9,499 results
All reviews manor side riviera side reef terrace butler village butler service manor house kelly's dockside manor pool southern table great house semi private pool le gourmand polo lounge rabbit hole club level our honeymoon riviera building
Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

This was my first trip to an inclusive resort. Walking in initially it was extremely nice and the waitstaff was very very friendly. For instance, Jahvona (a trainee in the entertainment dept) came over and ate a pizza with us then told us all about the resort and insider tips. Ashani was one of the best bartenders I've ever had mixing any type of drink we asked. When we were dancing at one of the clubs, Connie (playmaker) danced all night with us. Highly recommend it. Will come back again.

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went to celebrate our honeymoon. This place was incredibly beautiful and the staff were above and beyond nice and helpful. Our butlers Dennis and Vivian were the most happy, friendly and welcoming people that we've ever met. I wanted limes for my gin and tonics and Dennis not only checked the whole resort but took his lunch break to go into town to get some. The butler villas were well worth the money and we will be back as soon as we can!

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

A large group visited last week. We had 18 in our party. We tried to make a dinner reservation before arriving and were told they would accommodate when we arrived. Long story short, it didn't happen any night and we had to continue to ask several times each day. Food was really good but even the service at most restaurants was not. Bartenders were more interested in talking with fellow staff than make you a drink for the most part, except a few bartenders. Staffing of the bars was also low.

I Won't go back to this Sandals and will have a hard time with Sandals again after this experience, which is surprising since I thought past experiences were extremely well spent.

2  Thank Luke C
Bryanne E, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Ochi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Hello Luke,

Thank you for your review of Sandals Ochi Beach Resort. Our top priority is to provide all of our visitors with a luxurious, all-inclusive Caribbean vacation that they will enjoy from start to finish. Therefore, we are sorry if we did not quite exceed all of your expectations. It was especially surprising to hear that you feel our hard-working and exceptional staff standards were not more evident while you were with us, as our friendly service has been one of the features that guests have enjoyed the most. We take this aspect of our operation very seriously and will be sure to notify the appropriate management teams of your comments so they can address this matter effectively. We do hope that you would grant us an opportunity to provide a much more enjoyable Sandals resort vacation in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Having stayed at other Sandals properties, Ochi sadly didn't live up to my expectations. It's a very large property so if you are looking for a more intimate setting this is not the resort for you. It's also a bit run down. The lobby areas are very nice, but in general the place could use some upkeep. A huge portion of the resort is located across the street from the beachfront portion. They have shuttles to take you to the beach but in general the resort is inconvenient to walk around. The portion sizes for dinner were quite small so I would advise patrons to eat a heavier lunch where the portions were larger. We really enjoyed the Rabbit Hole, which is a speakeasy style lounge in the property. Great drinks and entertainment. I had an amazing massage and the golf course was enjoyable as well. I think my favorite day was when we reserved a cabana on the beach and soaked up the sun. The cabana comes with a server that kept the drinks and snacks coming all day. It was ok, but to be honest I would try a different resort next time I'm in Jamaica.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JennaLee8230

Hello,

Thank you for vacationing at Sandals Ochi Beach Resort and reviewing your experience. Sandals always aim to ensure that our couples have an amazing and unforgettable resort experience that they will cherish forever. Therefore, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the entertainment, Red Lane Spa and beach cabana. On the other hand, we regret that overall you did not have a more spectacular trip. All of your comments will be sent to the appropriate management teams, including our maintenance team for future resort improvements. I trust that if you explore another one of our beautiful resorts perhaps better suited to your personal vacation style, you will have a truly phenomenal Sandals experience.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Sandals Ochi is actually 2 resorts in one. A beach or Rivera side and a hill top side. There is plenty of beach area with many water activities to enjoy. The beach side has 3 pools and 3 hot tubs with the hill side having 2 pools (one is huge) and 1 hot tub. There are many tropical paths to go for a walk. The food is really good for the most part. Stick with the seafood or jerk chicken / pork. Be aware that the beach side has steps to everything and the hill side has an uphill climb to reach the cottages. The speak easy "The Rabbit Hole" is superior with great entertainment. My only negative is that the there was no resort map or restaurant list with dining times and required dress in our room. All employees were friendly and helpful.
We hope to return there next year.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple