Lowest prices for your stay
Hurb
View deal
Hotels.com
Snaptravel
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2020

Sand Castles is a beachfront resort/apartment complex that can be rented by the owners. It is right on the beach and within walking distance to everything. Be aware of who you rent from. Had very bad experience from the owner of E23 Sandra Edison Noel. Her apartment was outdated and not up to code. If you write an honest review about your experience the host will fabricate one about you to prevent other hosts from renting from you in the future. The host will lie and say you broke things that she wouldn't come to fix. Hard to contact them during your stay. Very vindictive owner. Not all apartments are bad just in my experience this one (E23). Just read honest reviews of people who stayed at the owner's apartments in order to choose one.

Room tip: Read reviews, not all apartments are bad, good location
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank 1angie1
Reviewed 15 January 2020 via mobile

It’s been about a week and I think I am calm enough to write this review. We reserved an 3 bed ocean view suite on Expedia and it was called “Mermaid Suite at Sandcastles”. No one knew “Mermaid Suites” including the front desk but they knew Sandcastles. We went to check in and they said the room would be ready by 3pm. We arrived at 2pm when the confirmation email said check in was. No problem...went to get some food and came back. No word on the room until 4 pm when someone walks us to our dumpy 1 bed dumpster view room. Went back to the front desk where we were informed that the room we reserved was still being used by the previous tenant. They decided to stay an extra night and were allowed to. (I don’t know why anyone would want to stay 1 night at this place let alone 2.) The entire place is old, run down and in disrepair. The bathroom in the “room” was small, dirty, rusty and full of ants. We called Expedia and they tried to remedy the situation to no avail. We were offered a $25 discount for the room change. (How generous considering we reserved a 3 bed suite and received 1 bed) I wouldn’t pay a total of $25 for a room here. Another family of 4 adults were in the lobby dealing with the exact problem. By the time it was all over (about 7:30pm), we were forced to stay in this nasty room over night, Expedia gave us a coupon for more than the room cost and we got out of there a quickly as possible.
I write reviews on TripAdvisor and I rarely write a negative one, but I just had to make sure no one else has to deal with this on their vacation.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank dabish0p
Reviewed 19 December 2019

As I type this I’m currently being wet by the rain leaking through the roof. There has been rain on and off since I arrived but the problems with the leaky roof started when works started on the roof and were not finished despite the workmen moving on to another building. I spoke to who I could only describe as the manager a extremely rude lady. Clearly she had no plans to rectify the problem and was not interested in my concerns no customer experience at all. She said speak to the owner of the apartment it’s there problem. No the problem occurred when your workmen interfered with the roof. See attached pictures (will also try to upload a video). Also loud events till after 11:30pm with teenagers screeching like Banshees at the top of their voices preventing my 2 children from sleeping. I understand they host events but when a certain time of night comes music or bass should be turned down. If I wanted to get wet i would’ve gone to a camp site. Oh and note not even get started on the unwanted uninvited house guests that come from god knows where every time it rains. Roach upon roach ewwww! If I could give zero stars I would. I’ll give 1 star for location. Very unpleasant hotel manager needs a crash course in customer service skills.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank scorpio_empress1711
Reviewed 25 October 2019

Iv stayed here several times and sadly this is the last. Receptionist was lovely but other staff need a shake up. Security on the beach side kissing teeth at guests and
tone of voices is enough to put anyone off , you dont hear no music all day, try going to bed past 10 the outside kitchen staff blazing music, i can only imagine how many kids were eoken up. I love reggae anytime but i chose sandcastles because when you want to come back and rest from excursions and stuff you can rest...or if you wany extra music late you can go sands bar..never ever had this issue. Also being served out of date drinks...sun loungers look historically worn down....
i honeslty dont know whats happened to this place i come here regularly but i certainly wont be returning....manners dont cost anything!

Date of stay: September 2019
3  Thank Respect2020
Reviewed 13 October 2019

The room was rented private
Unfortunately too many rules and regulations every minute when you’re around the pool can’t do this can’t do that don’t seem to be able to walk or breathe without being in a problem one rule for one another for the other staff seem really depressed not all of them the girls and guys that are on the little bar by the pool really lovely.... extremely rude and unhelpful are the rest
Pool guy miserable and ruined everything for everyone....
Been here many times but just love the location but u just have to ignore the staff tbh
Also need update .....pool chairs to lay on we’ll only three of them exist yes just three and they are on the way out soo if you are looking for a nice afternoon by the pool do you better make sure that you get down there early for the three chairs Lol

Date of stay: October 2019