US$160
US$100
  • Pool
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
Hotels.com
US$90
US$88
US$115
US$66
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$62
Columbus Heights(Ocho Rios)
US$144
US$129
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$175
Official Site
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$60
  • Bar/Lounge
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$88
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$446
US$424
Hotels.com
9,405 results
All reviewsjerk hutdeluxe sidesir richardssports barplantation restaurantjerk chickenmammee bayjunior suitemain buffetdunns riverspecialty restaurantssafe keygourmet restaurantcool runningsentertainment staffevery other daymusty smell
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I have been here for two weeks and this is my third visit and it certainly won't be my last . I read with interest the negative reviews and cannot believe these people stay in the same hotel as me . This hotel is a club rui not a palace hence how much you pay if you want a better standard then pay a higher price .This hotel offers a great standard for a good price deal in the Caribbean.People complain about the food don't listen the choice is fantastic for breakfast , lunch and dinner I have eaten delicious food for the last two weeks ,drinks are great with a good choice ,staff are fantastic and not once have I been hassled or treated differently for a tip in fact I was out when the suitcases were delivered and left a couple of dollars on the bed for him which he did not take I asked why and he said you didn't hand the money to me
The pool was kept clean my room overlooked pool and watched them clean it every morning the whole hotel was spotless ,ppl say towels and room smell in some reviews mine were always clean and fresh and our lovely cleaner was always polite and happy to do anything we requested
The beach is beautiful unfortunately as with all the Caribbean there is a problem with seaweed and they fighting a losing battle however they worked endlessly to clear it
Please ignore the bad reviews and go and enjoy for the price you are paying you have a bargain

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank SueU
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Very nice rooms, but if you can see the ocean from your balcony, your room is considered ocean front. Our room was an ocean front junior suite. It faced the pool, but you could see the ocean, not what I expected. A large resort but you never felt like it was over crowded. Lots of beach chairs. No room service or food allowed in the rooms. Variety of liquor brands. The spa service was wonderful!

Room Tip: Specify facing the ocean for ocean front.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heff78
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I was so hesitant to stay here after reading all the negative reviews. I am a travel agent and trust me, if you stay in the deluxe wing you won't be disappointed! I cannot vouch for the non-deluxe side as far as rooms...maybe that's where the negative reviews are coming from, I don't know. But we loved this resort. It's beautiful, food is great, wonderful beach and pools, and friendliest employees. Snorkeling right off the beach can't be beat!! Sit back, relax, and enjoy! You will have a great, affordable trip!

Room Tip: Choose deluxe side
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bfaber2016
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I have been to about 30 all inclusives so I consider myself to be a fair on reviewing vacations. We were at RIU Ocho Rios February 10-17 2018. I traveled with my husband only this vacation. This resort has a variety of beautiful scenery. From the established gardens, mountains, flowers, palms and beach are truly beautiful. This is not a new resort and could use a bit of paint but other than that it is fine.

Check in and out was easy. We were given a map to find our room. On our way to our room a staff member who was not a bell boy or front desk staff member stopped what he was doing to assist us to our elevator. The staff at this resort really tried hard to make you feel welcome.

Our room was a standard room and had the alcohol dispensers and mini fridge in the room. Our request for a king bed and quiet room on a high floor were granted.

The two large pools had swim up bars that were well tended too. A large array of cocktails both from international and local spirits. The bartenders were entertaining and friendly. Special thanks to Adrian.

The activity staff did a good job of keeping people wanting to do the activities. We arrived on Saturday night and the hotel brought in a reggae band that did a fantastic job of entertaining the people. Lots of the guests were dancing. I have never seen such a large turn out at any resort that I have previously been to for the nightly entertainment.

Saturday evening they brought in a steel drum band that was excellent. The energy of the Silver Birds dancing, flipping and marching kept the crowd in awe. This hotel also had steel drummers and other performers near the main buffet restaurant almost nightly that I saw. Good entertainment all week followed by a beach party Friday night.

The are lots of bars and restaurants on this resort. Gold band members have the privilege of going to two restaurants that the red band people cannot but there is still lots of variety of food for everyone. (Japanese and Sir Richard) The service was good om all the restaurants. We tried the Chinese restaurant the first night and there was everything from chicken on a stick and fried rice for the picky eater to sushi, raw tuna, steak tartar, sweet and sour soup that was excellent amongst many items to choose from.

The steakhouse was really good. I have never been to an island that had beef comparable to something you would find at home or better. If you like a good steak go to Sir John or Sir Richard. These are sit down a la carte restaurants for those who are foodies and are prepared to sit and have a longer romantic dinner with better wine (bottled not on the gun or tap) that found at the buffets.

The jerk hut had bbq chicken daily as well as other items switched up regularly such as oxtail or sausage. You add you own sauce if you want bbq or jerk. (Jerk is for the tame jerk).

There is an Italian restaurant that is open for lunch and dinner that is fine for pizza and pasta. No reservations are required so it is first come first serve. All the dinner restaurants seem to open at 6:30 so if you want to be in the early seating it is best to arrive about ten minutes before they open to ensure you get it for the specialty restaurants.

The beach was long enough you could walk on it for a distance. The view was so very scenic and had many shades of blue water and sky. They had many activities on the beach such as beach volleyball, bean bag trow, horseshoes and other activities around if you cared to join in.

The location of this resort once you get here is ideal for the local attractions. We did the Dunn's River Falls with snorkeling trip, Magic Mountain that included a ski chair lift, a small water slide, zip lining and bobsledding on a track similar to a roller coaster track. The scenery at Magic Mountain was spectacular!

We took a taxi into Ocho Rios ($ 35.00 U.S. return to our hotel) to the Taj Mahal shopping outlet. This is just for tourists and has an assortment of trinkets, alcohol, clothing, jewelry and assorted nick knack souvenirs. We were not bothered by anyone at this shopping excursion and grabbed some lunch while in town.

All around this is a good resort. I would rate it a four out of five.

Stayed: February 2018
4  Thank nthomson1
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Got back from ocho Rios February 7, great vacation weather not great but enough sun and warm weather that didn't bother us.The hotel Riu was great front desk upgraded our room to the deluxe junior suite,great room was told was a garden view but also some ocean view was a bonus, don't know about the other rooms but ours was great.The food was delicious everywhere we ate buffet on Monday all you can eat lobester tail.Beach was great and the water fine. Nobody hassled us on the beach and took long walks. The staff at the hotel is some of the best always friendly and helpful.This is my fourth year at a Riu different locations and rateings and enjoyed Riu ocho Rios and consider it one of the best.Ocho Rios is a little commercial and Nigel a little bit more Jamaica but that saying Ocho Rios has some great things to do use Christopher tours for a private tour of the blue hole and Dunn's River falls with astop at schochies.Blue Hole is fantastic and Dunn's falls is a must . Orlando our driver did a good job keeping us informed and feeling safe great tour with Chris tours,so had a great time will definitely be back

Room Tip: Deluxe side was great close to beach, pool some restaurants
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple