“Cochroaches, Dirty and Unsafe!”

Turtle Beach Towers
Reviewed 21 February 2012

When we got to the room, which smelled bad, was sufficatingly hot (no AC), very dirty and it was unsafe. The windows had a hinge to lock but they didnt close all the way and you could easily put a wire hook into room and unlatch the lock. With not having a fully closed window, our room had lots of mosquitos in it.

I talked to the manager, told him I didnt like the room, I felt unsafe. He told me that I had nothing to worry about, there was not another room and that this is the room that Hotwire secured for our stay.

My husband and I tried to go with the flow, so we went to the local store, bought linen and pillows ($100) and went back to the room. After spending the night there, in the morning I woke up to a cochroach in the room. My husband covered in bites. We left the room, walked the beach, exhausted from a lack of sleep, I cried, and he found me a new apartment complex that was clean, in good repair, friendly staff (mystic ridge).

This is not a hotel. Its an apartment complex. And I think the photos speak for itself.

I have stayed in apartments before and some are better than others but honestly, Ive never stayed in a place that was so unclean and unsafe, until now. Thankfully we didnt have to stay more than one night.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Celina B
There are newer reviews for Turtle Beach Towers

Reviewed 24 October 2011

These apartments are literally in walking distance of EVEYTHING you need. A great beach, supermarket, shops, night life...Had the best 2 weeks of my life staying in these apartments and would go back in a second.

I forget which unit I stayed in, but the property itself was very well maintained and the pool area as well. Literally beach was a 2 minute walk and it was such a nice beach to go hang out and swim, just a perfect place to stay in Jamaica.

Would reccomend staying here to ANYBODY who doesn't want the tourist atmosphere. The apartments are nice and its in PRIME location.

Loved it, couldn't say more great things about it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michelle J T
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Shortly after booking unit 1-4C, I read several reviews on Trip Advisory about this unit having an ant problem I immediately emailed Prem, the CEO in charge and made him aware of my concern as well as requested a refund. I was told the unit did not have an ant problem as it was regularly treated. We arrived on July 19 and guess what? As soon as I stepped in the kitchen, ants were all over the kitchen counter. I immediately sent an email and shortly thereafter the woman in charge if the unit showed up with a can of spray. She sprayed the counter and everything around it and acted as if that was the end of the ants. I insisted on speaking with management so she called someone. The woman I spoke with told me she would move us to another 2-bedroom unit but not until the next day. While sleeping sitting in the livingroom chair as well as sitting on rhe sofa, we noticed ants crawling on some papers I sat on the sofa as well as ants were scurrying around the coffee table. The next morning we were contacted and told there were no other 2 bedroom units available. However we were offered a unit at the Silver Sands location. Well, when we arrived there, they wanted us to pay more money to stay there and the unit they showed us was in disarray, cushions were on the floor, the bed wasn't made and it was obvious it needed to be cleaned. At that point we asked fir our money back. The only positive thing in this experience was they did refund our money. When we left I was very concerned about being ripped off but before leaving I requested something in writing regarding their promise to refund our money on that same date. Nobody should have to live with ants crawling all over the place, especially not while on vacation! What was most disappointing is that they were made aware of my concern a month or so before our arrival yet nothing was done, that's poor service. If you want to see the video I took of the ants, it will be on YouTube by the end of the week, I've gotta get my kids to post it as I don't know how. Lol!
PS
We drove to Montego Bay and stayed at Half Moon Resort in Rose Hall, our 2 weeks there was wonderful, NO ants. Google Half Moon, it's beautiful!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Cegies
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Originally we planned to stay at the Carib, but my apartment was booked so we stayed at Apt 38D in Turtle Beach Towers for 10 days. Upon arrival the apartment was a little musty, but once we opened up the balcony doors and the windows there was a wonderful breeze that bought in all the great smells of Jamaica. The apartment was cleaned very well. Our housekeeper came every other day. No bugs. Thank you Ms. Linneth.

The entire apartment is air conditioned - works very well but wasn't needed during the day. I enjoyed sitting out on the balcony in the evening and watching the kids play in the pool. It was nice to hear kids laughing. You get a good view of the main road with all the attractions Margaritaville (there is also a Devon House Ice Cream place in the Village), the mountains and a view of the ocean - slight frontal view of cruise ship docked, and the pool. From your living room window you get a good view of the main road - great for people watching. On the days the cruise ships came in, there was a steel band that played across the road.

I can't say enough about the location. You are in the center of everything. There is an onsite food place - ate there once for breakfast. There are tons of places to eat and drink. Down the road closer to Fisherman's Point there's a little club that does Karaoke on Tuesday nights. Security is very visible.I felt very safe and I never worried about my belongings in the apartment either.

Becasue we had such great weather and everything really is right there we walked everywhere. When we needed transportation - John was a great. Just ask for "John down the Road" if you need to go anywhere.

I will definitely go back - but I would like to stay in Building 1 - only because I would like more of an ocean view. Otherwise as far as the cost and location, this was a great choice.

I booked through MySilverSands and would like to thank Angella and Desrine for adjusting my dates and Kimesha for checking in on us while we were there.

Michele

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We had a wonderful stay at Turtle Beach Towers! The location was wonderful. Right in the heart of everything. My husband and two children and I were stayed at the condo for one week in December and we had an amazing time. Everything was literally within walking distance. Easy access to the beach and a huge swimming pool that the kids loved. The apartment was a great value for your money. We saved so much money because we were able to cook our meals. The apartment was extremely clean, spacious and the view of the beach was amazing. The service was great and the staff very friendly and accommodating. The owners were very responsive to our questions about nearby attractions and provided us with a wealth of information relating to attractions for the kid, restaurants and shopping. We did go to The Dolphin Cove which by the way was an amazing experience for all of us. We had a wonderful family vacation and would choose no other place in Ocho Rios to spend our next one. Can’t wait to return again!"

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family