All reviews close to downtown jamaican experience laid back ocean view ochi davis ships
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had been planning this trip for months ...if you are unfamiliar with Ocho Rios you might wonder if you are heading in the direction of a hotel when you are goung...the property has the bare essentials to function and all in all the staff was friendly enough and whilst it needed a bit of sprucing up it has a rustic charm and a lot of potential if only the right investors pumped cash into it. The property is 5 mins walk from "Miss T's Kitchen" which is where we had dinner, breakfast was pretty decent as well which we had on property...WiFi is available in the lobby to guest after you request the password and all the staff are accommodating....environs is quiet for being basically in the heart of ochi... this place is a diamond in the rough and just needs some tlc

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Norcott G
Reviewed 14 August 2015

This place was nothing the online pictures shows. The only match was the ocean pictures. My first sight was witnessing a drug transaction soon as I got off the shuttle. Then front desk wanted me to check in before I can view my room. I wanted to see a room and the one they eventually showed me the AC didn't work and the guy said "just open the window for a breeze". I wanted to contact KAYAK immediately but my phone was not connected to wifi and when I asked for the password she said I must first check in. That's when I ran.....

Why are you advertising this dump? I want my money back I didn't stay there and they charged my card. Look at what you are offering online its a complete lie from where I stood.

If your company is going to represent this hotel on line please do the consumers a favor, check out the properties beforehand. Tear the building down and rebuild a better property. Safety is a major concern when traveling miles away from home. What's even worst was me not being able to communicate with no one. Being held hostage by way of wifi was not going to make me change my mind. Rude front desk customer service. Reading the previous reviews, someone is lying about how good it is there. Unbelievable!!!! Get off the travel expressway........

Allan

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
8  Thank Allan B
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

Really really enjoyed myself. Wanted to see Ochi & it was so much fun!!! It was convenient placed in the center of it all and I made some new friends too!!! It was clean, the staff was helpful and pleasant!!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank Tempie G
Reviewed 3 August 2015

I read the reviews before I booked the room but decided I would give it a try, it was only for 1 night. Umm, wow it is amazing how differently people see things. I was not looking for an upscale, all inclusive place. Just somewhere halfway descent to lay my head for the night. The hotel was down a super narrow street in a VERY sketchy part of town, I didn't feel safe. I can deal with the age of the hotel. I understand that Jamaica is a developing country but I too have my limits. I told my husband we would have to sleep in shifts to make sure our family was safe. Luckily we were able to find another place in a much better part of town so we could all get a good night's sleep. I took the loss of money as paying for a valuable lesson.

Room Tip: Let the Buyer Beware!!!
Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank LeSonja U
Reviewed 31 July 2015

The first thing I could say about silver seas is that it had a wonderful seaside view. The rooms where ok they where fully air conditioned, but the entire holt should be renovated. In our bathroom the sink seemed like if you leaned on it would pull out from the wall fall down. The balcony was nice and spacious which I loved. The bed was not that comfortable. The staff was not really pleasant either. The only reason I would stay there again if I'm on a major budget and can't afford anywhere else. The good thing is that they had free wifi in the lobby which gave us time away from the kids beside the swimming pool. The location was also good because there was plenty to do in the day and evening hours. Plenty night life and gives you a local feel of Jamaica. They have outside markets with fruits and veggies and roots, herbs, spices. They also had locals selling products on the street side like clothes, and dvd's for a dollar us. Tons of shops and food options in walking distance, great location!

Room Tip: In lobby wifi, great location in town, need renovating but not a bad price.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family