All reviews dvd player c unit living room view of the ocean apartment supermarket housekeeper units vrbo jamaica cooker taxis vacation veranda
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The owner was very nice, at first. advertisement for the apartment was wrong, it shows you the beach , but you have to stand on your balcony and trying to see the ocean. I book it for two weeks but I stayed only one night and let the owner know that for some people it is nice but because the bedroom was aloft and the whole place was too dark I always have to put the light on. So instead of tranquility I felt more depressed. She said I was the only person who think that way, and kept my $900 . I did meet the manger at the time miss Tristan brown. But as I said some times do believe what you see.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Georgia L
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We came to Chrisanns because we had to drop off our daughter with family. We have stayed here several times before. All were good with the exception that you have to go to the lobby to access the “free” WiFi.

On this occasion, we left a night early due to safety concerns. My husband and I were accused of bringing in multiple people into the room, in the middle of the night, by the security guard. Needless to say due to lack of cameras, it became a he said she said situation. No faith in the guest. If you ever hear a banging on your door be sure to call the police.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank cv8802
chrisannsbeachresort, Manager at Chrisanns Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Good afternoon Ms. Valerie,
I must apologize for your experience. I am aware of the incident, at this time the matter is under investigation we will be contacting you once we have the matter is resolve. Mrs. Whitter Assistant Property Manager.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I spent a week at this resort and I must say I enjoy it very much the place is very clean my room # 28 was simply the best the staff was extremely helpful room service very good I must say simmone she's the best I honestly can't complain the only issue I couldn't connect to the Wi-Fi from my room but I didn't need it anyway my t mobile service get the job done at no extra cost also this is a home away from home resort no restaurant on site but across the street you can find what ever you want overall great place good price and a friendly atmosphere I'll be back there on my next visit to jam rock. ATL GA

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
chrisannsbeachresort, Manager at Chrisanns Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you very much for this review and for your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We rented off vrbo and got ocean front 2 room apartment. Apartment was extremely nice very clean and housekeeper was the best. Room had oceanfront with window beds and steps from the ocean. We could lay in bed watch and listen to the oceans waves.

Only issue was pool was not cleaned completely all week (had storms on Sunday and many leaves and branches were in it all week) and same for the ocean front beach area, littered in trash, including bottles and plastic. No one cleaned all week, must wear shoes if going to walk on beach or in water in front of units

Security guy was great and helpful in getting cabs and giving recommendations

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2017

The good stuff first. Location is good on N Coast highway about 2.5 miles east of Ocho Rios, on the coast side. It has about 24 maybe 30 rooms arranged in two wings both facing a moderate sized pool and common area leading towards the sea. The beach area is very modest and mainly stony with a breakwater close to shore as it is exposed to the predominant wind. Rooms are good /American sized with a cooking area + terrace.

The not so good. There is no management / reception staff on site. Security covers reception. Cleaners are not supervised and not thorough.. There is no bar or food offer + Wi-fi is in the small reception area only [8 - 10 places]. The décor is fair at best. Furniture and bed / bedding is a bit tired and shabby.

The Red flags are:
1. Safety – One hob of the electric cooker heaters was permanently on and hot enough to boil water. Staff knew all about it already! So no-one cares for guest safety.
2. Fire Extinguishers – Last filled / serviced in early 2012, the pressure gauge was well into the 'Recharge' zone.
3. Cleaning no better than a lick and a promise. Walls doors and lighting had long-term dirt on them and not properly cleaned when reported to cleaner
There are a lot of small hotels etc. nearby. So I am sure that I can find better accommodation at similar cost

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple