2,843 results
All reviews wobbly peacock le papillon beach butler royal grill east beach french restaurant terrace restaurant peter fraser french balcony arnold nugent lobster blt butler service rose water our honeymoon east wing food and beverage manager the general manager
Reviewed 8 March 2006

We just returned from a trip to Royal Plantation. We were going on a trip with 2 other couples. We were all turning 40 and we wanted to celebrate. The Villa was awesome for our trip. Perfect for a secluded getaway with the whole resort at your fingertips. The bedrooms are all the same-we stayed in the bedroom on the ground floor-literally steps from the beach. The bathrooms could use a renovation, but the villa is great for friends who want to hang out together. We had an amazing butler, Durrant, who we wanted to take home. One night he even cooked a fabulous dinner in the villa. The resort is wonderful, but if you have one or two other couples the villa is a great way to go!

• Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank CaseyG7
Reviewed 8 March 2006

First I want to say thank you to all those that posted a review on Royal Plantation (RP) and few other spots we were interested in. It really helps getting real opions from real people.

We stayed at the RP for 5 nights the last week of Feb. and had a wonderful time. My wife and I have been lucky enough to stay at some hotels like 4S Maui, Kea Lani, Hyatt Maui, The Breakers, and I have to say RP was as nice or nicer than all of these. The property is stunning and maintaied perfectly. It is smaller which means smaller beach and pool but while being full we always had chairs and were able to find our own space. (While the wood furniture is hansome, go w/ the plastic they are more comfy!) If you are looking to party this is not the place for you, though you could go next door to the sandels which has more that scene. It is quiet but social with excelent live acoustic music for lunch, dinner and apres. After dinner in the bar you usually can find a few people enjoying a cocktail but overall it is very subdued.

The food is excellent and this is coming from 2 foodies from Manhattan. The Mon nite BBQ and dinner at Papillon were exceptional. Breakfast was good, not the best ever but there was a wide varity. My wife loved afternoon tea! I have heard complaints about portions and honestly I didn't think they were all that small but even if you did you can always order more. Personally, I loved the Royal Plan especially if you like wine or enjoy some drinks at the Beach. Even though we didnt use it much the free mini bar was cool. We didnt really feel the need to leave the resort and food/drink prices are pretty steep if you pay as you go. Perhaps if a couple where neither drinks, it may make sense to go that rout.

The service is very, very good. Personal and extremely polite and friendly. Though this is the one spot where I would say they are a little behind some other spots. Dont get me wrong but I just think the term Island Time and Mr. short term memory apply but they all really try and are quite attentive.

Our room was great. Very clean and good size. They miss screens on the sliding doors which would be nice to have to hear the ocean at nite w/out the bugs.

My wife loved her massage an thought the the spa was great and while the gym small, it was more than enough and very clean.

For your pickup from the airport ask for Cool David. He was a great guy with a real nice new car who drove safely. Very knowledgeable and help make the 2 hour drive like a tour. Have the jerk @ the Ultimate Jerk Center stop, out of this world, authentic and you probably would not go on your own. The golf course was decent. Overplayed and not in good shape but the caddies make up for it!

Overall, just a beautiful place on a beautiful piece of property and for the Caribbean in peak season it seems like real deal for the calaber of hotel.

• Stayed: February 2006
8  Thank dins95
Reviewed 7 March 2006

We just returned from a five day stay at the Royal Plantation and it exceeded every expectation. The staff were generous with their time and effort, patiently answering the myriad of questions I had about the island, the patois, and the peacocks. I found the size of the resort to be a plus, somewhat intimate rather than enormous, and never lacked for a lounge at the pool or beach. In the east wing, the only sound at night was the ocean. I hope to return year after year to this lovely, secluded place.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank mlindab
Reviewed 7 March 2006

Look no further than the Royal Plantation if what you want from your vacation is total relaxation,excelent service and hotel staff that make you feel like royalty.We cannot speak highly enough of the Royal Plantation.Situated between two spotlessly clean beaches and well manicured gardens you will find this hidden gem.Decorated sympatheticly of the old plantation all suites have stunning views of the caribean sea,are well furnished,have crisp white bed linen,gorgeous bath robes,and plenty of toiletries,they also have a well stocked mini bar.
Overlooking the sea is a heated swiming pool and jacuzzi.On the beach you will find beach butlers so you do not need to interupt your sun bathing. The restaurants offer great food with excelent service the flambe one is not to be missed a real treat.Entertainment is well thought out for the hotels guests,You will find a lovely atmosphere in all of the bars and again srvice is first class.
The Spa surely must be one of Jamaicas best, again service is of the highest standard.Lastly if you are wanting something a little bit extra extra special, try a few nights at the Villa Plantana.. Situated at the far end of the beach offering a great deal of privacy
It has fantastic views,a pivate pool,butler service,fantastic accomadation,a car at you disposal,in fact it has to be experienced to appreciate how tranquil the villa really is. We had one week in the hotel and one week in the Villa.Having spent many holidays at the Plantation since it opened we did not think it could get any better. How wrong were we!! our villa week proved it could.
Our thanks must go to the G.M.Mr.P.Fraser and all his staff who make the Royal Plantation the very Best for your Vacation . we know we have tried the rest it really is the Best.The Steele and Clegg Families.

• Stayed: January 2006
8  Thank carela
Reviewed 3 March 2006

The Royal Plantation is for anyone who wants to be totally pampered by the most pleasant people in one place I have ever seen. We were treated superbly by all the employees and may I name a few and forgive me for any that I did not mention but here we go...Dwight at the conceirge check in was very accomodating, Terri Ann at the Royal Cafe was the sweetest as were all her darling staff, Leon, Dwight, Dalan on the beach were awesome, enjoyed Garry's entertainment at the martini bar, Gloria who made our room romantic, and to top it off with a couple favorites-Ricardo the best butler imaginable and the dear Kenrich who are prayers go out to! If you all have not figured it out so far, the staff makes the resort.

The rooms are beautiful and the mini bars are great. The beach is manicured to perfection and there is always a lounge chair and drink waiting for you. There are so many special touches. The spa was incredable as well.

The only draw back for me was the beach was not a long walking beach and I did not want to spend time in the viewless workout room.

Definitly, a first class resort and we have stayed at many to compare. It is quiet like Cap Jaluca, much more comfortable than Jamaica's Ritz, and by far the friendliest resort to date.

11  Thank Relax31871