US$160
US$90
US$88
US$115
US$66
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$62
Columbus Heights(Ocho Rios)
US$144
US$129
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$60
  • Bar/Lounge
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$175
Official Site
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$88
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$446
US$424
Hotels.com
All reviewsalmond treebreakfast was includedswinging barincluded in the room raterooms are cleanjamaican breakfastocean viewclose to townport antonioocho rios townour honeymoonweddingreefgourmetbartender
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We had a room overlooking the sea. The view as always fantastic. The bathroom had no place to put toiletries. We ended up moving a small table from the living area into the bathroom which was big enough and should have had some place to put ones things. The bathroom had insufficient hooks, etc. to hang wet bathings suits and beach towels. We ended up hanging the wet towels on the exterior railing but as soon as a strong wind came they fell off, once even onto the lower grass level. The bed was comfortable. There was no small fridge, no coffee maker and no safe in the room. In fact one was expected to use the safe in the reception area with a US $50 deposit for the key. The door to the room would have opened if someone just gave it a good bang. The so-called "gourmet" breakfast which is included in the room rate is certainly not "gourmet". I ordered poached eggs with sausages the 1st morning. Obviously this restaurant has no poaching pan, which even I have at home. The egg was apparently dropped into some water and then placed dripping onto a piece of toast. The toast was all soggy and wet. The sausages were the worst I have ever eaten. They were white and not nicely browned as they should be. Inside the sausage was pink and the taste was awful. Obviously Jamaicans do not know how to cooked these 2 items. So I decided to have the Jamaican breakfast the next day. The choice of juice was watery orange juice and pineapple juice which was not identifialble as pineapple. In a country like Jamaica where these fruits grow, these should have been freshly juiced. The small offering of fresh fruit was also disappointing. The spotty bananas were prepared hours before serving so that the ends were brown. The papaya and water melon were under-ripe. There was no choice of bread. Simple white cheap sliced bread. This breakfast was really bad and not "GOURMET"!
The hotel itself has a fantastic location sitting on the cliff overlooking a calm sheltered bay. The exterior reef protects the area. Every day masses of tourists are brought by boat to snorkel on the inside of this reef. The coral is mostly dead in the bay with a few small outcrops trying to survive the onslaught of tourists. The bay is good just for swimming. There is a small artificial sand patch which gets no sun as it is on the North side but it is good for lounging. There were 4 chairs. Easy entry into the sea. We ate once at the restaurant which is over priced and a disappointing experience. The hotel itself lives off of its location, but desperatly needs a fresh European or North American input to bring it to an acceptable foreign vistor standard. The entry area has some interesting paintings which are hung in such a dark brown room with poor lighting that one just overlooks them. This charming room has an empty glass book case and just 2 chairs and is quite uninviting at the moment. But so much potential. I can not at this time recommend this hotel and its restaurant to foreign visitors. Perhaps after a re-vamp this will be better at Hibiscus Lodge.

Room Tip: See Blick ist good
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Hotel has a Beautiful view, it's in a good location. Breakfast is OK.

The attendant in the reception sometimes seemed that was not in the mood for giving advices about the places we should visit. There should be a frigobar inside the rooms. The airconditioning is not working properly.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We liked the Jamaican breakfast while we look at the ocean. The grounds are just as the photos, staffs are very polite and pleasant. Had few issues which they attended to straight away without any fuss. WiFi works well but like everywhere in Ja very slow and sometimes disconnects. Ocho Rios Town is just a 5 minuets wall. Only for the able body person no disability access and lot of steps all the way through out the property.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2018

My parents had their honeymoon here and raved about the almond tree restaurant. I myself, have been to Jamaica 15 times and have stayed at small boutique hotels, to huts in port antonio, to your typical all inclusive. I cannot rave enough about how well taken care of we were upon arrival. We went to Jamaica March / April 2017 for our honeymoon, and my husband and I drove the entire island (ocho was our first stop before moving onto port antonio). When booking, I had mentioned that my parents frequented here often in the 80s and that it would be our first night on our honeymoon. Without even asking they upgraded us to the NICEST room, huge balcony with large shutters that overlooked and sat on top of the sea. All of the staff members were so friendly, food was great at the almond tree, and the swinging bar was so much fun! The grounds are beautiful, the location is great, and we were sad we had to head to Port Antonio so soon. We will definitely be back, more than likely next year for my 30th birthday.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annmrie37
Heidi D, Manager at Hibiscus Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for raving about us, we are delighted by your review. We can't wait to see you for your 30th birthday celebration!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I stayed here in December of 2017. I had an unplanned emergency trip to Jamaica and most of the high end hotels/resorts were either booked or charging exorbitant prices because of the holiday season.

While looking for some place to stay, I walked into this charming little hotel. At first glance from the outside I will be honest in saying that I wouldn't typically stay at a place like this but I was a little desperate.

I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk person, Sonika (I believe her name was) was an amazing person. Full of life, accommodating, calm, helpful and informative. It was her pleasant demeanour that made me even look at a room.

She showed me a few rooms and they were all immaculate. I chose room 15. What an amazing room with an ocean view and large balcony/terrace.

The room was good, housekeeping was great, Kept it in tip top shape. My only issue with the room was ants and the fact that there was no telephone. I've never been to a hotel or motel that did not have phones in the room. I had to leave the room to get room service, guest services and anything else. This in my opinion is a miss.

The restaurant was great, service was consistent and the food was absolutely amazing. I stayed for 4 nights and ever meal, breakfast and dinner was lovely. Breakfast is included and it is more than adequate. It was delicious.

The bar was nice and the drinks and bar tender were great.

The pool and the area was very clean.

The walk to the beach is quite a ways evenjhough the property overlooks the sea. They do not have their own beach from what I saw.

The wifi was okay, definitely couldn't watch movies or stream. At times I could not get emails.

The hotel is right on the Main Street where you can walk to the centre of the city, marketplace and restaurants. This makes the hotel loud. You can hear the street noise very clearly. If you don't mind that then you'll be okay.

What was disturbing for me at times is that the hotel itself seems to be an event venue. It hosts weddings and various events. At times I just wanted to work from the hotel room, relax or watch a movie and I could not do that. Some of these events were extremely loud and management did nothing for the guests. It is what it is. If you are okay with the place being loud then you'll be okay. If you want peace and quiet then this place is definitely not for you.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 15 and 14 are amazing rooms with large balconies/terrace and ocean front views
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Polly P

We are so glad you gave us a try and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. We do have a small beach section, it can be accessed from the lover level dining area or by the pool deck by stairs. Our property is a prime location for weddings, we sincerely apologize if this caused a disturbance for you. We are so enthused to hear that the food was absolutely amazing, our guests always raves about our restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we can't wait to have you back with us.