All reviews clean rooms cable television quiet room the security guard hotel is located reception staff ochi microwave taxi jamaica ackee comfort sheets kingston
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The rooms are ample in size, the sheets were very clean but the bathroom was too small & outdated. This COULD BE a nice motel but needs modernizing, inside and out!
Thankfully the air conditioner worked great & the shower head was THE BEST EVER!

Room Tip: There aren't any rooms with a nice view. Either the street or the back of the motel.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank linda m
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This was a great stay for us, very near to 'Tracks and Records' so I could walk over in my heels.. a little distance out of the hustle and bustle so it's quiet, but near enough for us to enjoy Ochi Rios without much travelling. The staff was very accommodative, food from the restaurant was great, with options of boiled food #2thumbsup.. definitely will go again and recommend also...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you so much for the review. It was our please to host you. Looking forward to hosting you again

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Initially reluctant to write this review; given that most of the staff were friendly (Lavern, Anika, kitchen and reception staff) and my room was somewhat comfortable, having said that, these were the only positives!

My issues and concerns (all discussed with the manager) were as follows:
1) Internal theft from my mothers room from one maid in particular. Reported, however replacement could have been offered and was not. Said staff member was allowed to continue working with access to guest rooms, no, suspension or loss of job. Absolutely gobsmacked!
2) Alarming lack of security - open access to hotel for anybody to wander in. Security camera's said to be installed, however only one man patrolling the site. This security man prefers to remain hidden, so when entering the site at night, you may or may not see him. Quite confused by this stance, as I would expect security to be visible and reassuring to guests. Equally alarming, no phones are in the rooms, so if anyone did make it to your door, there is no way of alarming the security or any member of staff.
3) Hotel is behind a shopping complex, off the main street, easily missed. Does not live up to the pictures shown. Unable to provide pictures myself, as my phone was stolen in a separate incident in another area of Jamaica.
4) No entertainment provided, hotel is on lock down from 10:30.
5) Noise! Extremely noisy, walls are thin, doors slamming, people outside driving through blasting music any time of the morning, regular occurrence of people revving and riding up and down on motorbikes.

To sum up, I would say this hotel is fit for a weekend stay or if you are just passing through, anything more, i'd leave up to you to decide.

Room Tip: Vehicles drive past the rooms at the front, however I have been told you can hear the same amount of noise from the back rooms also.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Tracey D, Owner at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

So sorry to see that you were so disappointed that you had to write the review, especially considering that, as you wrote, you spoke with me. Especially also with regarding to the flask of rum your Mom reported missing was found by her in the same room. I would not have fired the housekeeper since, as you acknowledged - the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door and I told you that the housekeepers happily stay away from those rooms as its less rooms to clean. Regarding the security, I'm sorry you did not see the guards as they are required to patrol the entire properly throughout their shift. At night time we lock one side of the property so that they can limit the patrol to the one side that has access. You complained about the lack of entertainment and I explained that when we do have entertainment most guests no show as they come for R & R or to attend parties in Ocho Rios . I offered to organize entertainment during the weekend and you told me not to bother. I'm really sorry you were not happy. You even left a phone in the room. I sent you an email regarding same. Please advise what to do with the phone as it is still here.
Best regards

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Don't let the dated looks and location of the hotel shy you away. Wonderful staff, cleaned very well every day, nice firm beds, good internet and cable tv, fridg in room. All was good. I will be back again when I am in Ochi. If you want a quiet room tell the front desk, they will place you in a quiet area of the hotel or Miss Tracy will accomadate you if you have any issues. Looking forward to another visit soon. Thanks again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank joecolvin
Tracey D, General Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thanks so much for your review. We're happy you were comfortable and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The room was clean but run down and dated. The AC worked pretty well some of the time. The staff was inattentive and pretty unhelpful when trying to plan out our days. For the money it was OK but we wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

We're so sorry to learn you were dissatisfied. Also that our staff were unhelpful. This is very disturbing and I will definitely look into this