay. The notice on the table said that breakfast was served between 9 and 10 am so we all got ready and packed up to check out but was informed by the brother that they had breakfast at around 7 am. We never had an invitation to go up to the top eating area. We were satisfied with our accommodations but we were disappointed that we had no interactions with the owners. It just felt somewhat awkward to us and we felt left out. Maybe we just arrived at a bad time, even though it was planned. We drove down to Ocho Rios the morning of departure for breakfast/lunch before heading home to Kingston.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank genesismom05
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review The Lion House. I do apologise for the lack of personal contact and that on arrival we were not thereto greet you That's not what we like to do. I had to attend to urgent business and was out of island for a few days and Mahlon too was called away unexpectedly. As we just have the two rooms its not always possible to be there, yet we do make sure that either Mahlon's brother Eyon or his son Michael can welcome our guests. I will use your feedback to review our organisation of our guest services.
Warm regards
Elizabeth

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Awesome great mountain view there is a community on top of the mountain at night it light up like a City, you will be getting that cool mountain breeze , The natural environment can not be better than what nature can bring to you, Breakfast & Dinner freshly prepared by request.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Sincerely happy that you enjoyed our place. We love it too!! Happy travels. You were great guests. Thank you.