All reviews turtle park beach access craft market margaritaville nightlife poolside
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The room was unfit to be rented to anyone. My receipt stated D25 but we were placed in A17. That room is run-down, looks dirty has a musty, dirty odour, the telephone and wi-fi did not work so we could not even call front desk to report issues. We indicated there was no hot water, maintenance came the first night and that was the only time there was hot water in the room.
One of my son's began wheezing, the other sneezing continuously, so I knew we had to leave. The second morning, I approached front desk and asked what is the refund policy, the supervisor immediately suggested we look at other rooms; an indication they knew it was unacceptable for occupancy. I was upset and seriously wondered if we were placed in that awful room because we are West Indians from Barbados, and they did not view us as worthy.
Due to the negative effect the place was having on my children's health, we checked out after two days, on the morning of the 15th and checked into Sandals Beaches.

Stayed: August 2018
4  Thank Frances W
Reviewed 4 August 2018

We need more places like this in Jamaica: Beachfront, quiet, individuality, budget worthy, updated and spacious. This is by far a beautiful resort. Unit C4 was a pleasure to stay in - with a lovely decor and great on the wallet (budget worthy). I love that each unit in the Resort has its own style - CHOICES! You may find these units to book on any platforms. Despite the outdated photos on this website, many of the units (as I walked thru) were updated and very nicely decorated. There is so much to do in Ochi that luxury just doesn't need to be an option because I was out of the room all day on adventures. The cable system allows you not to miss anything you may want to watch later.
You can get an authentic Jamaican meal across or down the street for $10 or less, shop for grocery snacks, dinner for $20 or less and your room is less than $100 (maybe $200) a night. I think the choice is obvious.
It is close to all the tourist adventures on the map! And local spots! The grounds are breathtaking! The water is warm - the beach has marine life that is phenomenal! A late night swim at the pool under the moon and stars is a treat!
I had a wonderful visit. It's not the old Jamaica, but attitudes and personalities in the world are changing everywhere. So with that in mind stick to the objective - enjoy the food, resort, beach and adventures - waterfalls, fern gully, etc.

Room Tip: Apartment C4 Ground floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank AnastasiaWorld10
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Room A29 was decent except the ants.

➖ - The floors were not 100% clean in room
- The private beach entrance is blocked off until further notice.
- No fitness room/equipment
- No breakfast accommodations and the places around open around 9/1000 am. Need that coffee and don’t want Burger King.
- There are ALOT of people who hassle you walking anywhere, which would make the private beach entrance great and access to that road which takes you to the shops by Margaritaville.
- At night, there are lots of unauthorized people by the pool area so do not have too many drinks.
- We watched security let a person in the gate at night without checking anything.
- There is very loud music until about 3-4 am.
- We checked out a day early, 2 other families were complaining about how bad the service and facility was and they were also leaving the hotel earlier than expected. We would not recommend this place as the 1st option.

➕ - The receptionists were always nice and helpful.
- Even though we did not use it, the pool was cleaned every morning.
- The taxi scheduled through the hotel is pricey, but you pay for the convenience of not having to haggle and Mr. Cox is awesome! I would always request him for taxi.
- Security is always there at the gates, but sometimes let in just anybody at night.
- The room was nice but had one big problem, ANTS.
- The people at the convenient (alcohol, cigars, toiletries) store right next to the property are awesome and a great source of trusted info!
- Great distance by Dunn’s River Falls and Dolphin Cove.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dhaniyo
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

My stay here was a great experience, give and take a few hiccups.

Once I booked through Bookings.com I received a confirmation email with the information to contact the owner for the room. The owner was very informative and answered all my questions (I had a lot). When we got there Ms. Black who is the care taker for the room was helpful and reachable. The room was fully functional, clean and I felt safe.

The only issues I had were that that pool wasn't very clean even after someone was there vacuuming for some time (the pool had sediments in it). Another draw back and the biggest annoyance to me and a lot of other persons I think too, was the fact that there was no direct entrance to the beach from Sandcastles I had to walk all the way around to the public entrance. Based on what I've read the construction of the promenade is still not done.

With that said it was a good trip and I will go back to Sandcastles again hopefully by that time the construction will be done.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherese S
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Apartments are really run down. I just love the close proximity to restaurants and bars. There were roaches in the apt I stayed in and I felt like the bathroom was extremely small! Enjoyed hanging out at the bar and restaurant on property Elements. The bartender was amazing, she ensured we were taken care of for each visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family