My wife and I recently stayed at Royal Plantation (March 16-23/12) and had a truly amazing vacation. We had never stayed at a resort that offers butler service, so we didn't quite know what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised and really have to give special mention to our butlers, Sophia and Audell, as they were fantastic. Anything you could possibly want was made possible by these wonderful people. The housekeeping and grounds-keeping staff were also incredible. Every person associated with the resort goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable, welcome and at home. Every night, they add a small personal touch to your room. One night we came back to the room to find candles had been lit and the bed decorated with flower petals. Another night, a bath had been run with a chilled bottle of champaign waiting beside the tub. Then there's the beach butlers, Cleon and Adrian were not only friendly and accommodating, but they were even entertaining. Everyone was always smiling and happy. That can be very contagious, and by the second day my wife and I were doing the same. Years of stress melted away in a very short time here. Then there's the great food. No matter which restaurant we went to, or if we decided to order room service, the food was fantastic. I've read reviews here that talk about slow service, so we were actually kind of expecting it. Not once in the week we were there did we get slow service. When we sat down in a restaurant, we were immediately served every time, and always by unbelievably friendly staff. Room service was always within the time promised and always accurate. We spent a lot of time on the beach and neither one of us even saw an insect. Not one mosquito all week. We don't know if this is a seasonal thing or related to the geography, but it was a very welcome bonus. This resort is first class all the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and TravelUp so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios